Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.3+][FREE] IntelliCover 2.0 - Display Automation using Proximity/Light

Tip us?

dragonnis
Old
(Last edited by dragonnis; 10th September 2013 at 01:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Phone [APP][2.3+][FREE] IntelliCover 2.0 - Display Automation using Proximity/Light

Hi there xda. A few months ago I posted my first app, IntelliCover, on xda-developers. It got a great response here and was featured on the front page of xda-developers and went on to feature on Discovery Channel's App Snap. Of course, being the smart person that I am...Well, let's just say I lost it...Yes, lost the app...Don't ask how. Anyways, I saw this as a chance to rebuild the app with all your suggestions in mind, from the ground up. So here it is, IntelliCover 2.0!

※ DESCRIPTION

IntelliCover 2.0 is a utility which uses your device’s proximity sensor, light sensor and/or accelerometer to turn the screen on and off, allowing fast and efficient access to your phone or tablet.

It turns the screen off automatically when you put your device in your pockets, close its flip cover, store the device in a bag, or even just leave the device facing down on a table. As soon as the device is back in your hand the proximity/light sensor is triggered again, the screen turns back on and your device in instantly ready for use. This improves productivity immensely on large devices or devices that do not have physical hardware buttons.

IntelliCover 2.0 is the completely revamped and redesigned version of IntelliCover, rebuilt from scratch after listening to the feedback of thousands of users.

※ COMPATIBILITY

IntelliCover works on all Android devices that have a light or proximity sensor, or an accelerometer. It does NOT require your device to be rooted.

※ FEATURES

• Sensor Calibration: Screen On Delay, Screen Off Delay, Suspension Timers, Application Suspension, Light/Shake Sensitivity Calibration
• Application Settings: Disable in Portrait/Landscape Mode, Go to Home Screen, Remove Lock Screen, Screen Off Only, Screen On Only, Start on Boot, Save Profile (Settings), Restore Profile, Restore Default Settings
• Modes: Proximity Mode, Shake Mode, Light Mode, Proximity and Light Combo Mode
• Notifications: Proximity Warning (Vibration), Status Bar Notification
• Toggles(Screen On/Off): Airplane Mode, Auto Sync, Bluetooth, Ringer Mode, Wi-fi

※ SCREENSHOTS

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-12-17-44-06.jpg
Views:	1765
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	2187054 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-12-17-43-52.jpg
Views:	1534
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	2187055 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-12-17-44-19.jpg
Views:	1520
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	2187056 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-12-17-44-31.jpg
Views:	1318
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	2187057

※ CHANGELOG

Version 1.0.5 (07/09/2013)
•Fixed problems caused by previous update

Version 1.0.4 (07/09/2013)
•Added Russian language
•Added Pocket Protector Mode
•Fixed crashes, wakelock problems and screen timeout issues
•More battery optimization

Version 1.0.3 (24/08/2013)
•Fixed the crashes caused by previous update.

Version 1.0.2 (24/08/2013)
•Fixed both crashing issues
•Fixed "Remove Lock Screen"
•Fixed "Go to Home Screen" for ignored apps (Application Blacklist)
•Fixed toggles for "Start on Boot"
•Added Widget
•Added Screen Timeout patch
•Removed multiple memory leaks (Battery Optimization)
•"Screen Off Only"/"Screen On Only" now completely turns off proximity sensor when display turns off/on
•Reformatted all text to make it translation-ready (Turkish/Italian versions coming soon)

Version 1.0.1 (15/08/2013)
• Fixed Device Admin cancellation bug.
• Removed all Device Admin permissions except for Force Lock.

Version 1.0.0 (14/08/2013)
- Application released.

※ DOWNLOAD

Link to the Play Store: IntelliCover 2.0 v1.0.5
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dragonnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samsung_karl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Awesome app!

Thanks a lot! The app works flawlessly on my Note, really handy indeed.

One question, is this app compatible with tablets, specifically, Nexus 7? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I couldn't get it to work on that device.

dragonnis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung_karl View Post
Thanks a lot! The app works flawlessly on my Note, really handy indeed.

One question, is this app compatible with tablets, specifically, Nexus 7? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I couldn't get it to work on that device.
I'm glad you like the app.

Yes, the app is designed to work on all tablets, and has been tested for compatibility on Nexus 7 specifically. Tablets do not have proximity sensor (usually) so you'll have to use it in "Light Mode" which uses the light sensor instead. Don't worry, it works just as well as the proximity sensor. If you are already using light mode, please let me know and I'll try to help you. Can you tell me which Android version you're using?
The Following User Says Thank You to dragonnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samsung_karl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnis View Post
I'm glad you like the app.

