I'm presenting you KernelControl. A beautiful app to tweak your kernel.
This is a beta at the moment, because I only have a limited device pool and testing the app on friend's phones resulted in some workarounds. The app will be released on Play Store after the beta is over for a few bucks, but I will post new free, full featured and ad free versions here from time to time.
Google+ Community for better communication: click
- Phone, 7 inch and 10 inch layout
- Card UI
- A safe boot receiver. It should detect if the shutdown was wanted or a dropout
- CPU frequency changing
- CPU Governor Changing and tweaking the governor kernel parameter
- Voltage changing
- Low Memory Killer tweaking
- VM Settings tweaking
- Switch the I/O scheduler
- tweak the kernel parameter of the I/O scheduler
- Change the readahead buffer size
- Change the TCP congestion control
- Toggle fast charging (if supported)
- Lots of informations about your device. Like CPU load, average system load, information about your SOC, time in state and RAM usage information [available for users without root access]
- Create your own plugins! More info here
- More to come
If you want to add a plugin I have created a simple API available at Github. Feel free to message me here on xda, the g+ community or via the in app contact options. I will respond as soon as I can
So if you want to help, test it and if it crashes provide a logcat output of the error and some small description what you have done. Please post issues with the app like unexpected behaviour and last but not least if you find some spelling, grammar etc. mistakes, please post this too (english isn't my native language).
If you have any idea to further improve this app, please post it here too.
- Update-1: Fix for devices with a smaller screen than 360dp
- Update-2: Fix hdpi layout getting cropped
- Update-3: More bug fixes
- Update-4: Fixed threading issues, fixed some more force closes, fixed the spinner issue (setting a item without a change by the user), DashClock extension
- Update-5: Build with proguard (smaller size), bug fixes, automatically crash reporting (you can opt out if you need the tinfoil head), new package name (you can deinstall the old app. The old naming will be used for the Play Store variant)
- Update-6: Only crash fixes. Lots of them.
- Update-7: Huge changelog
- Update-8: Plugin interface. For the rest have a look here
- Update-9: Plugin interface: Feature request: hide VM, Governor, I/O Settings via a plugin. Layout fixes for tablets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: for the boot restore
- ACCESS_SUPERUSER: Manipulating kernel interfaces
- INTERNET: Crash reporting and Analytics (to help me improve the app)
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Same Crash reporting and Analytics
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Never used unless you attach contact information to your crash report
- USE_CREDENTIALS: Never used unless you attach contact information to your crash report
- READ_PROFILE: Never used unless you attach contact information to your crash report
- READ_CONTACTS: Never used unless you attach contact information to your crash report
Libraries used in this project:
- Dashclock API