Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

(guide xperia m) rooting , reboot fix, and swapping internal memory

OP jinishpv

12th October 2013, 03:17 PM   |  #31  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 35
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinishpv

first of all all the tools and steps in this post is not mine . i had tried to bring all these things in to one thread

note:first thing first ,follow the steps from A,B,.....D
A-rooting

1-download framroot
2-install framroot
3-open framroot
4-u have to select install supersu
5-then select gandalf exploit wait for few seconds a pop up message comes sucess ..........
6-do nothing the phone will reboot itself when the phone turns on u will see super su is installed and u have ur xperia m rooted

note: some time ur phone will b rooted with the first attempt but i had tried these steps 3 times to get rooted my xperia m for the first time first time . but some time u will get rooted ur phone with single attempt so dont worry

B-busybox

1-download busybox
2-install busybox and open it wait for some time and grand super su request
3-wait for some time busybox loads tweaks after loading completes there is a install button on bottom left corner click install then choose normal
4-busy box installs tweaks after compleation of installation sucess popup message comes
5-installation of busy box is sucessfull

note:some time the phone will reboot in between the busybox installation dont worry follow from the 3rd steps. this is because of the system folder read write error

C-reboot fix (sucessfull system read/write)

1-download reboot fix.rar
2-unrar it on ur pc
3-turn on usb debugging on ur phone and connect to ur pc(sony pc companion should b installed in ur pc)
4-run supersu.bat
5-follow the instructions on the pc screen

note:without sucessful busybox installation the reboot fix will not work try these reboot fix steps several times if u r not sucessful

D-swapping internal memory

1-download extsd2internalsd_xz.txt and scriptmanager
2-install scriptmanager
3-copy the .txt file to /data folder
4-open scriptmanager and select browse as root and grand supersu permissions
5-navigate to /data folder on scriptmanager and long press the extsd2internal_xz.txt and select open As... then select Script/Executable
6-then select su and boot and select save
7-suddenly the .txt file will turn to yellow colour turn off ur phone annd turn on u will see a swapped internal to external sd

note:if the reboot fix is not sucessful ur phone will constantly reboot after the 7th step then u have to uninstall the script manager to solve this


this is how i done all these thanks for all the all orginal developers who found these tweaks

Thank u very much why usb gets unmounted after applying this script??
16th October 2013, 03:02 PM   |  #32  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
WTH, My Internal and External Storage
My Internal and External Storage shows only 2.05 GB
I am using a 16 GB Class 10 SD Card

Can someone tell how to fix this??
16th October 2013, 03:11 PM   |  #33  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 35
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael_schiffer

My Internal and External Storage shows only 2.05 GB
I am using a 16 GB Class 10 SD Card

Can someone tell how to fix this??

Run script again click save
immediatly power off and switch on ur mobile and wait for some time
17th October 2013, 09:43 PM   |  #34  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrock622

Run script again click save
immediatly power off and switch on ur mobile and wait for some time


When i run the text file, the following message shows-
exec sh '/storage/sdcard0/data/extsd2internalsd_xz.txt
ge/sdcard0/data/extsd2internalsd_xz.txt'
mount: No such file or directory



This is whats written in that txt file-

mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:33

/storage/sdcard0
mount -o bind /data/media /storage/sdcard1


Help plz, i so regret this move, i think i ruined my phone....shouldn't have risked it...
18th October 2013, 12:32 PM   |  #35  
C25's Avatar
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 35
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael_schiffer

When i run the text file, the following message shows-
exec sh '/storage/sdcard0/data/extsd2internalsd_xz.txt
ge/sdcard0/data/extsd2internalsd_xz.txt'
mount: No such file or directory



This is whats written in that txt file-

mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:33

/storage/sdcard0
mount -o bind /data/media /storage/sdcard1


Help plz, i so regret this move, i think i ruined my phone....shouldn't have risked it...

1.Rename script from 'extsd2internalsd_xz.txt' to 'extsd2internalsd_xz' and move to system/etc/init.d folder.

2.Download Universal Init.d
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.init.d&hl=en

3.Open & Activate.

4.Reboot.

5.Check Storage.
21st October 2013, 08:52 PM   |  #36  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by C25

1.Rename script from 'extsd2internalsd_xz.txt' to 'extsd2internalsd_xz' and move to system/etc/init.d folder.

2.Download Universal Init.d
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.init.d&hl=en

3.Open & Activate.

4.Reboot.

5.Check Storage.

When i try moving the file to system/tc/init.d i get a DANGER warning that i may brick my device...so i chose the SAFE ACTION and i get an error- "Unable process following files/sdcard/data/extsd2internalsd_xz"
Plz help..should i take the risk and select the BRICK option?
22nd October 2013, 07:29 PM   |  #37  
C25's Avatar
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 35
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael_schiffer

When i try moving the file to system/tc/init.d i get a DANGER warning that i may brick my device...so i chose the SAFE ACTION and i get an error- "Unable process following files/sdcard/data/extsd2internalsd_xz"
Plz help..should i take the risk and select the BRICK option?

Ok
I tried that and I got same error.
sorry for that.
first enable universal init.d
then using root explorer rename and move to system/etc/init.d.
and then reboot.
that's how I manage to swap.

there no use of script manager here.
23rd October 2013, 01:14 PM   |  #38  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by C25

Ok
I tried that and I got same error.
sorry for that.
first enable universal init.d
then using root explorer rename and move to system/etc/init.d.
and then reboot.
that's how I manage to swap.

there no use of script manager here.

Bro, u are not getting what i said... When i move to system/etc/init.d i get a prompt

I clicked the SAFE ACTION option and the copy failed, Should i try clicking the BRICK option? Is there a risk..
What did u click?
23rd October 2013, 01:34 PM   |  #39  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
i will try this method but what if I softbrick my Xperia M? any download link for latest M firmware
23rd October 2013, 02:17 PM   |  #40  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Does anyone know if this will work on an operator locked phone, or will this method still not work if you're locked?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes