Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Whats the most important?
MMS support 127 47.57%
Encrypted Secure Messaging 52 19.48%
Theme Editor (not just colors, but everything) 88 32.96%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

[APP][4.0.1+ KitKat][SMS App Rues/Filters/Themes/Sched]SmartMessenger[open beta]

Tip us?

deanwray
Old
(Last edited by deanwray; 21st July 2014 at 05:30 AM.) Reason: new version
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Phone [APP][4.0.1+ KitKat][SMS App Rues/Filters/Themes/Sched]SmartMessenger[open beta]

SmartMessenger

Aim : To be the most visually customisable, adaptive and secure SMS app there is. Oh and the best looking

Open Beta

There is now a play store listing for SmartMessenger without so anyone can try the beta and not have to join google+ Please note I still consider this a beta (but obviously open to anyone) so any suggestions or requests, comment in this thread. The G+ beta group (restricted) is still live and will get early versions.

The kind of input I'm after is from "you" the potential user:
  • Help me prioritise the development and order of features
  • Suggest corrections, amendments or additional features
  • Find and eliminate bugs

few random screenshots:

Features and Status

SMS messaging and emoticons

MSMS (Media\Link SMS)
This is also done and uses google drive to send full size images (as doc link) inside the sms. This to me is better than MMS that costs way too much here in the UK and has very silly limitations. Ability to send any type of file and maybe any size, connection allowing! The other individual if not using smart messenger will get a link, if they do use an app capable of resolving links, it will be presented in a icon form!

SmartMesseges SMS
This is a special type of message that will still be handled over sms, more info soon
More details shortly

Procedural UI generation
This is done and working, it's what the current themes use. Basically it builds android drawable resources at runtime. So no static xml or bitmaps. The advantage of this is not space, or speed for that matter. But it will allow me to implement a theme/visual creator that will allow users to create and mod any aspect of the visual UI
This also breaks from the norm. as I don't agree with lots of googles own guidelines, I want to be able to have 1 handed operation on my phone, thats why this app doesn't currently follow the actionbar pattern, well that an many other reasons
There is an online theme library currently of about 8 or 9, always up for suggestions

TO DO: Advanced in-app theme creator

Message Box Management
Can currently create message boxes and have them as targets/destinations for messages. Locking features are there, I'm just looking at the best ways to allow unlock/unhide while it's not apparent that anything is hidden
TO DO: Enable security and locking features, implement global unlocks

Filters and Rules
This allows creation of simple, but powerful rules to control anything from message box distribution, forwarding, autoreply, notification controls to even daisy chaining units together and having multiple units spider the messages. Also includes REGEX triggers too

Rules can be used to trigger custom reactions, notifications, LED colors, auto replies and forwarders etc

Schedules
As it stands you can schedule texts and have any time periods you want, and add ending conditions like amount or date/time
TO DO: Test and maybe add adaptive elements to it, such as a variable part that is populated based of some rule (like happy Xth brithday) and it fills in X

Notifications
The notifications are controllable per person via rules and filters, and can trigger and override all options with things like custom vibration patterns sounds popups etc

Secret Messagebox and Messages mode (Blind Security)
Want to hide something and not show that it's hidden ? Watch the security vid for an overview!

Must Watch

The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to deanwray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deanwray
Old
(Last edited by deanwray; 27th March 2014 at 11:34 AM.) Reason: Media
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Default Beta

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to deanwray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deanwray
Old
(Last edited by deanwray; 27th March 2014 at 11:33 AM.) Reason: LINKS
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Default Development

PlayStore Download

Bug Tracking/Feature Requests

Google+ Group

Google+ Beta Group

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to deanwray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tholmes8291
Old
Thanks Meter 203
I'll try it out

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

VS980
Xdabbeb 2.0.0
25A
TWRP

killerocker
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Honestly it looks amazing and I'd love to test it out. The one feature that is basically a necessity for me is available in textra in that the app automatically turns on the mobile data temporarily to get an MMS. It was a huge pain for me since I tend to have mobile data turned off because I have a limited data plan. If that was in this I'd easily replace textra with this.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

deanwray
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes8291 View Post
I'll try it out

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
haha... hang on, I'm still sorting the 1st 3 posts with info etc here watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbPIR...ature=youtu.be
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deanwray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cynikalJ
Old
Thanks Meter 109
I will gladly test this looks amazing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Prior Android Lineup
1) Droid Eris - Dead
2) Samsung Fascinate - Dead
3) HTC Thunderbolt - Still good as new (retired)
4) HTC ReZound - Still good as new (retired)
5) Samsung Galaxy S3 - traded in
6) VZW LG G2 - xdabbeb's 2.0.0

Mchasard
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Impatient to try it ...MMS are also included or just SMS?
Thanks

Envoyé depuis mon IQ442 avec Tapatalk

deanwray
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchasard View Post
Impatient to try it ...MMS are also included or just SMS?
Thanks

Envoyé depuis mon IQ442 avec Tapatalk
NO MMS, not even sure I want them to be honest, slow, small and costly... better to use the GDrive link sms that are in SmartMessenger... but I'm more than open to consider it. This is still very early in development, so anything that is worth it, I will add for the masses
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deanwray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CoCoGirl886
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I understand that it can intercept SMS messages and be used as the default texting app, but does it work the same way with Google voice texts?
OnePlus One || HTC One M8 || Nexus 5 || Nexus 4 || Samsung Galaxy S2 || HTC Amaze || HTC Sensation || Samsung Vibrant || Nexus One || Nokia N97

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe