Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 44,706 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock)

Tip us?

thenewak
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
Here are all the current KDZ files for flashing Your G2 Back to Stock, I have updated the Link below with the AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Korean, Asia, Pretty much of all them now!. READ!!! The first Guide Below is to Return To STOCK For ALL Varrients!! EXCEPT for the AT&T Please read below for the steps to return to stock on AT&T

NOTICE! - IF you download fails or does not download all the way USE A DOWNLOAD MANAGER!, Files that are usually over 1GB browsers have issues downloading them espseically if you have a slow connection.

First Off Not Responsible if you flash the wrong one!!!!

THIS Guide Below for All Versions EXCEPT the AT&T Version (For AT&T Scroll Down more)

How to flash ROM:
1) Download the Rom You Want! Choose your model At the Link Below - The Files are Hosted on my server for fast speeds!
Click Here

Rom`s Mirror - Thanks and credit to fma965

2) Download LG mobile support tool and Install it. (It will open up when its done just CLOSE IT OFF)
LG Mobile Support Tool Download

3) Download / Install FlashTool (R&D Test Tool) & Drivers
Download Here

4) Power off your G2, press Volume Up & Down key and then plug in the usb cable (enter to a download mode)

5) Extract FlashTool and run UpTestEX.exe

6) In R&D Test Tool window,
Select Type = 3GQCT (top left hand side)
PhoneMode = DIAG (top right hand side)
Select kdz file = click to select your LG stock rom *.kdz
Click "Normal web upgrade test" (bottom right hand side)
Then another window will pop up, click "Upgrade Start" button
wait a few seconds, another window "Select Country & Language" pop up,
=> Country=Republic of Korea
=> Language=English
you can click ok to proceed

7) All Done and wait for finish!

8) Be Sure that after flashing to perform a reset as for some reason flashing this does not remove what was there before until you reset. By turning off, Holding down power and Vol Down until it comes up on the screen.

Please post your results.

RETURN TO STOCK AT&T Version ONLY!

Download
1. LGFlashTools v1.5 - Download
2. Drivers - Download
3. Download Both Stock Image File and DLL (Both Files) - Download
Credit to @madmack for making most of this Guide for the G Pro Which also works on our G2

Install
1. Install the LG drivers downloaded above.
2. Install LGFlashTools v1.5 (but don't run it)
3. Extract the TOT file from the ZIP

Drivers initialization
1. Put the phone into download mode. (Turn off device, keep pressing volume down while plugging in the micro usb cable. If this doesn't work, try holding both volume keys instead)
2. Let the phone initialize and install the drivers. Once done, in Device manager, you should see the LG phone listed under COM ports (something along these lines).
3. Find that LG entry in Device Manager, click on Properties, Advanced and then change the COM port to COM41 and close/save.
4. Unplug your phone! Important step.

LGFlashTools
To get this tool to work, you'll need to do a few tricks.
1. Set the computer's date to some time in July 2012 or before.
2. Disconnect the internet
3. Find a serial number or register key from somewhere on the web (a google search for lgflashtools serial will yield some results). Can't help you here and please don't share any keys in this thread or get us in trouble.
4. Execute the LGFlashTools. It should ask you for a key, put it in. Now you should see a dialog where you can load the DLL file and the TOT files that you extracted earlier. Put them both in here. Click ok

Flashing
5. There is a yellow arrow on the top left. Click on it to initialize the process. Once done, it should say "ready/finished" or whatever.
6. Put the phone in download mode again, and plug it into the USB port. LG FLash Tools should start flashing it automatically. When it's done, it'll automatically reboot into your stock AT&T rom and all of your data and internal sdcard files are gone.

Guide For Flashing the Verizon Version Here! - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960
And Here is the Download Link to the Verizon TOT file- [urlhttp://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda%2FLG+G2%2FStock%2FVerizon+G2%2F[/url]

BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD. DON`T POST ANY LINKS TO the LG-FIRMWARE site as most of there links are not even working, and also make you see an AD for 5 seconds to make money off of you for a dead link they are not even hosting they are just thieving off LG`s Servers and making money on it. Anyone That posts a link to it will be reported to the Mods or asked to remove. Thank You.!

