[Q] i9100 lcd display work with i9105P?

Search This thread

Comadox

Jul 8, 2011
hi, have anyone else fail their device and end up repair it with i9100 LCD display on i9105P successfully? :confused:

fayez107

Jun 18, 2013
Is there a difference between both?
I used both phones. Looked the same :/

Sent from my GT-I9105

corduroy84

May 16, 2013
Should be the same.

P/s It's AMOLED, not LCD :p

Sent from my GT-I9105 using xda app-developers app

Comadox

Jul 8, 2011
okay, thanks. i'm gonna install it in a month. i'll update you guys later. :D

Last edited:

Comadox

Jul 8, 2011
new display arrived yesterday with name i9100 & i9105P. installed it and it works just like it did before :victory:

nickchk

May 11, 2013
what happen to ur previous screen? hm....if the screen is the same,i think the screen life expectancy will be same on i9100's,as well as the blue pixel degradation.

Gaitillo

Oct 12, 2013
new display arrived yesterday with name i9100 & i9105P. installed it and it works just like it did before :victory:

Hi comadox.
They display you bought is working well? Because i'm experiencing a mismatch between the point I touch the screen and the point the phone recognize it (it's recognized about 1 cm down-left), and i read on an italian forum that is a compatibility issue and the display of the devices are different, thats why the new display doesn't work properly, is that true?
Your display is for both i9100 and i9105P? Am i experiencing just an hardware fault and not a compatibility issue?

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

Gaitillo

Oct 12, 2013
Another question? Did you replace lcd+touchscreen or did you replace just the display?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

Dec 16, 2012
i9100 and i9105 lcd difference

Hello,
i'll clear this issue a bit:

the actual lcd is the same BUT...

the flat of the buttom keys for menu, back and home - it different the connector does not fit
if you buy just the lcd and put it in the old frame with this flat - it'll be fine,
but if you buy a full assembly - it wont fit.

and there is a compatibility issue with the touch sensor, there are a few revisions to the screen, the revision number is written on the back near the connector, the early ones only work good on the i9100, they will misread the touch input on the i9105 thinking it's a bit lower then the actual touch happening

the later revisions work on good BOTH models, i do lcd refub and keep a list of the revisions testing them on both models,
in the near future i will compile it and post so that it's clear which how exactly to tell if a specific screen work or not.

hope this helps.

Reactions: nickchk

boing<<

Mar 3, 2011
Hello,

the flat of the buttom keys for menu, back and home - it different the connector does not fit
if you buy just the lcd and put it in the old frame with this flat - it'll be fine,

and there is a compatibility issue with the touch sensor, there are a few revisions to the screen, the revision number is written on the back near the connector, the early ones only work good on the i9100, they will misread the touch input on the i9105 thinking it's a bit lower then the actual touch happening

the later revisions work on good BOTH models, i do lcd refub and keep a list of the revisions testing them on both models,
in the near future i will compile it and post so that it's clear which how exactly to tell if a specific screen work or not.

hope this helps.

I am in the same situation, accidently bought a I9100 display for my I9105P and are now stuck with the wrong touch input. Any way i can like "calibrate" the display to the phone?

beregigon

Nov 15, 2013
Hi!

Trying to help a participant from another forum, I think I've solved the "mystery" of the screens for the S2 that work, or not, in our S2 Plus.

He bought it to mount it gave the error offset in the touch and then put a picture of the flex of your screen to display reference codes, if anyone could help.

First, reported that the code reference would have to look it is not the LCD but the Touch, located in the lateral flex with the ATMEL chip and connected to the main flex through the CN3 connector, and that it shows TSP AMS427GL03 rev1.1, and also the ATMEL chip was MTX224

I dismounted my i9105P and I found the following: In mine, what little you can see through the holes of the mobile chassis, the chip is ATMEL MXT224E!

But I also have another disassembled i9100 display, on which the Tactile has the reference code AMS427GL13 TSP REV0.0, date 2011.04.05 ... and the chip is, again, the ATMEL MXT224E! And besides, I have two others that are already mounted on chassis, also with the chip MTX224E (What a coincidence, with no MTX224). Well I have tested all and Tactile of ALL, works well.

Another thing that I've noticed! ALL 224E chips have a large G printed over in white colour, while the 224 chips that I have broken screens do not anything printed over.
Will Samsung scored screens that initially served only for S2 i9100G but, now, are also operating in the i9105?

Last edited:
Reactions: siphid

vladok

Dec 8, 2011
Any info how to get this i9100 LCd working on i9105p. Maybe some custom firmware may help?

rogsmcom

Dec 15, 2014
I solved mystery about lcd i9100 and i9105

Sry for my bad english but i read all post about lcd and i found solution. Bought lcds have ATMEL chip but have diferent series, so i get old altmel chip from old broken lcd i9105 and i put on new lcd i9100 and work briliant. Before to make this change when i mount new lcd i9100 on i9105 phone touchescreen was decalibrated after change ALTMEL chip work perfectly.
So difrence betwen i9100 lcd and i9105 lcd its ALTMEL chip from digitizer. Solution its hardware my friends. thx for all from here because help me to find solution.

midenok

Jun 7, 2015
Sry for my bad english but i read all post about lcd and i found solution. Bought lcds have ATMEL chip but have diferent series, so i get old altmel chip from old broken lcd i9105 and i put on new lcd i9100 and work briliant. Before to make this change when i mount new lcd i9100 on i9105 phone touchescreen was decalibrated after change ALTMEL chip work perfectly.
So difrence betwen i9100 lcd and i9105 lcd its ALTMEL chip from digitizer. Solution its hardware my friends. thx for all from here because help me to find solution.

How did you replaced it??? :eek:

First, it is impossible to dismount screen without breaking it. Second, chip is four sides factory soldered to ribbon. Very small with micro legs -- impossible to solder by hand, only on special equipment...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i9100 and i9105 lcd difference

Hello,

hope this helps.
    Hi!

Trying to help a participant from another forum, I think I've solved the "mystery" of the screens for the S2 that work, or not, in our S2 Plus.

He bought it to mount it gave the error offset in the touch and then put a picture of the flex of your screen to display reference codes, if anyone could help.

First, reported that the code reference would have to look it is not the LCD but the Touch, located in the lateral flex with the ATMEL chip and connected to the main flex through the CN3 connector, and that it shows TSP AMS427GL03 rev1.1, and also the ATMEL chip was MTX224

I dismounted my i9105P and I found the following: In mine, what little you can see through the holes of the mobile chassis, the chip is ATMEL MXT224E!

But I also have another disassembled i9100 display, on which the Tactile has the reference code AMS427GL13 TSP REV0.0, date 2011.04.05 ... and the chip is, again, the ATMEL MXT224E! And besides, I have two others that are already mounted on chassis, also with the chip MTX224E (What a coincidence, with no MTX224). Well I have tested all and Tactile of ALL, works well.

Another thing that I've noticed! ALL 224E chips have a large G printed over in white colour, while the 224 chips that I have broken screens do not anything printed over.
    Will Samsung scored screens that initially served only for S2 i9100G but, now, are also operating in the i9105?