[R&D] CyanogenMod 10.1 bringup for P6 [PROJECT][TEAM RADIUM]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nolinuxnoparty

Jun 20, 2013
XDA
So, I've been working on a basic CM device configuration/tree for this device! Its still WIP

This thread is for Research and Development

I'll be pushing my tree's to github in a few days (When the most basic things are complete)

I need:
  • Stock ROM .zip without the app & framework folder.
  • Stock boot.img
  • Stock Recovery.img
  • And your help and support :)

Device Tree: https://github.com/nolinuxnoparty/android_device_huawei_p6-uo6

Feel free to contribute. Just fork the repo, make changes and send pull request :highfive:

Greeting,
nolinuxnoparty

Last edited:

nolinuxnoparty

Jun 20, 2013
XDA

boot.img from B111:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qrbai7xt149q0y/boot.img
recovery.img from B111:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/taiblaiaasmir3r/recovery.img

Tomorrow a I'll put you stock B111 rom zip without app and framework. If you need anything more only tell me ;)

Thanks xchema. I have download all the files! Real development begins now :laugh::good:

Reactions: xchema

nolinuxnoparty

Jun 20, 2013
XDA
Glad to read that!
The bootloader seems to be locked btw, so any idea to circumvent that?
Shiz. Didn't know that it has locked bootloader.

Umm.

Ok I need some more info
  • The model no. of processor and chipset
  • More on partition scheme

EDIT:

Can someone tell me the correct model no. of P6? Like U8860/U880 etc.?

Thanks and Greetz

Last edited:

TheProd

Jan 15, 2012
Kaiserslautern
Here some infos about the bootloader:

Checked kernel source and got this:
Code:
2¡¢If your phone already enable secboot feature, please decrypt or unlock the secboot feature first.

So, it seems that our bootloader is unlocked but encrypted with a 1024 bits md5RSA cryptokey. Or Huawei give info about this, or we can forget about flashing custom kernels

Stickman89

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes
Just means we can't flash images via bootloader nor the stock recovery since it performs a signature check... Guess we can thank Huawei for the 1024 mixed md5 checksum. This being the case doesn't mean that development ends here as we do have a CWM recovery coming our way so hold tight.

Reactions: xchema

xchema

Aug 26, 2008
Processor and board: k3v2 (k3v2oem1) afaik

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI P6-U06 usando Tapatalk 4

S34Qu4K3

Jun 27, 2012
More data:

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376962765324.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376962765324.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 919
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376962824881.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376962824881.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 764
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376962876533.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376962876533.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 717
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376962887907.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376962887907.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 695

nolinuxnoparty

Jun 20, 2013
XDA
Just means we can't flash images via bootloader nor the stock recovery since it performs a signature check... Guess we can thank Huawei for the 1024 mixed md5 checksum. This being the case doesn't mean that development ends here as we do have a CWM recovery coming our way so hold tight.

Processor and board: k3v2 (k3v2oem1) afaik

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI P6-U06 usando Tapatalk 4

Model name: P6-U06

More data:

Thanks for all the information you gave when I asked

I guess s89 and my team (I am am the only one from the team on this project atm) can work on this further.

Some parts of BoardConfig have been done. I was not able to push kernel source to github, so, I request someone to push it to their github if possible :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: Makrilli

S34Qu4K3

Jun 27, 2012
We don't have it bro D:
Our phone seems like an U.F.O D:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377127246964.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377127246964.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 627
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I've been working on a basic CM device configuration/tree for this device! Its still WIP

This thread is for Research and Development

I'll be pushing my tree's to github in a few days (When the most basic things are complete)

I need:
    • Stock ROM .zip without the app & framework folder.
    • Stock boot.img
    • Stock Recovery.img
    • And your help and support :)

Device Tree: https://github.com/nolinuxnoparty/android_device_huawei_p6-uo6

Feel free to contribute. Just fork the repo, make changes and send pull request :highfive:

Greeting,
    nolinuxnoparty
    ofcourse, yes, uploading kernel within tonight (Indian Standard Time) by 9PM
    Gonna give a test boot.img tomorrow :)

Sent from my U8860 using Tapatalk
    Syncing CM-10.1 repos again. You can expect a test build and recovery soon :) :good:
    The True about Ascend P6 - !OAMP4-Based! xloader->u-boot->Kernel->Goldfish | No Native Android​

xLoader boots u-boot -> u-boot place boot.img in Ramdisk and start a Linux Kernel (not even a file check :D) -> That Kernel starts QEMU to create full virtual SoC CPU that is called "Goldfish" on every emulated Android. In fact they start ARM-Linux to emulate ARM-Linux-Android this is outdated from 2009 but used at Androids SDK Emulator :D in fact this phone ISNT even an android. They also need heavy Kernel patches to let it even boot. example = Heavy binary who stop GPU flickering even if we got also drivers running for this Kernel :).
    This Emulaton is why every mount is only virutal. Ascend p6 didn't got any partitions (even no /dev). NAND got some "img" files on it in a different yaffs2 format as normal, thats also the reason why u cant full extract that that yaffs2/img/binary mix <- .img also emulated by goldfish :D. full extract only works when Goldfish runs. And u will get some more junk cause u extract from a running system but no problem.
    It is possible to push the virtual partitions to the memory adresses in NAND, we dont need to know them, emulator does. (permanent Kernel Flash, config Bootloader, flash other Loader, should work)

u-boot is also that who handle "update.bin" just renamed to .app by Huawei . On emulated once this is the only way to automatic update process with "kernel flash.... xLoader flash, u-boot flash, systemfs flash" Huawei recovery isnt even a "android-recovery". And this is the only Point i belive where Huawei (u-boot) did his MD5 check, every update.bin flash new xloader and u-boot at P6 and others, so its good that they got the check. (Its called eMMC boot/upgrade)

Kernel dev is mutch more difficult as at Samsung or others.. :) Good Luck maybe someone can made a native Android-Linux-Kernel but i dont belive that. P6 Drivers will work on native with some modifications on it

(Dont miss /cust folder, u need them for emulated Androids else no boot)
    (Dont use fastboot/adb for system related things, emulated by goldfish. But its okay to start/install apps with it)
    Huawei source helped me to research this a bit.

Ref:

http://elinux.org/Android_on_OMAP#Goldfish They also tell how extract and push complete ".img's" permanent on Nand
    Thats why Android Framework crash if u compile -> http://benno.id.au/blog/2007/11/18/android-framework-startup

Theads are a bit older but its still the same for this Goldfish emulators