Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[TOOL][Windows/Theming] BatchAPKTool

OP dfkt_

29th August 2013, 02:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Vienna, Austria
Thanks Meter: 137

205 posts
More
As seen on the front page: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-batchapktool/ (Thanks nikwen and Will!)

I never was overly happy with available solutions/tools/scripts for theming. So, over time my collection of homegrown batch scripts grew... and now I made a menu interface for them to collect them in a (for me, at least) logical manner. I'm gonna put them up here, maybe some people might find them useful.

BatchAPKTool differs from other Apktool/Smali-manager scripts in a few ways. It doesn't do everything everybody might find useful in a script, but it gets basic things done really fast and really neat. Where it makes sense, several working steps are combined into one command. BatchAPKTool is not a monolithic script. You can use the main menu script (!0-batchapktool-menu.bat), or you can simply click the various single scripts to get stuff done, which is usually the fastest option. There aren't a lot of folders to keep track of - everything is basically done in the root folder of the script. Just drop some APKs there and get going. BatchAPKTool automatically makes backups of the original files. And, of course, the name of the script comes from the fact that you don't select a single APK file to work with, but everything is done in batch (it's the user's responsibility to not mix system and user apps when signing/pushing/installing APKs).

On first startup the script checks if Java is installed on the computer, and sends you to the Java website if not. It also pulls the framework from your device and installs it for Apktool. After that you're good to go. The frameworks are tagged, so one can easily switch when developing for different devices.

The main menu (orange font) shows everything in order that's needed for theming system APKs. Basically, just go from option 1 to option 6 (or 7) and be done. The additional options (red font) contain features one might need as well - options 1 to 3 for non-system apps - but not as often as the main menu ones. Options 4 to 6 are just some 'internals'. It's all pretty self-explanatory, methinks:

Prerequisites are - besides Java - a custom recovery like TWRP that can mount partitions (for pushing system apps), and of course USB debugging enabled, ie. a working ADB connection.

I probably packed some safety checks in the scripts that might break operation on certain systems. Bug reports are welcome.

Tools included:
  • 7za v9.20
  • aapt v0.2
  • adb v1.0.31
  • apktool v1.5.2
  • DeflOpt v2.07
  • jpegoptim v1.2.2
  • OptiPNG v0.7.4
  • signapk [?]
  • Stripper v1.5.5.60
  • zipalign
(I didn't include PNGOut for optimizing images, since it is extremely demanding, even on modern hardware... but one can easily add it to the toolchain.)

Changelog:
  • v1.01 Streamlined some functions, more (in)sanity checks, better integration of framework switching function
  • v1.00 Initial release
Attached Files
File Type: zip batchapktool-v1.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.89 MB, 110 views)
File Type: zip batchapktool-v1.01.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.89 MB, 538 views)
Last edited by dfkt_; 31st August 2013 at 02:33 AM.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to dfkt_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2013, 04:45 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,408

2,812 posts
More
Cool.

Suggested it for the portal.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikwen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2013, 04:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Vienna, Austria

205 posts
More
Awesome - thanks a lot!

A slightly updated version is coming sometime soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to dfkt_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2013, 02:33 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Vienna, Austria

205 posts
More
New v1.01 in first post.

Changelog: Streamlined some functions, more (in)sanity checks, better integration of framework switching function.
31st August 2013, 07:15 AM   |  #5  
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 5,479

4,904 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt_

New v1.01 in first post.

Changelog: Streamlined some functions, more (in)sanity checks, better integration of framework switching function.

Not really into cooking ROMs these days, but this tool will definately help if I enter the kitchen again and try my hand at themimg.

Thanks a lot
1st September 2013, 08:11 AM   |  #6  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 647

581 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for this, it's really productive
1st September 2013, 07:13 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 326

482 posts
More
Thanks for this tool, Really useful & helpful!
1st September 2013, 07:51 PM   |  #8  
Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 9

12 posts
More
Thanks bro, it makes so much things easier
4th September 2013, 02:11 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,805

4,968 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks mate. I'll give a try asap
I saw your thread from the portal and this is worth cuz it looks very useful on paper
4th September 2013, 05:03 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Vienna, Austria

205 posts
More
Glad you guys find it useful.

Don't hesitate to report eventual bugs, or illogical combinations of options, etc.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread