[Guide] [How to] Update Samsung S5282 Galaxy Star Duos Firmware
What is This Guide:
This guide will give you the complete and easy steps to follow when you want to update the firmware version of your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos S5282, The main goal of this guide is to update your Galaxy Star Duos by yourself and by using Free tools and files only, No need to buy or pay for anything at all, We bring you everything you need to perform the update so all you should do is reading the guide and start working.
- Backup any wanted data before starting the update process, Read our online guide (How to Backup your Samsung Mobile Phone).
- Charge your mobile phone to be at least at 70% of its charging level.
- Write down the current firmware version of your mobile phone, You may need it in case of anything happen during the update process.
Tools, Files and programs:
- Stock official firmware of Samsung S5282 Galaxy Star Duos (Download and extract the package).
- USB drivers for your S5282 ( Download and install it, Then restart the computer).
- Odin flasher (Download and extract).
- Suitable USB cable for Samsung S5282 Galaxy Star Duos.
- A computer with Windows OS installed.
Samsung S5282 Galaxy Star Duos Firmware Update Steps:
- Turn off the phone.
- Take out any SIM cards or memory card of it.
- Run Odin.exe program.
- Check the following settings: Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time, Nand Erase all.
- Click Bootloader button and select: BOOTSPL_S5282xxxxxx_..._REV03_user_low_ship.tar
- Click PDA button and select: CODE_S5282xxxxxx_1127854_REV03_user_low_ship.tar
- Click PHONE button and select: MODEM_S5282xxxxx_REV03.tar
- Click CSC button and select: CSC_Oxx_S5282Oxxxxxx_1127854_REV03_user_low_ship.t ar
(In-case you'd like to re-partition, check "re-partition" and select the mint.pit file)
- Put your Samsung S5282 Galaxy Star Duos device into Download Mode:
Press and Hold Volume Down key + Home key + Power key, When you see the warning message release all keys, And press Volume Up key to enter the phone into Download Mode.
- Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
- Wait for Windows to install the needed USB drivers.
- Look at Odin's window and check if the COM port of your device is detected (0:[COMxxx]).
- Click on Start button.
- Odin will install the new firmware files into your Galaxy Star Duos, Just wait for it to be done.
- The device will be rebooted after installing the new firmware.
- Look at Odin's window and if you see PASS! Word then the update was successful.
- Disconnect the USB cable from phone.
- Wait for the device to be fully on and check the new firmware version bu this code *#1234#
- Now you can turn the mobile off, Insert SIM Cards, Memory card, Then turn it on again.
- When the device is on again you are free to customize it and restore your backup (In case you have made one), Then enjoy your perfect work.
Notice: When you have a firmware package with one file inside, Then no need to check Re-Partition option, And never use PIT file too, All you should do is selecting the one file as PDA file, and perform the other explained steps.