Yes, the app is designed to work on all tablets, and has been tested for compatibility on Nexus 7 specifically. Tablets do not have proximity sensor (usually) so you'll have to use it in "Light Mode" which uses the light sensor instead. Don't worry, it works just as well as the proximity sensor. If you are already using light mode, please let me know and I'll try to help you. Can you tell me which Android version you're using?
Ah, sorry, my bad. It works great in light mode. I assumed tablets had a proximity sensor (I'm kinda new around here ).

One more thing. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but when the Device Administrator page popped up, I clicked cancel by mistake, but it kept showing up again and again until I clicked Activate. It kept reappearing unless I accepted it.

Thanks again!

dragonnis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung_karl View Post
Ah, sorry, my bad. It works great in light mode. I assumed tablets had a proximity sensor (I'm kinda new around here ).

One more thing. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but when the Device Administrator page popped up, I clicked cancel by mistake, but it kept showing up again and again until I clicked Activate. It kept reappearing unless I accepted it.

Thanks again!
Whoops, that's a weird bug. This is what I get for adding last minute untested modifications. I should've known better. =/ Thanks for the tip, I'll fix it by the next update. =)

dragonnis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Released an absolutely vital mini update. If you are on V1.0.0, please update ASAP.

Version 1.0.1 (15/08/2013)
Fixed Device Admin cancellation bug.
Removed all Device Admin permissions except for Force Lock.

Talon88
Old
(Last edited by Talon88; 15th August 2013 at 07:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Hi Dev.

Thanks for making a very good apps for us.
I am using your Original IntelliCover & its work great
on my Nexus 4 with Cover Case, I am loving it.

Should I need to uninstall the IntelliCover 1 & install the IntelliCover 2...?
Google Play doesn't show up update alert for the new v2....???!!!!

Whats the different between IntelliCover 1 & 2, I see the new one have
much larger file size, 1000k vs 4000k, Which version will work
best on my Nexus 4...?

Thanks...!
--
Talon88 ~ Nexus 4 ~ 16GB

< Before >
- iPhone 4 & 4S
- HTC Magic 32A by Rogers ~
RCMagic v6 (Current) + CursorSense 1.2.6.1

raj_k_r
Old
(Last edited by raj_k_r; 15th August 2013 at 07:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 81
Its good but takes lot of RAM compared to intellicover 1 (almost three times). Thank you for making this app anyways but I am still fine with intellicover 1 and that works great. I have to say one thing, for me both work flawless. Please keep intellicover 1 also on google play. Looks like it is removed now.

phonixloo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Small bug that annoy me a lot and improvement request

Bug
1. Remove lock screen will work for sometimes only. It will not work after sometime. It will go back to lock screen mode automatically even the option I already select.

Improvement request
1. When manually press the power button to off the screen, set the program off for temporary so it won't auto screen on again.

Other than that, it is one of the best app I like

dragonnis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon88 View Post
Hi Dev.

Thanks for making a very good apps for us.
I am using your Original IntelliCover & its work great
on my Nexus 4 with Cover Case, I am loving it.

Should I need to uninstall the IntelliCover 1 & install the IntelliCover 2...?
Google Play doesn't show up update alert for the new v2....???!!!!

Whats the different between IntelliCover 1 & 2, I see the new one have
much larger file size, 1000k vs 4000k, Which version will work
best on my Nexus 4...?

Thanks...!
I would recommend installing the new version since I will not be updating the old version anymore and the new one has more features. But the new version is still a little buggy since I had to rebuild the whole app, so if you want to wait a little bit, that makes sense too. I couldn't post an update on the old one because I lost the keys for the app and all its data as well. =( That's one reason I had to rebuild it. That's also why the old one hasn't been updated in months. The new one is a bigger filesize because it has a lot more features and a big UI upgrade. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_k_r View Post
Its good but takes lot of RAM compared to intellicover 1 (almost three times). Thank you for making this app anyways but I am still fine with intellicover 1 and that works great. I have to say one thing, for me both work flawless. Please keep intellicover 1 also on google play. Looks like it is removed now.
Yes, I realize it is taking up quite a bit of RAM for some reason. I wanted to get the app out there but I haven't started optimizing it completely yet. It makes sense for you to use IntelliCover 1 for now, but I plan on rolling out alot of updates soon that will optimize it, so keep an eye out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonixloo View Post
Bug
1. Remove lock screen will work for sometimes only. It will not work after sometime. It will go back to lock screen mode automatically even the option I already select.

Improvement request
1. When manually press the power button to off the screen, set the program off for temporary so it won't auto screen on again.

Other than that, it is one of the best app I like
The lock screen issue is a known bug. I'm working on fixing it as soon as I can, hopefully by next update. Manually pressing the power button should keep the screen off...Hmmm...are you using the proximity sensor or the light sensor?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragonnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
automate, cover, flip, light, sensor