Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

CyanogenMod bringup for i9200/i9205

OP Grarak

18th August 2013, 11:26 PM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 132

286 posts
Wow, cool tool! No difference in the outcome though, screen goes black for a few seconds and then the phone reboots.
19th August 2013, 05:49 PM   |  #92  

286 posts
So.... We've got to basically the same point I got to, using basically the same technique. What's next? I've done a fair amount of googleing I can't find anything on debuging initrc issues.

Does anyone know of any methods to see where/what in the boot-scripts is failing so that we can fix?
26th August 2013, 12:00 PM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 179

1,359 posts
hi,

It's very quiet here. Is this a bad sign? Just wondering.
26th August 2013, 01:19 PM   |  #94  

286 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treare

hi,

It's very quiet here. Is this a bad sign? Just wondering.

Yep. It is... Basically I failed, then grarak failed, and what we need now is someone with the knowledge/experience to sus out why it won't boot. I've ran out of ideas.
26th August 2013, 01:29 PM   |  #95  
OP Recognized Contributor / Developer
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 7,546

2,559 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry that I am not updating this anymore, I am very busy with the S4 right now.

@stiggy2012
try to build a kernel from Samsung Open Source and try to boot a custom kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Grarak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2013, 03:49 PM   |  #96  
Thanks Meter: 179

1,359 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggy2012

Yep. It is... Basically I failed, then grarak failed, and what we need now is someone with the knowledge/experience to sus out why it won't boot. I've ran out of ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grarak

Sorry that I am not updating this anymore, I am very busy with the S4 right now.

@stiggy2012
try to build a kernel from Samsung Open Source and try to boot a custom kernel

ouch, ok
26th August 2013, 05:46 PM   |  #97  
Flag NYC

670 posts
More
Bounty?
My thinking is that all we need is one good ROM for this phone. Maybe we could get a bounty started for the first dev with a stable port of any of the popular ROMs. That might get some interest. I don't know if bounties are still allowed, but i'd be willing to put in at least $20. If a MOD could let me know, i'll start a thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Techngro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2013, 07:03 PM   |  #98  
Thanks Meter: 23

47 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi m8, I'd happily contribute to a bounty too. I've tried and failed myself so it's going to need somebody who has done it before. I'll match your $20.

Sent from some dark corner of my imagination from my Mega (or) Note.
26th August 2013, 10:37 PM   |  #99  
Thanks Meter: 43

167 posts
Whats with talk about needing a custom rom? The stock one is perfectly fine. Dont like the TW interface, use a different launcher. Feel that the stock rom lags, use a debloated stock rom. Be glad everything works unlike on the custom roms. I love custom roms on my note 2 but I would always be flashing because everything was a work in progress. Sides, I mainly use them mostly because I can turn down the dpi down to 240. But now that the mega is already at 240, I can learn to use the phone again instead of using a custom rom and sacrificing this or that feature. By the time the features come in, its already time to be upgrading your phone which you never got to fully use because you were waiting for the next big release of <insert custom rom name>.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th August 2013, 10:43 PM   |  #100  
OP Recognized Contributor / Developer
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 7,546

2,559 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1tro

Whats with talk about needing a custom rom? The stock one is perfectly fine. Dont like the TW interface, use a different launcher. Feel that the stock rom lags, use a debloated stock rom. Be glad everything works unlike on the custom roms. I love custom roms on my note 2 but I would always be flashing because everything was a work in progress. Sides, I mainly use them mostly because I can turn down the dpi down to 240. But now that the mega is already at 240, I can learn to use the phone again instead of using a custom rom and sacrificing this or that feature. By the time the features come in, its already time to be upgrading your phone which you never got to fully use because you were waiting for the next big release of <insert custom rom name>.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This is XDA here we are modding and hacking phones, if you don't want cm then ignore this thread and be happy with touchwiz

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grarak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread