EMUI 2.0 closed beta

Search This thread

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Windows phone anyone? :D

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk

Yep, but not as dynamic as windows phone. But nonetheless its brilliant idea to add that as an alternative interface. I never thought of that idea before and impressed now. It opens up to more users who are not really happy with the traditional android interface. But the biggest importance being its ease of use. Emotion UI originated on the base idea of providing ease of use. There are users like the older folks who prefer that ease. Then there are others who just want those basic phone functions quickly and prominent and not really into Widgets. So this simple UI fills that gap. Im also guessing that maybe they dumped the idea of providing a "driving mode" option as this simple UI does that job in some sense already. But just a guess.

So now theme-ing would also include theme-ing the Simple UI. :good::p.

Last edited:

richish

Dec 22, 2011
Got an exclusive EMUI 2.0 images. :laugh:

Emotion UI gets a new alternative interface called "Simple UI". The name explains its key purpose.

If you want EMUI 2.0 to be a surprise, then don't peep. :mad:
now my grandma can use this phone
so big icons
SH.....T :silly:

launcher will be changed on reaciving update !

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Some minor design changes on emui2.0 was posted on Chinese forums before. Here is one where the older on the left and newer on the right is compared. Basically everything gets some depth to it and shifting towards 3D looks, which is gone be the official style of emotion ui, rather than flat looks.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2588316190

But these pics are more older I suppose. The navigation bar is grey while in the pics I obtained yesterday the navigation bar is black. Or maybe the color is customizable.

Last edited:

Ottomaani0

Feb 22, 2011
Nousiainen
Yep, but not as dynamic as windows phone. But nonetheless its brilliant idea to add that as an alternative interface. I never thought of that idea before and impressed now. It opens up to more users who are not really happy with the traditional android interface. But the biggest importance being its ease of use. Emotion UI originated on the base idea of providing ease of use. There are users like the older folks who prefer that ease. Then there are others who just want those basic phone functions quickly and prominent and not really into Widgets. So this simple UI fills that gap. Im also guessing that maybe they dumped the idea of providing a "driving mode" option as this simple UI does that job in some sense already. But just a guess.

So now theme-ing would also include theme-ing the Simple UI. :good::p.
Didn't mean it in a negative manner, just the first thing that came to my mind :) This could look very cool with some themes :)

Steve-Savalas

Aug 22, 2013
Samsung phones have a similar option - Basic UI I think it's called, just makes the UI, well, basic. Kind of for older people (or young I guess). So it's not a new concept but good to have the option.

warea

Dec 1, 2007

warea

Dec 1, 2007
EMUI 2.0 comes with a harassment filter.

Notice the status bar in both pic. It seems the battery percentage is optional.

Last edited:

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Keypad looks same with slight change in color. The background is white and the key magnifying popup is blue and balloon shaped. Also an addition of voice control on top.

You get a 4x2 weather clock widget. But on the other hand beta testers mentioned the ME widget is optimized to let you use any widget of ME widget as a standalone, without blocking empty space like it currently does on EMUI 1.6. Edit: I just noticed now, the widget adding interface itself has changed.

Attachments

• emui2.0-6.jpg
    emui2.0-6.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 415
  • emui2.0-5.jpg
    emui2.0-5.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Keypad looks same with slight change in color. The background is white and the key magnifying popup is blue and balloon shaped. Also an addition of voice control on top.

You get a 4x2 weather clock widget. But on the other hand beta testers mentioned the ME widget is optimized to let you use any widget of ME widget as a standalone, without blocking empty space like it currently does on EMUI 1.6.

Do you know if gesture-typing is added in the keyboard?

Also, I hope they remove the limit of only having 16 apps in a folder, on the home screen. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HUAWEI P6

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Some additional features can be seen from the screen shot of this notification panel:

b4a56101jw1e8lygjtvqjj20g40snwg5.jpg

A no disturb feature (see leaked here), driving mode, a one hand feature which makes using the phone with one hand easier (this was previously on Ascend Mate but it seems it is coming to all), some acceleration stuff, and voice assistant.

warea

Dec 1, 2007
I have got hold of an official EMUI 2.0 introducing half edited video. Should I leak it or am I doing Huawei a disfavour ? :confused:

frdan

Apr 11, 2012
no need vid , any date or beta copy ?!

warea

Dec 1, 2007
no need vid , any date or beta copy ?!

Nope. i just got some video material they are working on.

As for the date, there would be a release next month anyway of Emui 2.0 along with a couple of new phones. And p6 is getting android 4.4 by end of January, so emui 2.0 would be same time.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Emui 2.0
http://videobam.com/AvthW

PS: Its not a final version of video. So don't think its good idea to give it too much public attention.

Edit: Good to know someone else released it already. Phew. The Huawei users from Russia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWicANDf-NU

Last edited:

Truck'n Hemi

Oct 28, 2013
Till now I haven't seen anything realy new, but it's nice to know that the optimazations are there. Huawei needed to do this, it's device have a great chip and now they have the oportunity to show that.

Top Liked Posts