XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OGP Keeps automatically enabling location settings

Tip us?

xartic12
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gellin View Post
I figured out how to disable services, and so far so good. I suggest everyone root and remove this **** asap, it rapes the battery.
I probably turn my GPS off at least 40 times a day now since it started happening to keep that battery juiced up.

Quote:
Have a look here, this really helped me out. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1399429 - also add this to it "com.carrieriq.iqagent.client.IQClient"

You will need to be rooted to run those commands, also you can perform a fast check from a root console via "getprop service.iq.active"

Have you had any problems since you disabled it?

gellin
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xartic12 View Post
I probably turn my GPS off at least 40 times a day now since it started happening to keep that battery juiced up.

Have you had any problems since you disabled it?
No issue's other than CIQ turning back on once. I made a SH script based on the one in the post I linked, and every time I boot my phone I just run it to make sure it's still off. I have not had any annoying GPS messages since.

However there are still other applications using the CIQ library s that I would like to learn more about.

Follow this tutorial to root - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2362657 then i suggest installing SuperSU, and root file browser, and a terminal emulator, and TrevE's logging checker app "Which can automatically remove part of CIQ if you get the paid $1 version".

xartic12
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
No issue's other than CIQ turning back on once. I made a SH script based on the one in the post I linked, and every time I boot my phone I just run it to make sure it's still off. I have not had any annoying GPS messages since.

However there are still other applications using the CIQ library s that I would like to learn more about.

Follow this tutorial to root - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2362657 then i suggest installing SuperSU, and root file browser, and a terminal emulator, and TrevE's logging checker app "Which can automatically remove part of CIQ if you get the paid $1 version".
I've already been rooted since the day I had the phone .

I successfully did this and the GPS hasn't turned on; it was doing so every time I called or a phone call was received.

gellin
Old
(Last edited by gellin; 28th August 2013 at 12:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Save THIS as disable_services.sh

chmod, and chown it, then launch it from a elevated terminal session ie "./disable_services.sh"

11fabe
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I just make a resst to factory setting on my phone (of course I save my files on my ext sd) and the annoying GPS icon is no appearing again

Enviado desde mi LG-E980 usando Tapatalk 2

myandroid1986
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think I have figured it out what have been turning On the GPS, if you guy's are using Google chrome or default web browser, and enabled the location setting your GPS will be online for as long as it is, I just turned it off and it worked for me as for now, my GPS is Off since 3 hours and haven't turned On, I've made calls and used maps but it only worked till the maps were using it other than that it's in peace since than, tell me if it worked for you ?

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

limitbreak09
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by myandroid1986 View Post
I think I have figured it out what have been turning On the GPS, if you guy's are using Google chrome or default web browser, and enabled the location setting your GPS will be online for as long as it is, I just turned it off and it worked for me as for now, my GPS is Off since 3 hours and haven't turned On, I've made calls and used maps but it only worked till the maps were using it other than that it's in peace since than, tell me if it worked for you ?

I tried that already...but still goin on forn me...i might do a factory reset soon..

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xartic12
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:

There wouldn't all of a sudden be this many users coming out saying the exact same thing. I had to disable carrier iq.. Battery life has never been so great!

vaterp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same thing for me. I thought that fixed it. Then the next morning sure enough the GPS went nuts.

I actually called at&t and the person on the phone didnt have the slightest clue what i was talking about. I ended up hanging up out of frustration. How do we get a message to at&t to turn this crap off (or at least fix it) so it doesnt rape our battery? Would they care at all even if we found the right person to complain too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by limitbreak09 View Post
Im sorry but switching to apple is gonna be the same or worst. I spoke with my coworker who has an iphone and I asked him if hes having trouble with his Gps, and he said hes no longer be able to turn off the gps since yesterday and he was annoyed as hell , coz it is killing his iphones battery life...

So yup atnt is effin garbage by doing this horrendous kind of thing..gps/ location on all the time?!! I guess im just gonna need to learn to root my fone.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Quote:

chakdere
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Finally I also did factory reset and issue is gone