Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 mini LTE only H+ not 4G

Tip us?

newarkoz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Default S4 mini LTE only H+ not 4G

In my s4 mini i cannot get 4G signal, only H+. And i am in 4G zone. Anyone have this issue? Thanks

Whosat
Old
Thanks Meter 220

DONATE TO ME
Nope, I am in Singapore and do not have this issue. Are you on stock ROM?

S4 Mini's LTE radio supports:
LTE Band 3 (1,800MHz), Band 7 (2,600MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 20 (800MHz)
[Source]

Vodafone Portugal supports Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (180 MHz) and Band 7 (2600MHz)
[Source]

So it should work.
Galaxy Note 3 N9005 //
Galaxy S4 Mini (LTE/GT-I9195): Rooting FAQ | CM11 | CM10.2 | Link2SD
Latest GApps

newarkoz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
Nope, I am in Singapore and do not have this issue. Are you on stock ROM?

S4 Mini's LTE radio supports:
LTE Band 3 (1,800MHz), Band 7 (2,600MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 20 (800MHz)
[Source]

Vodafone Portugal supports Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (180 MHz) and Band 7 (2600MHz)
[Source]

So it should work.
It is strange i will try in some other region / places to see if it has 4G. Maybe it is a problem with the equipment...

Whosat
Old
Thanks Meter 220

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by newarkoz View Post
It is strange i will try in some other region / places to see if it has 4G. Maybe it is a problem with the equipment...
Best of luck!

I suggest you check with your carrier on the 4G status and your phone if it still doesn't work!
Galaxy Note 3 N9005 //
Latest GApps

newarkoz
Old
(Last edited by newarkoz; 18th August 2013 at 09:30 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
There is coverage in my zone from my carrier. I will contact Vodafone to see if they help me to find the problem. Thanks for the help

EDIT: there was a problem with my service in the network. It is fixed now, have 4G.

Whosat
Old
Thanks Meter 220

DONATE TO ME
Congrats!
Galaxy Note 3 N9005 //
Latest GApps

hclack
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by newarkoz View Post
There is coverage in my zone from my carrier. I will contact Vodafone to see if they help me to find the problem. Thanks for the help

EDIT: there was a problem with my service in the network. It is fixed now, have 4G.
I have a somewhat similar problem of owning an s4 mini but only getting HSPA+ (icon "H+" in the status bar) and not 4G LTE (icon "4G"). In fact, since I purchased the unit in late July, I have *never* to my knowledge had 4G service, only HSPA+. The key difference from the OP is that I am in the U.S., have T-Mobile as my carrier, and my s4 mini is an unlocked unit. Has anyone else bought an unlocked s4 mini for the U.S. market and not been able to achieve 4G LTE?

T-Mobile offers 4G LTE in my area (Detroit area), and I have also used the phone in Hawaii, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Portland, OR. In none of these places have I attained 4G LTE service.

At first, T-Mobile said that the phone probably operates on incompatible bands with their network. But I confirmed that the 4G LTE bands used by T-mobile are supported by the s4 mini. So back to why no 4G LTE??? Any advice would be great appreciated. Love everything about the phone, except for the disappointment of having expected to have 4G LTE on my newly purchased phone.

neofral
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by hclack View Post
I have a somewhat similar problem of owning an s4 mini but only getting HSPA+ (icon "H+" in the status bar) and not 4G LTE (icon "4G"). In fact, since I purchased the unit in late July, I have *never* to my knowledge had 4G service, only HSPA+. The key difference from the OP is that I am in the U.S., have T-Mobile as my carrier, and my s4 mini is an unlocked unit. Has anyone else bought an unlocked s4 mini for the U.S. market and not been able to achieve 4G LTE?

T-Mobile offers 4G LTE in my area (Detroit area), and I have also used the phone in Hawaii, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Portland, OR. In none of these places have I attained 4G LTE service.

At first, T-Mobile said that the phone probably operates on incompatible bands with their network. But I confirmed that the 4G LTE bands used by T-mobile are supported by the s4 mini. So back to why no 4G LTE??? Any advice would be great appreciated. Love everything about the phone, except for the disappointment of having expected to have 4G LTE on my newly purchased phone.
you can try widgetsoid and add a widget switch 4g. it gives a menu where you can choose LTE also. i have tried it but didn't see a diference since we still don't have 4g in my country. pls try and let us know

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app

przem00
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Need root
Steps :

1. Run Root Explorer
2. Go to data/property
3. Find persist.radio.lteon and edit
4. Change false to true , save
5.Reboot
Be happy with ful LTE support
Thats all u need to have LTE.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to przem00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neofral
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by przem00 View Post
Need root
Steps :

1. Run Root Explorer
2. Go to data/property
3. Find persist.radio.lteon and edit
4. Change false to true , save
5.Reboot
Be happy with ful LTE support
Thats all u need to have LTE.
it worked, thanks man :thumbup:

is it possible to have LTE only on the menu?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app