FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

[Q] Using OTG cable and Media Importer with Nexus 7 2 (2013)

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By vcbacon@hotmail.com, Member on 8th August 2013, 12:53 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My new Nexus 7 (2013) is due to arrive soon.
I have an OTG cable and Nexus Media Importer software from the Nexus 7 (2012).

Will this software and OTG cable work with the new Nexus 7 too?
 
 
8th August 2013, 02:10 AM |#2  
yentrog31's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbacon@hotmail.com

My new Nexus 7 (2013) is due to arrive soon.
I have an OTG cable and Nexus Media Importer software from the Nexus 7 (2012).

Will this software and OTG cable work with the new Nexus 7 too?

You're good to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to yentrog31 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2013, 06:39 AM |#3  
slayer69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA.
Thanks Meter: 654
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbacon@hotmail.com

My new Nexus 7 (2013) is due to arrive soon.
I have an OTG cable and Nexus Media Importer software from the Nexus 7 (2012).

Will this software and OTG cable work with the new Nexus 7 too?

Yes......I have both and its working awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to slayer69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2013, 06:52 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag City of Smiles
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
NMI works without rooting right? can I access any file type via this software? planning to get a Nexus 7 2013 next week..
17th August 2013, 03:18 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
new nexus 7 nexus media importer problem
Connection between new nexus 7 & media importer via otg cable with usb, microsd, & sd card connections. Of the three possible connections only pictures works. Usb and music via micro sd do not work. Is this a problem with either the operating system or/& media importer? Any help would be appreciated.
17th August 2013, 04:43 AM |#6  
Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 7
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer69

Yes......I have both and its working awesome.

What do you do - plug them together?
17th August 2013, 05:07 AM |#7  
slayer69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA.
Thanks Meter: 654
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbt-

What do you do - plug them together?

The software will launch when you plug in the OTG cable with a SD card reader and card inside.

17th August 2013, 05:17 AM |#8  
Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 7
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer69

The software will launch when you plug in the OTG cable with a SD card reader and card inside.

No I meant, do you plug the two devices together?
17th August 2013, 05:41 AM |#9  
slayer69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA.
Thanks Meter: 654
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbt-

No I meant, do you plug the two devices together?

Which 2 devices are you talking about? I only have the nexus 7 (2013) tab and HTC One.
17th August 2013, 03:55 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Card reader straight to HDD
Looks like taking pictures off a CF card straight to the device will be no problem. What do you guys think about plugging in a powered USB hub to the OTG cable, with both a Fat32 formatted 1tb HDD and the CF card? Using Nexus Media Importer would I be able to transfer from the card straight to the HDD or would I have to drop them on the device first? I have all the pieces ordered just waiting on shipping. So far I can view/edit raw images(Basic edits) using RAWvision. Looking to be the perfect photographers travel device.
18th August 2013, 07:17 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgang321

Looks like taking pictures off a CF card straight to the device will be no problem. What do you guys think about plugging in a powered USB hub to the OTG cable, with both a Fat32 formatted 1tb HDD and the CF card? Using Nexus Media Importer would I be able to transfer from the card straight to the HDD or would I have to drop them on the device first? I have all the pieces ordered just waiting on shipping. So far I can view/edit raw images(Basic edits) using RAWvision. Looking to be the perfect photographers travel device.

I received the OTG cable early and it works great. Surprisingly my 500gb Seagate GoFlex NTFS reads without external power! I am going to reformat it to FAT32 today and see if I can write no problem. CF card reader works too, read/write. Will post how powered USB hub works when it arrives.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nexus media importer. nexus 7 2, otg
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes