- This requires a PC.
- No CWM needed.
- This installs a Chinese root manager rather than superuser or superSU. But I will teach you how to replace it below.
1. Download the rooting application. (This app can root many other devices )
***mod edit links removed
2. Install the app. This is a Chinese app so I will guide you. Below is a step by step screenshot attached guide.
Don't create start menu. (as you wish)
Create desktop icon.
Finish. Uncheck if you dont want to start the rooting app now.
3. Start VROOT and root now!
Now connect your device and you it will get detected. (Make sure USB Debugging is turned ON in your device)
Click the Green bottom right button and wait for rooting process to be done.
When this shows up, device will reboot, now you can unplug your device.
4. Now we need to install SuperSU from play store to replace the Chinese root manager called 授权管理 1.0.4.
5. Go to play store and install SuperSU.
6. Start SuperSU and you will be asked for permission by 授权管理 1.0.4, choose 允许(means allow). (Should be the right side option.)
7. SuperSU will prompt to install SU binary, go ahead with OK and it will display successful.
8. Now, freeze 授权管理 1.0.4 in titanium backup, just in case you need it again.
Note: If you uninstall straight away from app manager, you need to make sure SuperSU updated the binary.
9. Re-run SuperSU to make sure everything is alright. You will be prompt again to install SU binary, just do what it asked.
10. After that, you are rooted with SuperSU and 授权管理 1.0.4 will not be there anymore.
11. If you want to be more assured, in SuperSU app, prepare for a Reinstall in settings. (NOT Full unroot NOT Switch superuser app)
12. SuperSU will be removed and go back to play store to re-download and install.
13. Start SuperSU and SuperSU will prompt to install SU binary, go ahead with OK and it will display successful.