Everyone has different preferences and expectations, so asking for a ROM suggestion is like going on an internet forum to ask people to decide for you what your favorite color is. Its also an insult to the devs that work so hard to bring us these ROMs, as suggesting one ROM, implies that the others are somehow inferior. Plus, performance and stability are not always a function of the ROM, but how you use it or have it setup. So again, what one person experiences, may not apply to you.
Just browse through the ROMs, pick one or a couple that look good to you, and flash away. This is what the rest of us do.
Flashing ROMs is very simple. Just read up, and it will come back to you. But in short:
1) Backup your app data with Titanium, if you wish. Backup other personal data as you wish.
2) Download or transfer ROM to the phone's SD
3) Reboot into recovery
4) Backup your current ROM, in case you decide to revert
5) Wipe Dalvik, cache, and factory reset in recovery (not in bootloader).
6) Flash the ROM
7) If hboot 1.14 or later, and S-On, then flash boot.img using fastboot
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!
Phone: HTC One X (AT&T version) Rooted, Bootloader Unlocked, S-Off
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (WiFi only) Rooted