Thanks Meter: 17

155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo209

I have one and hate it.

First, it interferes with my signal.
Second, very heavy.
Third, the camera and flash protective glass pops out easily. And is a pain to put them back in.
Fourth, When i tighten down the middle screws, it causes a rainbow effect on my screen.

I emailed the company about a return, they wouldn't do it, just a replacement.

It's just sitting in my drawer.

Could just send it over my way

Sent from my Bonestock S4
23rd September 2013, 09:57 PM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 7

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo209

I have one and hate it.

First, it interferes with my signal.
Second, very heavy.
Third, the camera and flash protective glass pops out easily. And is a pain to put them back in.
Fourth, When i tighten down the middle screws, it causes a rainbow effect on my screen.

I emailed the company about a return, they wouldn't do it, just a replacement.

It's just sitting in my drawer.

When did you get the case? Did you get it straight from Love Mei? My video review specifically mentions how heavy it is and that the camera/flash cover was a bad design. However, the antenna issue for me is still not an issue. I thought it was at first, but I did a on/off test and it was not the case.

This case is not for everyone. That's for sure. I hope you didn't spend more than $35 for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackbeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2013, 10:17 PM   |  #173  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 211

875 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeagle

When did you get the case? Did you get it straight from Love Mei? My video review specifically mentions how heavy it is and that the camera/flash cover was a bad design. However, the antenna issue for me is still not an issue. I thought it was at first, but I did a on/off test and it was not the case.

This case is not for everyone. That's for sure. I hope you didn't spend more than $35 for it.

I don't see how the case could be much of an issue with antenna reception, because the case is mostly rubber around the band and also part of the back. Most people who are complaining about the case are using personal preferences as "valid" complaints, which have nothing to do with the actual functions of the case. The case is big and bulky and has aluminum front and back, of-course it's going to be heavy. So the lens cover pops out, if you're constantly removing the case it might be an issue for you, but an issue that is your choice. Yes this case is not for everyone, but everyone should research what they are getting into so they don't waist their money, or complain about something that is obviously a known factor.
24th September 2013, 12:08 AM   |  #174  
Thanks Meter: 7

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuser

I don't see how the case could be much of an issue with antenna reception, because the case is mostly rubber around the band and also part of the back. Most people who are complaining about the case are using personal preferences as "valid" complaints, which have nothing to do with the actual functions of the case. The case is big and bulky and has aluminum front and back, of-course it's going to be heavy. So the lens cover pops out, if you're constantly removing the case it might be an issue for you, but an issue that is your choice. Yes this case is not for everyone, but everyone should research what they are getting into so they don't waist their money, or complain about something that is obviously a known factor.

I bought an aluminum case about a month ago. You remove the back of the GS4 and you put it into this thin case and it makes it looks like an Iphone 5. But on that one, being that it had an aluminum back, did drop my antenna to one bar. I confirmed it. With the case on and with the case off. Tested it very thoroughly and can confirm that I did lose one bar due to the aluminum back. So I returned it and got this one. Like I said, I've had it on and I've had it off. I cannot confirm that it loses one bar consistently so I won't blame the case on the 1 bar that I've lost here and there.

BTW...I was on the golf course yesterday using my phone as a GPS. I dropped it about 5 feet onto the concrete cart path. Zero issues. Now it has a tiny nick on the corner of the case. but phone works fine. This is why I bought the case. Protection against drops. I know a lot of cases that are much lighter have the same claim, but I think this case (Based on the design) has the most 360 degree protection. You don't see other people 'spiking' the phone on the ground like they did with this case.

Now that I removed the grommet on the bottom covering the mic and the ear protection on top, the phone sounds perfect. People can hear me and I can hear them.

The Proximity Sensor is the only issue remaining. When I wave my hand across the sensor, it DOES NOT provide the notification like it did before. I might have to cut some of the plastic off the face and that might solve the problem.
Last edited by blackbeagle; 24th September 2013 at 12:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackbeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2013, 03:02 AM   |  #175  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 211

875 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeagle

I bought an aluminum case about a month ago. You remove the back of the GS4 and you put it into this thin case and it makes it looks like an Iphone 5. But on that one, being that it had an aluminum back, did drop my antenna to one bar. I confirmed it. With the case on and with the case off. Tested it very thoroughly and can confirm that I did lose one bar due to the aluminum back. So I returned it and got this one. Like I said, I've had it on and I've had it off. I cannot confirm that it loses one bar consistently so I won't blame the case on the 1 bar that I've lost here and there.

BTW...I was on the golf course yesterday using my phone as a GPS. I dropped it about 5 feet onto the concrete cart path. Zero issues. Now it has a tiny nick on the corner of the case. but phone works fine. This is why I bought the case. Protection against drops. I know a lot of cases that are much lighter have the same claim, but I think this case (Based on the design) has the most 360 degree protection. You don't see other people 'spiking' the phone on the ground like they did with this case.

Now that I removed the grommet on the bottom covering the mic and the ear protection on top, the phone sounds perfect. People can hear me and I can hear them.

The Proximity Sensor is the only issue remaining. When I wave my hand across the sensor, it DOES NOT provide the notification like it did before. I might have to cut some of the plastic off the face and that might solve the problem.

Thanks! Keep us posted on the Prox Sens.
4th October 2013, 02:15 PM   |  #176  
NFC ?
Hi,

Looks fine, mine is under way, but how does NFC work please ? That would be an issue for me.

Diego
11th October 2013, 03:35 PM   |  #177  
Flag Wroclaw
Thanks Meter: 22

164 posts
More
love mei case is really nice and durable, but without removing membrane voice is to silent and GPS signal is very weak and unstable
30th November 2013, 10:29 PM   |  #178  
London
Thanks Meter: 35

70 posts
I have just ordered 2 of these cases from China, one white and one yellow from two different places.
I have the note 3 with Speigen Glas.t.r. screen protector on.
Anyone who has the Love Mei case think that the phone will fit in with the speigen screen protector still on the phone?

Is there a UK supplier Also?
Last edited by chris.k; 30th November 2013 at 10:38 PM.
5th June 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #179  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
i like it
i like it
3rd September 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #180  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I would avoid these phone covers. I had one for my Sony Xperia z2 and if you do anything to make your processor work just a little bit your phone will overheat. They do not allow any ventilation at all

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread