[ROM][11/16/14 ][VanirAOSP-linaro 4.8| 4.4.4+ART optimizations] & Commotio[OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Linux guy

Oct 23, 2012
Tucson
FYI, Vanir Lollipop is also available for Jewel.

I think there should be a new thread here, but I don't feel right creating one. I don't deserve any credit since I didn't compile the ROM and am not involved in Vanir in any way.

http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/jewel/

I didn't notice any lag yet, but the kernel is patched through 3.4.104 (as opposed to CM's 3.4.82) so it may have the same bug that seems to be in all of the other patched kernels, which makes the ROM abusively slow after a few days. (Not sure if it still does, but Dirty Unicorns kernel has this problem, as far as I know).

If you encounter this issue, you can extract the boot.img from any of the other jewel ROMs that are out there, and flash it via fastboot or using a program like Rashr. Alternatively you could flash one of my standalone kernel zips.

If you run the standard Vanir kernel and don't have any issues with lag after a few days, please let me know!!! There's a lot of good stuff in those patches, and it's a shame that we can't currently take advantage of it.
Thanks. sadly, and I can only speak for myself, xda has been a place I solemnly come to. I almost exclusively come to help people. but for info and news it's elsewhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][11/16/14 ][VanirAOSP-linaro 4.8| 4.4.4+ART optimizations] & Commotio[OFFICIAL]

TeamVanir presents
    VANIR
    Yeah, it's got a HEMI.

Post 1: VanirAOSP
    Post 2: Commotio by DHO
    Post 3: screenies

Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android to as many devices as possible. This is not a kang rom. You will find versions of the features you love that we've rewritten and improved on plus a few we wrote ourselves. we've tried to acheive a more organized and cohesive setup to improve the user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O2 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

If you're the kind of person that needs options to change the font and color on every letter and expect the ROM to end up looking like kid's cereal box then GTFO. You will not find customizations that are done just because someone figured out how to do them. Everything in here has a purpose and is held to a high standard of coding.

General features:
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    minor UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    active notifications (improved active display + lockscreen notifications)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive desktop <- fully configurable immersive mode
    low profile mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    many improvements and new features unique to vanir
    more to come when i feel like updating the op
    ROM WEEKLIES
    NIGHTLIES BY DHO

Gapps - Vanir recommends the latest goo.im gapps or DHOs gapps

issues:
    -aosp mostly/cm issues
    - Flash CAF-Based Kernels with this ROM
    -you tell me

Changelog:
    **Vanir Open Status

+VanirAOSP Source
    +Kernel Source CM for now

THANKS TO:
    primedirective= helping me out and for creating the rom
    Team Vanir
    Team AOKP
    Team Cyanogenmod
    mrRobinson
    Exit_Only
    idcrisis
    Nuclearmistake
    davidmore
    faux123
    kushdeck - for the recovery
    And more!
    [ROM] [CommotioAOSP-B61 JWR66V] [11/2] [OFFICIAL] Based on vanir Linaro OPTS

CREATED BY DHO

commotio.png

Features:
    -Halo 2.0
    -Android 4.3 (JWR66V)
    -PIE
    -AppBar
    -Custom toolchains, -O3, OptiPNG, bionic, krait, and dalvik performance commits, -fstrict-aliasing, custom CFLAGS, and MORE!
    -A Vanir performance on/off toggle
    -UI mode switcher
    -Tablet statusbar split
    -etc

Changelogs: click here

Install:
    Easy as 1, 2, 3
    Everything is taken care of for you. No need to wipe cache.
    1) CommotioAOSP-jewel
    2) Flash it
    3) Profit
    NO NEED TO FLASH GAPPS !

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    op updated guys
    alright guys kitkat is back on vanir

Edit guys in the devolpment on settings there's a setting in there that hides all custimzeations so u could have a stock feel of the rom i didnt know that until now
    Yeah this ROM doesn't have hw keys but pie works really really good on this ROM and yes it does have focal and to top that off its smooth like really really smooth

Installed version 3 last night and it is fast and smooth. Very nice Rom.

Regarding hw keys: I added the following to build.prop and hw keys work now:

qemu.hw.mainkeys=1

Long press of Home is Recent Apps and Recent Apps is Menu.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

EDIT: Now that I'm on a computer, I'd like to give proper credit for this. Here's the post that I found by Googling:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25886611&postcount=1