{DEV}[APP] Touchpads Fixer Application

Search This thread

CriGiu

Apr 6, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
Hello there Xperia PLAY forum!

So, after an entire week of work, I can release my first android application here:
it is an utility to enable touchpads on any rom that is supported (if you want me to support your rom, please post here) .

Description:

It is composed by 2 main apps (or code-talking by 2 main Activities):
  • A build.prop fixer
  • A flashable.zip extractor
The build.prop fixer basically modifies some of your build.prop values to match these values, in order to have a proper recognition of the device by games or apps.
The flashable.zip extractor extracts into your sdcard (into a path specified by the app itself) a flashable.zip which contains the fixed framework.jar and the Touchpads Activator app by farenheith for the rom you choose.​

Sources

Here

APKs

Here

So here we are! If you find any bug just let me know.

Last edited:

|SavageD|

Dec 7, 2012
would i be able to play the n64 emulator with the touch pads on gingerbread if i use this application?

CriGiu

Apr 6, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
would i be able to play the n64 emulator with the touch pads on gingerbread if i use this application?

This app is meant to be used on Cyanogenmod (9 and 10) based roms, it won't fix touchpads on Gb :/
But there's a n64 emulator that allows u to use touchpads, i think it is called Mupen, unless you're using cm7

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
LOL :p I'll search for a cmd that allows it

i have no idea if this works but
/cache/recovery/command --update_package=/sdcard/my-rom.zip

followed by
adb reboot recovery

EDIT: i am looking in to making a android app for my kitchen and the option to auto flash a zip file will be useful to me aswell as you hence why i took some time to search aswell :)

Since you seem to know stuff, Can you let me know how i can run adb/shell commands in a android app thanks :)

UPDATE: this may also help http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250555 as the source is avaliable

Last edited:

CriGiu

Apr 6, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

followed by
adb reboot recovery

EDIT: i am looking in to making a android app for my kitchen and the option to auto flash a zip file will be useful to me aswell as you hence why i took some time to search aswell :)

Since you seem to know stuff, Can you let me know how i can run adb/shell commands in a android app thanks :)

UPDATE: this may also help http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250555 as the source is avaliable

Well it's quite simple, but you can't use adb since adb executable isn't available on android, but still, you can use busybox instead;
the way I use to execute a cmd via, for example, a press of a button, is to define a Process and a Runtime.
Then you can obtain su permissions (in the OnClick method) by using the Process you defined, like this:

Code:
Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("su" );

Then I use a DataOutputStream to exec other cmds (like mv or cp...)
Example to mount /system (where "//" starts comments:

Code:
[COLOR="Lime"]//Defining a DataOutputStream[/COLOR]
DataOutputStream os = new DataOutputStream(process.getOutputStream());

[COLOR="Lime"]//Using the defined DataOutputStream (os) to exec the command[/COLOR]
os.writeBytes("mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock0 /system\n" );

I'm busy these days, but ask me if you need anything (I'm not a java developer though lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: fma965

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Well it's quite simple, but you can't use adb since adb executable isn't available on android, but still, you can use busybox instead;
the way I use to execute a cmd via, for example, a press of a button, is to define a Process and a Runtime.
Then you can obtain su permissions (in the OnClick method) by using the Process you defined, like this:

Code:

Code:

[COLOR="Lime"]//Using the defined DataOutputStream (os) to exec the command[/COLOR]

I'm busy these days, but ask me if you need anything (I'm not a java developer though lol)
Great thanks, Im also not a java developer but some of the stuff is simple, i am also not a jquery or php developer but i can make the odd thing now and then :)

Thanks.

detectableink

Jun 21, 2014
Touchpads

If slimbean is based on cm10 (fxp228 and up) then it'll work, but make a backup to be 100% sure

Hiya I hope that you are still around, I am still interested in the xperia play especialy as it looks like kitkat will come out for it any time soon. I am having trouble with the touchpads on my xperia play

I have a Jellybean rom, called SONYCM10 FINAL perfect in every way BUT a major issue that i was not expecting.

Touchpad Activator which is included in the build fails to work when pressing the (activate just for this app) button, it came back with

Error 1: android.view.ViewRoot, the touchpads failed to work in anything

I then installed your touchpad fixer, i have clicked the framework and buildprop buttons and restarted into recovery mode (lupus jb v13) and installed from zip file the framework (I gather that this is how you flash it?). When i restart the phone and test the touchpads there is still no recognition AND when i go back into your fixer app it still says text in red that i have still not fixed my buildprop. I also coppied the framework manually into my system folder and overwrote the original with the new one just incase the installer was not working.

What am I missing? am I not flashing it properly or what? Again I did not flash but just installed from recoverymode the framework zip...

The only thing I can think of that I have not tried is to extract your buildprop somehow and manually overwrite the one in my system directory?

Any Help would be most welcome...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there Xperia PLAY forum!

So, after an entire week of work, I can release my first android application here:
    it is an utility to enable touchpads on any rom that is supported (if you want me to support your rom, please post here) .

Description:

It is composed by 2 main apps (or code-talking by 2 main Activities):
    • A build.prop fixer
    • A flashable.zip extractor
    The build.prop fixer basically modifies some of your build.prop values to match these values, in order to have a proper recognition of the device by games or apps.
    The flashable.zip extractor extracts into your sdcard (into a path specified by the app itself) a flashable.zip which contains the fixed framework.jar and the Touchpads Activator app by farenheith for the rom you choose.​

Sources

Here

APKs

Here

So here we are! If you find any bug just let me know.
    Changes into v1.0.1:

updated a wrong string that I forgot to update lol
    added credits to krisdee as well
    Lol just saw a broken boolean: gonna fix this

Changes into v1.0.2:

fixed a boolean value inside Fixer activity

followed by
    adb reboot recovery

Code:

Code: