here my first android app mainly born for personal usage and, now, considered "mature" enough for the brave members of this community
iPulse is an application that let you pulse the data connection (and WiFi in the pro version) depending on several configurable events.
Extremely useful to awake services that needs internet connection (e.g. push mail) without necessity to keep it always on, thus reducing greatly the battery usage.
iPulse can ignore the connection status, operate in manual mode for connection always on, connection always off (as a standard connection on/off manager) or in a totally automatic mode, driven by events. The different operating modes can be switched using widgets and/or commands in the notification area (Android >= 4.1).
The configurable events that can activate the data connection (and WiFi in pro version) in automatic mode are:
- Timer (frequency, duration, and daily range)
- Screen on and unlocked (with optional delayed timeout)
- Battery charge (AC or USB)
The configurable events that can deactivate the data connection (and WiFi in pro version) are:
- Expire of scheduled timer
- Screen off (with optional delayed timeout and list of foreground apps)
- Low battery signal (ignored when battery is in charge)
iPulse works on any Android device version starting from 2.3 (Gingerbread) and doesn't requires device ROOT. It is available in English and Italian. The free version is without any ads, the pro/donate version has more widgets and the possibility to handle also the WiFi/Tethering connections.
- There is an online manual that describes all the features (you can find it here as well: http://www.thinksoft.it/android/iPul...ser-manual.htm).
- Since dual SIM support is not standard in Android, it could be that iPulse won't work properly on dual SIM devices.
- The first time you install it don’t forget to run the app and accept the EULA to properly configure and enable it.
- I would like to hear your comments and suggestions, please post them here or send them to "ipulse AT thinksoft.it"
Here some screenshots as published also in the market:
Here the links for the google play market:
Have a nice day!