23rd August 2013, 02:28 PM   |  #101  
Flag Columbia, MD
Thanks Meter: 31

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyshukxda

You have a method to send unlock codes? Or am i misunderstanding something here

No, I just sent him the code I got from HTCDev when I unlocked yesterday before the crackdown.
23rd August 2013, 02:33 PM   |  #102  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 141

789 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord727

No, I just sent him the code I got from HTCDev when I unlocked yesterday before the crackdown.

Will that work? If I went out and bought an HTC One today, could I just use someone else's unlock code?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
23rd August 2013, 02:35 PM   |  #103  
Flag Columbia, MD
Thanks Meter: 31

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jova33

Will that work? If I went out and bought an HTC One today, could I just use someone else's unlock code?

No it wouldn't work like that. I forgot to say that I sent him the code because he wants to compare some peoples codes via a Hex Editor or something. If you try to use someone else's unlock code, it won't work.
23rd August 2013, 02:36 PM   |  #104  
Thanks Meter: 4

10 posts
If I can do something to help
I was one of the guys who unlocked the bootloader before the crackdown based on this thread saying it wouldn't take Verizon long to block it. If there's something I could do to help (as long as I won't be under too much risk of bricking my shiny new phone), don't hesitate to tell me what to do. Also, if there's a bounty anywhere for full S-Off, I'd be more than happy to pitch in. I just want to make sure this device won't be ignored by the hacking community now that the HTC Dev Unlock no longer works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calebspronk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2013, 02:38 PM   |  #105  
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 111

727 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jova33

No - that code is somehow tied to your unique device ID

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebspronk

I was one of the guys who unlocked the bootloader before the crackdown based on this thread saying it wouldn't take Verizon long to block it. If there's something I could do to help (as long as I won't be under too much risk of bricking my shiny new phone), don't hesitate to tell me what to do. Also, if there's a bounty anywhere for full S-Off, I'd be more than happy to pitch in. I just want to make sure this device won't be ignored by the hacking community now that the HTC Dev Unlock no longer works.

+1 here as well
23rd August 2013, 02:51 PM   |  #106  
Flag Alexandria, Va
Thanks Meter: 52

261 posts
More
I dont really know if this is something that will work or not but I thought it was worth getting a few other peoples opinions. I was wondering if it is possible to somehow edit the Unlock_Code.bin file that people got from the HTCdev site before it was locked down, if we can find a way to edit that file to work with another device we can continue to unlock devices.

The thread for this idea in the Q&A Section - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2417135
23rd August 2013, 02:52 PM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 244

1,229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozzie

I dont really know if this is something that will work or not but I thought it was worth getting a few other peoples opinions. I was wondering if it is possible to somehow edit the Unlock_Code.bin file that people got from the HTCdev site before it was locked down, if we can find a way to edit that file to work with another device we can continue to unlock devices.

The thread for this idea in the Q&A Section - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2417135

I think the file is signed with HTC's private key which is why it is flashable... otherwise we could just flash anything if you edit it the signature is altered
23rd August 2013, 02:54 PM   |  #108  
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
Thanks to all the hard work from the devevlopers over the past 24 hours. I also was able to unlock mine immediately after picking it up. I also flashed CWM recovery and have root. The debloat script worked like a charm as well.

Really surprised to see HTC/Verizon reacted and locked it down as fast as they did. I understand it is being blocked on HTCdev but I am imagine someone at Verizon was frantically calling them just a couple hours into launch day screaming at them to block the tool.
The Following User Says Thank You to twelvefiftyone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2013, 02:58 PM   |  #109  
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 256

902 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvefiftyone

Thanks to all the hard work from the devevlopers over the past 24 hours. I also was able to unlock mine immediately after picking it up. I also flashed CWM recovery and have root. The debloat script worked like a charm as well.

Bragger!

Now I'm sad.. I was gonna unlock at work right when I got it and decided to wait until I got home. Boo to me..
23rd August 2013, 03:06 PM   |  #110  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,957

2,323 posts
Donate to Me
More
Comparing them and they only have 4 bits that match. Not a good sign.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread