Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] Notifyer Unread Count

Tip us?

TinglyBill
Old
(Last edited by TinglyBill; 27th April 2014 at 07:21 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [APP][2.2+] Notifyer Unread Count

Beta Testing

Currently looking for users who are interested in beta testing Notifyer. A few new features, you can see the screen shots at the end of this thread. Lots of behind the scenes improvements and restructuring to the project to make it easier to work on and add lots of new features in the near future.

Please PM me your Google account email address if you would like to become a tester and I will send you the invitation. There are beta versions of Notifyer+ and Notifyer Free, let me know which one you want to try.

I'm particularly interested to hear feedback about updating to the beta version over the top of the current official version. I want to make sure that no existing widgets or settings get lost in the update. It seems fine from my testing so far but just want to absolutely confirm this.

Cheers and please get in touch!

Notifyer
Hi everyone, here's my app Notifyer. Provides a notification bubble over your app icons like on iOS.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tions.notifyer

Notifyer runs as an accessibility service, you just replace your regular app icons with 1x1 Notifyer widgets and then choose which app to monitor. Settings are provided to adjust for alignment, size etc to blend in with your launcher.

I'm new to app development and this is my first ever app. I don't have a huge amount of programming experience so keen to tap into the expertise XDA has to offer. I'm hoping to recruit some testers running 4.3 to help me implement the new notification listener service but that will be a bit later on. Please get in touch if you spot any issues.

Cheers guys, let me know what you think.
Tom

Pics.

and a couple from Notifyer+ which is the paid version. Supports some themes and icon packs, has a couple of calendar icons with correct date (like iOS) and a few other extra features.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TinglyBill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smoza
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Very good app, but I've a problem: I've just installed your app from playstore, enabled accessibility service but I can't find widgets...
What can I do? (Look in my signature for my device's info)

Sent from my HTC Desire C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Device: Motorola Moto g full stock

Vince556
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Not sure what happened but I installed this app on my S3 and it caused bootloops.

If I tried to unlock the phone it would reboot. Instead, I had to use the pull down to unlock and remove the app. After that my phone is fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

TinglyBill
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Oh man I havent heard of either of these problems before. But that's good I want to get everything sorted.

The widget should just show up in your widget list as normal, I've attached a pic of what it looks like on my phone but it will vary depending on your phone and launcher. If it's not there then maybe restart the phone and if that doesnt work then uninstall and reinstall.

As for the boot loop I have no idea what could be causing that. Do you have any other accessibility services enabled besides Notifyer?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-02-21-23-10.jpg
Views:	932
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	2230401  
The Following User Says Thank You to TinglyBill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smoza
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinglyBill View Post
Oh man I havent heard of either of these problems before. But that's good I want to get everything sorted.

The widget should just show up in your widget list as normal, I've attached a pic of what it looks like on my phone but it will vary depending on your phone and launcher. If it's not there then maybe restart the phone and if that doesnt work then uninstall and reinstall.

As for the boot loop I have no idea what could be causing that. Do you have any other accessibility services enabled besides Notifyer?
Tried to uninstall and reinstall but it didn't work.. Maybe notifyer doesn't work with adw?

TinglyBill
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoza View Post
Tried to uninstall and reinstall but it didn't work.. Maybe notifyer doesn't work with adw?

I just installed ADW and it showed up ok. Is Notifyer installed on internal memory or on the SD card? You shouldn't normally get the option to install it to sd card but could be a custom rom thing?
The Following User Says Thank You to TinglyBill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smoza
Old
Thanks Meter 23
My fault: notifyer was installed on sd card :/
Everything os solved

TinglyBill
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
My fault: notifyer was installed on sd card :/
Everything os solved

Haha easily done. Hope you like the app now that it's working, let me know if you have any more questions. Just out of interest is that a feature of your custom rom that you were able to install Notifyer onto the SD card?

smoza
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Yes, it's a feature.
Anyway: is there a way to make widgets a bit more small? Because they make a lot of useless space between other widgets..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1378156354428.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	2230497  

TinglyBill
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Yes, it's a feature.
Anyway: is there a way to make widgets a bit more small? Because they make a lot of useless space between other widgets..

They should just occupy a single square in the grid on your homescreen the same as a regular icon. If you open Notifyer and go into the settings then you can play around with the icon size, text size and a few other things to get it looking how you want it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-02-22-15-48.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	2230505