[ROM] [4.2.2] [P311X] MicroDelta Stock Based ROM (UEUCMK3)

14th August 2013, 12:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,215

1,619 posts
Presenting, MicroDelta stock based JB 4.2.2 ROM (P3110UEUCMK3) for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3110 and P3113 (see addons for more information on P3113 infrared support). All customizations for this ROM will be provided below as independent addons.
  • JB 4.2.2
  • Deodexed with smali 1.4.2
  • Zipaligned
  • Busybox 1.21.1 (Resource: http://busybox.net/downloads/binaries/1.21.1/)
  • Superuser 1.0.2.8 by ClockworkMod. This version of superuser is chosen because it is fully working, free, and open source. Resource: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utta.superuser
  • Kernel init.d support added to stock ramdisk.
  • Startup and Shutdown sound files renamed with "bak" extension to prevent execution (these two sound files can be changed back to their original names to enable the default startup and shutdown sounds again).
    1. /system/media/audio/ui/PowerOff.ogg
    2. /system/media/audio/ui/PowerOn.ogg
  • Sysro and sysrw scripts added to /system/xbin for easy command line interface.
  • /preload applications moved to /system/app for file management and deodexing

No default applications have been removed from this ROM. I find it safer to use Ti Backup and freeze the applications that I do not want to use, instead of removing them. Here is a list of the applications that I recommend freezing with Ti Backup in this ROM:
  • ChatON
  • Game Hub
  • Google Play Magazines
  • Google Play Music
  • Kobo
  • Music Hub
  • PressReader
  • Readers Hub
  • S Suggest
  • Samsung Apps
  • Samsung Push Service
  • Software update
  • Video Hub
  • Zinio

Provided below are five different options for altering the user interface (for both p3110 and p3113):

1) JB-black-statusbar-icons: change the Touchwiz status bar to black and the status bar icons to the default Jelly Bean icon set for the wifi, battery, and bluetooth. Also, change the notification panel to a black background with Jelly Bean blue accents.

2) JB-nominiapps-black-statusbar-icons: Same as option #1 plus removes the mini applications "arrow" that exists in the middle of the navigation bar.

3) JB-nominiapps: Keep the default Touchwiz icon set. Only remove the mini applications "arrow".

Note: The theme files below that have "transparent" in the name include a 75% transparency in the notification panel in addition to the other modifications.

First time Install Instructions:

1) Boot to recovery
2) Install P3110UEUCMK3 ROM
3) Install P3113UEUCMK3 Addon (for P3113 users only)
4) Install modified sec_csc to enable hidden camera sound shutter menu (optional)
5) Optionally choose and install a themed user interface (ie; nominiapps, black-statusbar-icons, etc), the Ripple & Light Lockscreen effects addon, the custom blue delta light effect addon, and the 4way-Reboot addon (select the files below with the same ROM version you are installing)
6) Factory reset
7) Reboot Recovery for first time into upgraded OS.

Upgrade Instructions from previously installed stock based ROM:

1) Boot to recovery
2) Install P3110UEUCMK3 ROM
3) Install P3113UEUCMK3 Addon (for P3113 users only)
4) Install modified sec_csc to enable hidden camera sound shutter menu (optional)
5) Optionally choose and install a themed user interface (ie; nominiapps, black-statusbar-icons, etc), the Ripple & Light Lockscreen effects addon, the custom blue delta light effect addon, and the 4way-Reboot addon (select the files below with the same ROM version you are installing)
6) Reboot Recovery for first time into upgraded OS.

Note to P3100 users: This ROM can also be used with P3100 devices thanks to ketut.kumajaya. Provided for us is an additional phone enabler package that can be used in combination with the BlackHawk NEXT kernel. When installing this ROM on a P3100, it is important to install the Blackhawk kernel before booting up into Android for the first time. The Blackhawk NEXT kernel is required for P3100 devices. P3100 Phone Enabler Thread and Blackhawk NEXT Kernel Thread

Edit: All files can be found here on Android File Host.
Last edited by Tsjoklat; 20th March 2014 at 02:02 AM.
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2013, 12:55 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

1,619 posts
Reserved
Last edited by Tsjoklat; 20th March 2014 at 02:02 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2013, 12:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,619 posts
Attached below are update zips to enable the "Ripple & Light Lockscreen Effects" and the custom "Blue Delta Light Effects".

Attached below are also the MicroDelta theme build scripts for anyone that wants to reproduce the changes I have made to the SystemUI.apk. The build scripts were written for a Ubuntu linux build environment. Note: the build script files are not intended for flashing on your device.

Changelog for SystemUI build scripts:
20130927.2: Fixed coloring in battery icon set.
20130930.1: Added original Samsung signing key in build script to be pushed into apk after creation to force correct signature checksum.
Last edited by Tsjoklat; 25th February 2014 at 07:16 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2013, 02:29 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 185

1,090 posts
Awesome thanks for this gonna try later at home. Running ur 4.1.2, hopefully this has similar battery life and smoothness.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mymeatb18 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2013, 03:11 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 9

83 posts
More
Interface color?
Hi Tsjoklat, does the ROM uses the TouchwiZ white color background or the black background?
14th August 2013, 03:15 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

1,619 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clorush

Hi Tsjoklat, does the ROM uses the TouchwiZ white color background or the black background?

This is the stock white, but I'm working on an addon to theme it black and Holo blue accents.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2013, 03:28 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 185

1,090 posts
No mini apps as well?

14th August 2013, 03:52 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

1,619 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymeatb18

No mini apps as well?

I will provide options with and without mini apps.
Last edited by Tsjoklat; 14th August 2013 at 04:39 PM.
14th August 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 187

545 posts
More
Hi Tsjoklat the in about device the area from model number to build number is fade out for me so I can't activate developer option .

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
14th August 2013, 05:32 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

1,619 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richcar

Hi Tsjoklat the in about device the area from model number to build number is fade out for me so I can't activate developer option .

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

just keep tapping on the build number and it should work. My device shows it grayed out also.
Last edited by Tsjoklat; 14th August 2013 at 05:36 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread