[TUTORIAL] How to change Model ID and CIDNUM of HTC One without parsing errors
Anyone getting parsing error while trying to change the Model ID of their device using enghboot should follow these instructions:
Make sure you have the latest version of adb.exe and fastboot.exe files on your PC and that your device is S-OFF and rooted.
1. Navigate to the folder where adb is stored using command line.
2. Backup the original bootloader using the following commands.
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p12.bin
adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p12.bin mmcblk0p12.bin
Make sure you have a new file mmcblk0p12.bin in your fastboot and adb folder.
3. Download hboot.img from the link below and place it in the same folder as adb and fastboot.
4. Place file on your device's sdcard using this command:
adb push hboot.img /sdcard/hboot.img
5. To write enghboot onto the device, use the following commands
dd if=/sdcard/hboot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12
adb reboot bootloader
6. Once in fastboot, use the commands below to change to the desired MID and cidnum.
Thanks to the developers of eng hboot for creating such a wonderful utility!
fastboot oem writemid PN07xxxxx
fastboot oem writecid xxx__xxx