Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 48,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T-Mobile LG Optimus F3 Forum?

Tip us?

yutzyscott
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Another one

Sent from my LG-P659 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1378167227187.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	2230738  

yutzyscott
Old
Thanks Meter 18
One more

Sent from my LG-P659 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1378167267761.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	2230740  

jjfad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
+1 vote for an F3 forum

inyourface09
Old
Thanks Meter 500

DONATE TO ME
Default More good news and more bad news

Good news first, djrbliss (creator of Motochopper) has added loki support for the f3. Should work on all variants seeing as the aboot should be the same.
Bad news even with a "loki'd" recovery you still get a factory reset when entering recovery (no matter what).

We are at the same place as the LG Motion, we are tracking down the flag that causes this. Once we do everything will be good. Just finding this flag that it sets to the partitions could take some time.

Also please be sure to thank djrbliss for adding support I personally cant thank him enough.
Once we do "find" this said flag we should be able to modify the recovery to overwrite it to stop the resets.

My Works:
MIUI.us for Primoc Discontinued
PACman for Primoc
PACman for Primou Discontinued

My Phone: LG Optimus F3
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inyourface09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

firered365
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourface09 View Post
Good news first, djrbliss (creator of Motochopper) has added loki support for the f3. Should work on all variants seeing as the aboot should be the same.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is Loki and will it affect the phone?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
//Phone: Mako
//ROM: Stock
//Tablet: Otter
//ROM: CM11

inyourface09
Old
Thanks Meter 500

DONATE TO ME
Loki is a security bypass created by djrbliss, when you "edit" a recovery or boot image before flashing it, it changes the header to overwrite the "security" that checks if the image is stock or not. and this allows for an insecure boot. So that even with a locked bootloader we can still flash a recovery that will work.
The only issue is that we need to track down a flag that is written to the partitions once you enter recovery to stop the factory reset that takes place.

In the stock recovery you can enter it without having a factory reset, but with the cwm one that i flashed once you enter recovery it sets the flag. Then once you reboot to system it wipes data and cache automatically. This is the same problem that the LG Motion has.

https://github.com/djrbliss/loki

My Works:
MIUI.us for Primoc Discontinued
PACman for Primoc
PACman for Primou Discontinued

My Phone: LG Optimus F3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inyourface09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

richardpwnsner
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Bad news even with a "loki'd" recovery you still get a factory reset when entering recovery (no matter what).

We are at the same place as the LG Motion, we are tracking down the flag that causes this. Once we do everything will be good. Just finding this flag that it sets to the partitions could take some time.

Also please be sure to thank djrbliss for adding support I personally cant thank him enough.
Once we do "find" this said flag we should be able to modify the recovery to overwrite it to stop the resets.
Yowza! Great work, guys! Can't tell you how glad I am to hear this. Experimenting is a lot more stressful now that I'm outside the return window .

firered365
Old
(Last edited by firered365; 8th September 2013 at 12:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Loki is a security bypass created by djrbliss, when you "edit" a recovery or boot image before flashing it, it changes the header to overwrite the "security" that checks if the image is stock or not. and this allows for an insecure boot. So that even with a locked bootloader we can still flash a recovery that will work.
The only issue is that we need to track down a flag that is written to the partitions once you enter recovery to stop the factory reset that takes place.

In the stock recovery you can enter it without having a factory reset, but with the cwm one that i flashed once you enter recovery it sets the flag. Then once you reboot to system it wipes data and cache automatically. This is the same problem that the LG Motion has.

I read the github file and I see that you have to "extract" (or something like adb pull) the file and put in the .lok file. Even after this, it will still trigger the flag still, right? Did y'all dump at the kernel files?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
//Phone: Mako
//ROM: Stock
//Tablet: Otter
//ROM: CM11

richardpwnsner
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:

A couple questions—(1) will I need to make any tweaks for the T-Mobile F3 (P659BK); and (2) does the factory reset restore the stock recovery, or the replacement recovery sans data? If the latter, then I'm all in this evening; nothing I can't put back myself .

theskeemer
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming View Post
I used Motochopper, worked like a charm. make sure you have the LG Optimus f3 drivers on your computer.(found on LG website)
First off, I pledge $25 to anybody who posts step by step instructions for installing a working custom recovery on this device. Thanks to everybody working on this.

For those in the process of rooting, I wasted a little time looking for the drivers and for a motochopper link verified to work on this device. To help others out here is exactly what I did.
  • Googled "LG Mobile Support Tool" and downloaded it from softpedia. The file is suspiciously labled B2CAppSetup.exe but it turned out to be the correct software needed to install the LG drivers.
  • Googled "motochopper" and used the first link (Galaxy S4) for both the download and instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=40747604.
  • The first run of motochopper installed SU, but failed to achieve root. A second attempt did the trick!
To anybody considering this device, I was pleasantly surprised. The stock rom and launcher are really good and responsive. It has a big battery and a small screen so the battery life is fantastic! The lack of memory is an issue, but I have not found it to be a problem. I have 30 apps installed with room for at least 10 more.
Cheers,

The Following User Says Thank You to theskeemer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]