5,595,570 Members 46,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Mod][MotoActv] Tweaks+Mods Pack!

Tip us?

jkok
Old
(Last edited by jkok; 7th September 2013 at 02:01 PM.) Reason: added credits+other notes
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Default [Mod][MotoActv] Tweaks+Mods Pack!

ive gathered some things and did a few tests on my MotoActv since ive gotten it and did some tweaks here and there and i added the following features to mine and put them into a flashable zip for u all

-init.d support (plus some scripts to make it faster then ever) (tested and working (makes two files in sdcard on boot to show it) (picks and chooses when to work now for some reason, so i put an app i made that loads scripts when onCreate()'d and sometimes on-boot)
-Viper4Android sound system (only works for bluetooth headsets if enabled, but its sounds better with good settings)(see credits)
-OpenVPN (idk if theres a use for us but i added the required files (no GUI)
-UsbEnabler.apk (see credits)
-Adblock host (hopefully it works i havent been able to test yet)
-lag-free entropy (so far seems to work, as im not lagging switching launchers anymore)
-MotoActv DPI (my own personall app i made for Changing dpi from 90,100, and stock(120)
-Sqlite3 + init.d sqlite3 optimizer
-Busybox Run-parts (for init.d, still picks and chooses when to work)
-100 Dpi When-Flashed (can be changed back to stock with the MotoActv DPI app i made)
-minor-to-major tweaks from init.d scripts and other methods
-DalvikCache2Sd (not sure if it truly tested working, but i do have a tiny bit more space+no lag like other 2SD methods

soon to be added:

I take bare minimum credit for these, i mostly used this personal zip for when i update my MotoActv's rom, this can be universal for other androids, but it was initially made to the MotoActv watch running custom roms

Credits to give:
(will edit when i get forum post urls and OP's names)

Viper4Android:
OP = @zhuhang
Thread = http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223

UsbEnabler:
OP = @fagalto
Thread = http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2396138

init.d scripts, OpenVpn, Entropy:
i extracted from the rom on my phone so idk where they originally came from

Init.d App(unreleased w/o mod_pack)+MotoActv DPI:
OP:me @jkok for developing and publishing
Thread (MotoActv DPI):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2435370

Gallery+Live Wallapapers:
Google, But @ClearD for giving me the zip with the script+apks
the zip:
i put together, made the script, signed+released for general use for others:

future credits will be made when i add more things.

Download:
Reusable Download Link
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jkok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ClearD
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1134

DONATE TO ME
Awesome!

Here's a zip (with changed mounting, again; this time using the exact same one that I use for the rom) of the Live Wallpapers + Gallery apks. Hopefully, this one will work fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CDLiveWallpapers-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.82 MB, 40 views)
Phone: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3
Phone ROM: ClearDroid-BD SGS3 1.1.1 B Stable
Watch: Motorola MotoACTV
Watch ROM: ClearDroid 1.1.9 T5
PLEASE OVERCLOCK RESPONSIBLY:
"You mean I might break my car by driving it 140 mph all the time?
It's on the speedometer, so it has to be ok, right?" -bdaman80

.: If I help you, click "Thanks" to let me know! :.
USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClearD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jkok
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearD View Post
Awesome!

Here's a zip (with changed mounting, again; this time using the exact same one that I use for the rom) of the Live Wallpapers + Gallery apks. Hopefully, this one will work fine.
well thanks ClearD i can do the script just fine, some of the mountpoints are universal like what i use
umount("/system");
or
run_program("xbin/mount", "/system"); (might be wrong on the xbin part, just going by memory
run_program("xbin/umount", "/system");

but the resolution on the galery on your motoactv rom is too big for it, it resizes dont get me wrong, but it needs to do a single horizontal row cause if u overscroll to the farest right u see there is second or more rows going down, imma fine the sourcecode for the galery2.apk, and make a single-row version when i find it =)

ClearD
Old
(Last edited by ClearD; 28th August 2013 at 12:42 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkok View Post
well thanks ClearD i can do the script just fine, some of the mountpoints are universal like what i use
umount("/system");
or
run_program("xbin/mount", "/system"); (might be wrong on the xbin part, just going by memory
run_program("xbin/umount", "/system");

but the resolution on the galery on your motoactv rom is too big for it, it resizes dont get me wrong, but it needs to do a single horizontal row cause if u overscroll to the farest right u see there is second or more rows going down, imma fine the sourcecode for the galery2.apk, and make a single-row version when i find it =)
Ah, sweet! That sounds good. I couldn't get it to mount properly any other way so far, but it could have been something as simple as a typo. If it does actually work, then I might use that in the future. That's the one I tried with the last iteration.

The Following User Says Thank You to ClearD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jkok
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearD View Post
Ah, sweet! That sounds good. I couldn't get it to mount properly any other way so far, but it could have been something as simple as a typo. If it does actually work, then I might use that in the future.
the universal way i do my scripts is
mount("ext3", "MTD", "system", "/system");
unmount("/system");
and it always seemed to work for me, so thats why i call it universal anyways
but the other ways i posted seemed to work for me when i tried em, i just used this way cause it was in a zip for a motoactv rom (i think it was yours or the battery mod)
The Following User Says Thank You to jkok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jkok
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Opps! i was wrong, its not
run_program("xbin/mount", "system");
its
run_program("sbin/mount", "system");
lol i had to check my other mod zips lol
The Following User Says Thank You to jkok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ClearD
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkok View Post
the universal way i do my scripts is
mount("ext3", "MTD", "system", "/system");
unmount("/system");
and it always seemed to work for me, so thats why i call it universal anyways
but the other ways i posted seemed to work for me when i tried em, i just used this way cause it was in a zip for a motoactv rom (i think it was yours or the battery mod)
Lol no doubt, I went through the same thing with the battery mod, looking over and over for one that worked better. I'd prefer the xbin/mount method, but for some reason, it was hit and miss on my end with end users. Not sure why, unless busybox wasn't set up right somehow.

The Following User Says Thank You to ClearD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jkok
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Just updated the mod_pack with more features!

Sorry but the only thing i havent really been able to fix that well way the init.d it seemed to workwhen i first released this mod_pack, but it seems to pick+choose when to work, so i added 2 other methods for init.d (one of which is an app i made, yet to release that loads the scripts when the app is onCreate()'d and sometimes on-boot when SuperUser allows it)

but there are some great new features that WILL work, along with some of my own personall apps, tweaks, and clock faces =)

Again: this mod_pack is meant for MotoActv's running a custom rom, and Not meant for AOSP based MotoActv Roms

Tested and confirmed working (except init.d that picks and chooses) on @ClearD 's ClearRom 1.2.0 T2 (and my own personal (un)Official 1.2.1 T1 i made for him)

Xenocide83
Old
(Last edited by Xenocide83; 13th September 2013 at 09:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 81
For some reason all of the mods are being denied superuser, any ideas? I am setup to automatically allow all requests

Edit: Installed SuperSU and my problem has been resolved

Saeviomage
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Has there been anything definitive about the entropy thing? The last consensus I saw by anyone not potentially making money from a fix is that at best it's just forcing the processor to stay awake, decreasing battery life.