Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,758 Members 46,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Purchased a JavaCard for S-OFF

Tip us?

Sonic2756
Old
(Last edited by Sonic2756; 1st September 2013 at 01:56 AM.) Reason: Clearing up confusion.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
Talking Purchased a JavaCard for S-OFF

Since I got a whole bunch of PM's regarding this, I decided to make a thread generalizing everything.

Last week, I was denied the ability of unlocking my bootloader a mere hour before getting home I decided to find some other way to free my phone.

A few friends and I pooled together and purchased a JavaCard and the required files to be able to do things like S-OFF, factory unlock, etc.

Everything wont be here till next week (Tuesday/Wednesday) so I won't be able to provide proof and all that until then. However, I will be able to do 5-10 S-OFF's free of charge to any known devs who feel they would be able to use an S-OFF'd phone to provide the community with a public way to unlock our bootloaders/S-OFF etc. To anyone else, I'll be able to do about 250 phones or so via this one card. If anyone wants to talk more about this over PM feel free to contact me.

Edit: To clear up confusion. You CAN unlock your bootloader with S-OFF. You just have to change your CID via fastboot and unlock via HTCDev.
The Following 69 Users Say Thank You to Sonic2756 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iAmSilvercat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Really looking forward to this. Really tired of Verizon treating customers like ****

Check your PM btw.
The Following User Says Thank You to iAmSilvercat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coldconfession13
Old
Thanks Meter 66
If I am unlocked and romd up would s off be useful?

Sent from my HTC One VZW using Tapatalk 4

isoh
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldconfession13 View Post

You can flash custom radios and RUUs with S-OFF. Without it you can't. can also change your CID to use supercid

Sonic2756
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldconfession13 View Post

If you want to flash different radios or change your RUU or something like that then yeah. Look up what S-OFF can do for you :P.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sonic2756 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hand76
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Can someone explain what a Javacard is? How it works? Does the phone have to be mailed to the person doing it?
The Following User Says Thank You to Hand76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sonic2756
Old
(Last edited by Sonic2756; 1st September 2013 at 01:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand76 View Post
Can someone explain what a Javacard is? How it works? Does the phone have to be mailed to the person doing it?
A JavaCard is a signed micro SD from HTC with some diag files on it. I'm not quite sure how it works as I don't have it yet :P. However I do know that I can achieve S-OFF with it so I can change my CID. Which means I can unlock my bootloader .

But yes your phone has to be mailed to whoever has the card.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonic2756 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

isoh
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVSGqXn4wX0 That's a video of a Java Card on a One. It has some files on it signed by HTC used by them in factories to mess with the phone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to isoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hand76
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Cool thanks. One last thing is how come it only has 250 uses? Not complaining just trying to understand.

Sonic2756
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
Quote:
Cool thanks. One last thing is how come it only has 250 uses? Not complaining just trying to understand.
Because it's "credit" based. The card has 500 credits.

S-Off costs 2 credits.
Unlocks cost 1.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sonic2756 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe