MDA I has lost Telefon after update on WM2003

Search This thread

Alexpuh

Aug 14, 2005
Hallo,

i have an old MDA, and I have decided to upgrade it on WM2003. I have downloaded an oficial Update from Telekom Web page and have successfuly (= without Error Messages) installed it. Then, i have found, that Telefon in MDA doesn't work. There is an Icon of Antenne with a "!" sign and Diagnostic "No Service" ("Kein Dienst" in German), Telefon settings also can not be opened.
Bootloader shows, that GSM OK, does all of the Tests successfully.
I have tried to make the same Update with OSImageTool, but with same result.

Is there any tool, to diagnose, why it does not work???

WHAT CAN I DO???

I have tried to install an older System (3.19). Tha same effect, but also doesn't work ActiveSync. After installing a newer System, ActiveSync has worked, but Telefon is again unusable.

HEEEEELP!!!!!

LumpiStefan

Retired Moderator
Jan 20, 2003
Stuttgart
www.romkitchen.de
What is shown, when you "boot up" your MDA?
There should be 3 lines at the Bottom like
R xxxxxxxx
G xxxxxxxx
U xxxxxxxx

What is your model id (Label on the back) Could be PW10A or PW10B....

Stefan

Alexpuh

Aug 14, 2005
It is PW10A2.

The numbers on boot screen are...
Now: 4.01.19 R.3.23.00 G32S54

Update:
I have Radio on 3.23.11 updated (still not working)

Alexpuh

Aug 14, 2005
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It WORKS!!! In Bootloader menu i have called "GSM 900/1800" and "GSM ON", now Telefon works! I had a super weekend!!!!

Reactions: remus82

LumpiStefan

Retired Moderator
Jan 20, 2003
Stuttgart
www.romkitchen.de
Alexpuh said:

It WORKS!!! In Bootloader menu i have called "GSM 900/1800" and "GSM ON", now Telefon works! I had a super weekend!!!!

Have you installed previously an english WM2003? Setting the band to 1900 is an common problem for the T-Mobile WM2003 ROM of the US (eg. 4.01.16)

Stefan

Alexpuh

Aug 14, 2005
No, the only thing I have done, I have installed an Update from Telekom webpage (t-mobile.de/mda/software)... Later I have installed also only German versions. Though, I had no Idea, that Band could be changed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.