No registration required

[Nook HD/HD+] Ubuntu Touch 13.10 "Saucy" [WIP]

OP ShapeShifter499

15th August 2013, 02:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 36

97 posts
Welcome to Ubuntu Touch for Nook HD
Ubuntu Touch is a project from Canonical that aims to create a mobile, touch friendly, unique operating system.

DISCLAIMER
I DO NOT claim to know what I'm doing, half the time I do not, lol.
Installing/flashing anything discussed in this thread is at your own risk. Things break, code is never 100% perfect, I'm not responsible if your device is bricked.

INSTALLATION

Thanks to user ShotSkydiver we have a Hummingbird build! I will post install details later once I get this up on my device.
Last edited by ShapeShifter499; 28th October 2013 at 02:10 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ShapeShifter499 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2013, 02:02 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

97 posts
Changelog
10/28

Hummingbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotSkydiver

The touch axis is no longer flipped, but the touch zones are still messed up, so tapping is off by about half an inch.

If you run into the same problem I did with not being able to get past the intro screen, reboot into CWM, adb pull /data/ubuntu/usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/com.canonical.unity.AccountsService.xml, find the line that says

Code:
<property name="demo-edges" type="b" access="readwrite">
      <annotation name="org.freedesktop.Accounts.DefaultValue" value="true"/>
    </property>
and change the value to "false", push the file back to the same location, and reboot.

I'm still working on getting touch fixed properly, also accelerometer as that doesn't work either.

Ovation
Last edited by ShapeShifter499; 28th October 2013 at 01:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShapeShifter499 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2013, 02:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

97 posts
Also reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to ShapeShifter499 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2013, 03:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 58

324 posts
More
good luck sir. I am also eager to try this out
The Following User Says Thank You to lowlife546 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2013, 04:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

97 posts
Currently stuck on a error, anyone who knows please help out.
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `/home/lance/Nook-HD-Ubuntu-Touch/out/target/product/hummingbird/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `/home/lance/Nook-HD-Ubuntu-Touch/out/target/product/hummingbird/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
15th August 2013, 05:24 PM   |  #6  
Columbus
Thanks Meter: 66

349 posts
More
Wow! Cool. I almost got excited, then realized that it said "HD" not "HD+". Oh well. Sorry, I don't actually have anything valuable to add. Just that it's exciting to see some more ROMS popping up for this (these) device(s). Good luck, I hope you get it running, and that it inspires somebody to do the same for HD+.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bpaulien For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2013, 06:04 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cocoa Beach
Thanks Meter: 3,396

3,127 posts
Donate to Me
More
you need wpa_supplicant_8_ti
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to killersloth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2013, 04:06 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

40 posts
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpaulien

Wow! Cool. I almost got excited, then realized that it said "HD" not "HD+". Oh well. Sorry, I don't actually have anything valuable to add. Just that it's exciting to see some more ROMS popping up for this (these) device(s). Good luck, I hope you get it running, and that it inspires somebody to do the same for HD+.

I too have nothing valuable to contribute but would like to see continued progress on this and hopefully also a build for the HD+.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waflsk8s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2013, 10:07 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

97 posts
My system began crashing today, I'm not sure why. Something to do with xorg but it locks up before I can fully figure out the issue. I'll try cleaning the dust from the fan inside my laptop to see if it could be a overheating issue.
16th August 2013, 10:52 AM   |  #10  
OP Member

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waflsk8s

I too have nothing valuable to contribute but would like to see continued progress on this and hopefully also a build for the HD+.

Should be straightforward once I get a build up for the HD. Maybe a while because my current laptop decided to act up on me at the worse possible time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
13.04, nook hd, rom, saucy, ubuntu touch
Previous Thread Next Thread