* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts, YOU are
* choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
* for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh.
- Dual booting is the process through which you can switch between any two or more roms without the need of wiping data or making backups before flashing ,all you need to do is switch between the roms ,meanwhile all the apps you've insatlled remain intact in their specific rom.
for ex- If you are using cm10 beta 6 and you have installed a lot of apps, and you want to test other rom ,but you don't want the fuss of backing up then flashing.. This dual booting method is for you !!
Primary Rom = The rom which is modded and remains on the Sd-ext partitons
Secondary Rom = any rom you wish (any android version for ex- cm9 , cm10.1 and even stock !) [ make sure that the secondary rom doesn't use sd-ext partitions]
You can't use sense roms or any other rom that supports pll2 OC because they both use sd-ext partitions and as it will cause conflict while booting the rom.
For now we have only edited CM 10 beta 6 , so you can flash any rom along with cm 10 beta 6 , without the need of making backups , and re installing the whole rom.
- Download the modded Primary ROM from the downloads section here or any other modded rom's updater-script.
- Create 3 SD-EXT Partitions using minitool partition wizard 1) around 400 MB - SD-SYSTEM (ext4) 2) around 1 GB (or can be less) - SD-DATA(ext4 format), 3)around 75MB (can be less) SD-CACHE(ext4 format) (refer to the screenshot)
- Flash the modded primary rom you downloaded earlier.
- now put the cm.img provided in the downloads section in the root of your SD-CARD (root of sdcard=not in any folder)
- now flash any rom you want to use as secondary rom DO NOT WIPE DATA BEFORE FLASHING ( but make sure it doesn't use any SD-ext partition i.e. memory increasing script, or uses the pll2 OC method) .
- take the boot img of your secondary rom , an put it in the root of your SD card.
- now after the second rom has been booted install the terminal emulator app given in the downloads Section.
- that's it you've successfully set up your Pico for Dual Booting
- If you want to change your secondary rom DO NOT WIPE DATA instead goto recovery -
if in CWM or philz -go to mounts and storage and format system , data and cache
If in TWRP goto wipe and format SYSTEM,DATA and CACHE only
Download PICO DUAL BOOT APP by galaxy freak from here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=37
BEFORE CONTINUING MAKE SURE BOOT.IMG OF PRIMARY ROM IS NAMED "cm.img" and THAT OF SECONDARY ROM NAMED "boot.img" AND BOTH ARE PLACED IN THE ROOT OF THE SDCARD
- IF you are on primary rom open the pico dual boot app by galaxy freak.... click reboot automatically... then press boot secondary rom... a popup will appear click OK and after secs your pico will boot into secondary ROM..
- if you are in secondary ROM ... open pico dual boot app.. click reboot automatically .. now press boot primary ROM.. A popup will appear click OK after few sec primary rom will boot now...
All thanks for this app to galaxy freak for the app.. the app will look like this :
we will be adding support for more roms as primary rom. And meanwhile i am in for trying make kexec work on pico.If you liked this dual boot method Please support us by hitting thanks,rating the thread 5 stars, posting reviews and/or if possible by Donating us
As for now there is only two drawback of using this method for dual booting i.e. manually typing the flash_image part and that the secondary rom should not use SD-EXT partition i.e. you can't use pll2 OC or memory increasing script on the ROM.
And this method is only recommended for people having SD cards of class 6 and above and over 8GB of storage( i've tested and used it on class 10 UHS 1 SD card)
Guide For Installing Sense 4.1 and sense 4.0 For dual booting : Roms available here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419609
Guide For Partitions :
Please Proceed If you have minimum Class 6 and 8gb Memory cardOk Suppose U have Required Sdcard , Now make three Partitions as stated below :
SD-EXT ----- > You should have make it of 2 Gb because it contains half Sense 4.1 and Sense 4 lite
SD-DATA ----- > You should have make it of 1Gb Or As u wish
SD-CACHE ----- > You should have make it of 75 mb
All Partitions Should Be Primary and Of ext4, Refer to the Screenshot :
How To Install :
Switching Roms :
Suppose You have made Partitions nOw Installation :
Installion is noobie easy if u have mind
First Install Yonnous Recovery (Not Tested with other recoveries )
Now Put Roms in Sd-Card
Now go into recovery mod
Wipe data and Factory reset
Now Format /boot and /
First Flash Sense 4.1 because it is primary rom
After Installation Reboot
Complete Customization Setup of Sense 4.1 after booting
Now again go into Recovery
Now Flash Sense 4 lite without Wiping/formating any thing
This method is via Fastboot :
Download This Package :http://d-h.st/I45 it contains custom Kernels and Fastboot files extract it in C:
For Switching Rom From Primary To Secondary i.e From Sense 4.1 to Sense 4 lite
Code:Fastboot Flash boot boot.img
For switching Rom From Secondary to Primary i.e From Sense 4 Lite to Sense 4.1
Code:Fastboot Flash boot cm.img
Guys we've put a lot of effort in it so if you don't like it please don't go on commenting "This is useless" , "i don't like it" ,etc. If you don't like it ,kindly leave.