Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 47,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CyanogenMod bringup for i9200/i9205

Tip us?

stiggy2012
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Wow, cool tool! No difference in the outcome though, screen goes black for a few seconds and then the phone reboots.

stiggy2012
Old
Thanks Meter 97
So.... We've got to basically the same point I got to, using basically the same technique. What's next? I've done a fair amount of googleing I can't find anything on debuging initrc issues.

Does anyone know of any methods to see where/what in the boot-scripts is failing so that we can fix?

Droidphilev
Old
Thanks Meter 149
hi,

It's very quiet here. Is this a bad sign? Just wondering.

stiggy2012
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by treare View Post
hi,

It's very quiet here. Is this a bad sign? Just wondering.
Yep. It is... Basically I failed, then grarak failed, and what we need now is someone with the knowledge/experience to sus out why it won't boot. I've ran out of ideas.

Grarak
Old
Recognized Contributor / Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7,232

DONATE TO ME
Sorry that I am not updating this anymore, I am very busy with the S4 right now.

@stiggy2012
try to build a kernel from Samsung Open Source and try to boot a custom kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Grarak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Droidphilev
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggy2012 View Post
Yep. It is... Basically I failed, then grarak failed, and what we need now is someone with the knowledge/experience to sus out why it won't boot. I've ran out of ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grarak View Post
Sorry that I am not updating this anymore, I am very busy with the S4 right now.

@stiggy2012
try to build a kernel from Samsung Open Source and try to boot a custom kernel
ouch, ok

Techngro
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Default Bounty?

My thinking is that all we need is one good ROM for this phone. Maybe we could get a bounty started for the first dev with a stable port of any of the popular ROMs. That might get some interest. I don't know if bounties are still allowed, but i'd be willing to put in at least $20. If a MOD could let me know, i'll start a thread.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T
Bought on Swappa, Blocked by T-Mobile
Given life again via Chainfire's RegionLock Away
Stock
Hyperdrive KK RLS3.1
Effortless ROM Rev 6

Kindle Fire
ROM: Back to Stock

2006: Samsung A900
2007: Original iPhone
2010: Nokia N900
2010: Moto Cliq
2011: HTC G2
2012: Galaxy S II
2012: Galaxy Note
The Following User Says Thank You to Techngro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mse_uk
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Hi m8, I'd happily contribute to a bounty too. I've tried and failed myself so it's going to need somebody who has done it before. I'll match your $20.

Sent from some dark corner of my imagination from my Mega (or) Note.

n1tro
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Whats with talk about needing a custom rom? The stock one is perfectly fine. Dont like the TW interface, use a different launcher. Feel that the stock rom lags, use a debloated stock rom. Be glad everything works unlike on the custom roms. I love custom roms on my note 2 but I would always be flashing because everything was a work in progress. Sides, I mainly use them mostly because I can turn down the dpi down to 240. But now that the mega is already at 240, I can learn to use the phone again instead of using a custom rom and sacrificing this or that feature. By the time the features come in, its already time to be upgrading your phone which you never got to fully use because you were waiting for the next big release of <insert custom rom name>.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Grarak
Old
Recognized Contributor / Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7,232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1tro View Post
Whats with talk about needing a custom rom? The stock one is perfectly fine. Dont like the TW interface, use a different launcher. Feel that the stock rom lags, use a debloated stock rom. Be glad everything works unlike on the custom roms. I love custom roms on my note 2 but I would always be flashing because everything was a work in progress. Sides, I mainly use them mostly because I can turn down the dpi down to 240. But now that the mega is already at 240, I can learn to use the phone again instead of using a custom rom and sacrificing this or that feature. By the time the features come in, its already time to be upgrading your phone which you never got to fully use because you were waiting for the next big release of <insert custom rom name>.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
This is XDA here we are modding and hacking phones, if you don't want cm then ignore this thread and be happy with touchwiz

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grarak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]