[ROM] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.4] simple, clean, fast...

Search This thread

No probs, just letting you know. It just comes across as pushy to many devs. When Prime has it ready, he'll release it. I'm sure he enjoys deving at least on some level otherwise he wouldn't be doing it as much as we enjoy using and benefiting from his work. We'll get an update to Vanir, just gotta be a little more patient. I'm looking forward to the next update too :)

from my Viped out one x

Reactions: sn2hotty

slyr114

Oct 9, 2011
Cleveland
Sorry if these issues have already been found. Choosing storage in the settings menu causes the settings app to crash, same thing when I press quiet hours under vanir settings. Also pie doesn't work at all, once I tried to turn it on in vanir settings I kept getting system ui has crashed over and over until I managed to turn it off. These are just what I found. This ROM is pretty great besides those small bugs thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry if these issues have already been found. Choosing storage in the settings menu causes the settings app to crash, same thing when I press quiet hours under vanir settings. Also pie doesn't work at all, once I tried to turn it on in vanir settings I kept getting system ui has crashed over and over until I managed to turn it off. These are just what I found. This ROM is pretty great besides those small bugs thanks!

Well, out of all your issues the only one I had happen to me to what storage force close. Think that's a known issue. I think for the others maybe try redownloading rom and do a clean install. Pie and quiet hours works for me :confused:

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010

pie and quiet hours are working properly. you need to do a clean install.

sirbanger

Nov 26, 2010
East Coast
Just installed the new update. Not sure if the thumbnail issue is supposed to be fixed or not, because mine are still wonky. EDIT: Clearing cache fixed!

... speedy :)

Last edited:

bills742

Jan 12, 2011
Anyone having issues with titanium not restoring apps? I thought it might be a superuser/binary issue so I attempted to update within a superuser app and it fails to update (once it gets to the stage of checking whether the new su version works).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
I did do a clean install, this is the first custom rom for this new nexus i have installed, i did a full factory wipe besides the sdcard partition and installed this. Could it be because im using a different kernal? Ill try the new beta later today.

make sure you flashed the right one. the date at the end of the file name can get be confused with an earlier version easily. it definitely has worked in the last three test builds i made the last of which i uploaded and am running still..

noobiest

Sep 22, 2012
Anyone having issues with titanium not restoring apps? I thought it might be a superuser/binary issue so I attempted to update within a superuser app and it fails to update (once it gets to the stage of checking whether the new su version works).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I had the same problem with Pacman. It's either a su issue or 4.3 maybe...... Or me

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

aaronc_98

Jun 7, 2010
Carlsbad
Google Pixel 6 Pro
titanium backup error parsing package

Hey Prime/ All,

When I install this ROM I get an "error parsing package" when trying to restore via titanium backup. I installed busybox after doing some reading but that does not seem to help. Anybody else experience this issue or have a solution? It only seems to be on this ROM.

thanks,

AC

clmowers

Dec 24, 2012
Syracuse, NY
With TB, I have read that if you move it to /storage/emulated/legacy/TitaniumBackup, restore issues and the error parsing package error are gone. I have not tested this myself as i dont use TB anymore, but have read in several places that this should resolve the issue :)

Reactions: bills742

aaronc_98

Jun 7, 2010
Carlsbad
Google Pixel 6 Pro
With TB, I have read that if you move it to /storage/emulated/legacy/TitaniumBackup, restore issues and the error parsing package error are gone. I have not tested this myself as i dont use TB anymore, but have read in several places that this should resolve the issue :)

Well, I must be losing it, as I swear I tried that last time, but this time it worked. Just switched to legacy and Bob is your uncle...

thanks,

AC

Reactions: clmowers

clmowers

Dec 24, 2012
Syracuse, NY
I just have always changed it to sdcard-titaniumbackup and it's worked perfectly every time. Just when it asks if you want to move files say yes, and it will say moved 0 of however many files but then works perfectly :thumbup:

from my Viped out one x

If I remember right sdcard is just a shortcut to the legacy folder so in the long run your doing the same thing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android with subtly improved versions of the features you love to as many devices as possible. we've tried to incorporate and improve our features in a way that makes them more cohesive to improve the overall user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality..

What to expect:
    - This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
    - maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build thoroughly tested global optimizations including standard linaro.
    - originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
    - aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion :p

General features:
    SU, busybox etc
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d etc
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    halo (active display & lockscreen notifications are in review)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    yatta yatta yatta
    more to come when i feel like updating the op

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
    Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server
    if you're interested in becoming a maintainer.. or just need help please email me. i'll reply as soon as i can. Activethrasher00@gmail.com

Please help me continue developing, or simply just toss me some change for a coffee

kernel source
    reserved for scr33nz

or to tell you i probably won't take any :p
    it took me nearly all night but i fixed the thumbnail issue.

ughhhh!!!

time for bed.
    Yes that's exactly what I meant. It's definitely hard to understand and most of it I'm sure the average flasher has honestly no clue what they're talking about. I'm not trying to gripe because I love the rom and flash every new nightly and then go back and flash my custom kernel afterwards. If people knew and were able to read and understand the CL then when only minor changes were done on the latest nightly people can see that they could hold off until a bigger update rolls out

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

TBO there's 3 other people on my team and they merge and make changes also. i'm not running around asking them if they did anything i can put on the easy to read change log every day. I barely even have neough time to develop between both my jobs.. so.. no i'm sorry but i will not be typing out simplified change logs. just look at it as an opportunity to see what's actually being done on the ROM and learn from it because you won't get that opportunity with most ROMs. SOOO many times i see ****ass developers put "enhance the speed" or "optimized _______" when all they did was something so trivial it wouldn't even be noticed in a realtime use-case. that **** pisses me off. you guys will get it straight and if you don't want to learn about what's going on then simply just enjoy the product as it grows and enhances :D
    Beta 3 is up. most issues fixed. this will be a final beta and then i will go to nightly status.