lg g2x custom rom

Tip us?

dman31
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default lg g2x custom rom

Hi guyz
I'm newbie for custom roms.Actually I have rooted my lg g2x and want to change my original rom with gingerbread 2.3.4 to any stable jelly bean rom .please suggest me which is the best stable rom with jelly bean and with improved performance.Also procedure to install that rom.
youe help is appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to dman31 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
There is no stable jelly bean for our device. Flash cm7 or any ics rom

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

dman31
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default stable jelly bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain-N-Panic View Post
There is no stable jelly bean for our device. Flash cm7 or any ics rom

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Hello thanks for reply
Can you send me the link to well stable CM7 or ICS rom?also are they different(I'm really dumb in this)?And method to flash.

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
I'm sorry man but your basically asking me to give you every piece of information necessary in order to flash a custom ROM. All of this information can be found in the stickies of the various G2X forums. It is apparent that you are not quite knowledgeable enough yet for me to suggest that you flash your phone. I suggest reading the stickies and learning everything there is to know about flashing this phone. All of the information is available to you here on this forum. I will however recommend CM7 as it is a stable and newb friendly ROM to start with. I would download the latest weekly at get.cm . As far as flashing methods are concerned you need to use Clockwork Mod Recovery. There are many threads about it and a bundle of information dedicated to CWM Recovery in the stickies of this forum. Please read them.

Eve_brea
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I'm sorry man but your basically asking me to give you every piece of information necessary in order to flash a custom ROM. All of this information can be found in the stickies of the various G2X forums. It is apparent that you are not quite knowledgeable enough yet for me to suggest that you flash your phone. I suggest reading the stickies and learning everything there is to know about flashing this phone. All of the information is available to you here on this forum. I will however recommend CM7 as it is a stable and newb friendly ROM to start with. I would download the latest weekly at get.cm . As far as flashing methods are concerned you need to use Clockwork Mod Recovery. There are many threads about it and a bundle of information dedicated to CWM Recovery in the stickies of this forum. Please read them.
there's no such thing as stable. You want stable? Stick to 2.3.4.

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
CM7 is 2.3.4 (or 2.3.3, depending) GB and is absolutely stable. No reason or advantage to staying stock with this device unless blue tooth phone audio is a necessity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pain-N-Panic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Smitten8r
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Latest CM7 is 2.3.7... I'm using the March 2013 version.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Smitten8r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eve_brea
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
CM7 is 2.3.4 (or 2.3.3, depending) GB and is absolutely stable. No reason or advantage to staying stock with this device unless blue tooth phone audio is a necessity.
well gee. Why would i want bluetooth phone audio? Maybe so i can use my bluetooth headset for calls and not just music?

if it's missing something or something is broken.. IT IS NOT STABLE.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eve_brea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Freakthis08
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve_brea View Post
well gee. Why would i want bluetooth phone audio? Maybe so i can use my bluetooth headset for calls and not just music?

if it's missing something or something is broken.. IT IS NOT STABLE.
CM7 is absolutely stable as Pain said, and he is right. If you think CM7 is not stable go look up stable in the dictionary. CM7 is not perfect, but very much stable. I also believe its only a baseband issue where CM7 has the Bluetooth issue (old baseband works fine, new one doesn't).

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

ROM: Wicked v8
Kernel: Stock WICKED
Recovery: PhilZ Touch 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freakthis08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten8r View Post
Latest CM7 is 2.3.7... I'm using the March 2013 version.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app
Yeah, Idk why I said that lol, I was thinking about the baseband differences from 2.3.3 and 2.3.4, not the android versions =x

and Eve, it all depends on what you recognize as stable. I don't use nor do I wish to use blue tooth functions for calling purposes. So for me not having that option does not subtract from the "stability" of CM7. I am still able to use bluetooth for media purposes which I rarely do anyway. CM7 offers plenty of customization and options for your phone that you cannot possibly have if it is stock. For a first time user coming from stock software, CM7 will make you feel like you have a brand new device!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pain-N-Panic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]