My Links are ALWAYS hosted on MY servers for NO Downtime! If My site does NOT have what your looking for PM me or post what you want and I will try and get it for you

Thanks for the guide, but if you could change the download mode method to hold up button and plug in usb. I was trying for a while lol then found it on youtube.

Ars3nal
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseRxx View Post
Enter this website:
csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=IMEI

Replace IMEI in the link by the IMEI of your device.
You will get something like that:

<sw_version>D80210A_00</sw_version>
<sw_url>
csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW894986573210987654321/D80210A_00.kdz
</sw_url>
<sw_locale_url/>

Press thank´s button please.
Does this new link that you get after putting in the IMEI fix the stuck at 49% issue?

hyelton
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2204

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ars3nal View Post
Does this new link that you get after putting in the IMEI fix the stuck at 49% issue?
No it does not... It's will give you the SAME exact kdz file that is hosted on my server ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Build: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | Amd FX-6300 OC to 4.5Ghz | Nvidia GTX-650-Ti | 8GB 1600 | 120GB Samsung 840 SSD | 500GB Hard Drive | Windows 7 Pro | NZXT 810 White Case.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 (White)

Check out my Personal site and Photography www.hunterspad.com

Please Click Thanks If I helped you in any way!
If you need anything Hosted Or mirrored: Send a PM my Way
My Server Specs: 24X Intel Xeon E5-2620 2.1Ghz,32GB Ram,2TB HD

Ars3nal
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
No it does not... It's will give you the SAME exact kdz file that is hosted on my server ...

Do you have any idea how or if it is possible?

hyelton
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2204

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ars3nal View Post
Do you have any idea how or if it is possible?
It's just hit and miss. Idk Ive flashed several different models on my same machine and not once had an issue

My Build: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | Amd FX-6300 OC to 4.5Ghz | Nvidia GTX-650-Ti | 8GB 1600 | 120GB Samsung 840 SSD | 500GB Hard Drive | Windows 7 Pro | NZXT 810 White Case.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 (White)

Check out my Personal site and Photography www.hunterspad.com

Please Click Thanks If I helped you in any way!
If you need anything Hosted Or mirrored: Send a PM my Way
My Server Specs: 24X Intel Xeon E5-2620 2.1Ghz,32GB Ram,2TB HD

Ars3nal
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
It's just hit and miss. Idk Ive flashed several different models on my same machine and not once had an issue

So do you have any recommendations? I have a bricked phone here lol. Are there any alternate ways? Possible alternatives?

Kickoff
Old
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
It is really unbelievable how many people are struggling with this issue including me. In my case - I assume - the reason might be that I tried to install European Open 10B KDZ to my SEA10B handset because of the Lte issue. After that I had the security pin issue and after hard reset I lost 16GB. Solved the problem. However, since then I have had several issues in TWRP. No cache wipe, no system mount, bootloop, no restore ability, twrp backup disappeared....

On my home PC (Windows 8.1 64bit) I have always the 49% issue. On my work notebook (same OS) I can recover the system but always the SEA10B KDZ. Flashtool does not work.

Yesterday I sideloaded the new AOSP KitKat ROM and twrp said no OS. I let it to boot and it worked. For a while I will go with this, but I miss the Rayglobe ROM which I cannot install as well.

I would really like to know the reason behind the whole thing, mainly the LG security pin issue.

PS: the whole mismatch was caused by LG that is selling only the 16GB G2 in Hungary officially. Why this?????!!!

Fauert
Old
Thanks Meter 1431

DONATE TO ME
@wars045 (# 869) NOT true , i use Windows 8.1 64 bit , and all is fine ...
1 LG-G2 D802
1 LG-G3 D855

Hit the ***Thanks*** button if my post helped you.

daeikami
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My device does not go to download mode when I press the volume up and power Help me please

wars045
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
@up

power off device
pres vol up and plug usb cable

Tapatalk