Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][SHARE] VRoot 1.6.0.3690 - 1-Click Root Method - Lenovo A706, Walkman F800 etc

Tip us?

zhuhang
Old
(Last edited by diestarbucks; 6th November 2013 at 01:44 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11499

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROOT][SHARE] VRoot 1.6.0.3690 - 1-Click Root Method - Lenovo A706, Walkman F800 etc

Easier One Click Rooting Method

Supported devices:

Change log:
http://www.mgyun.com/vroot/UpdateLog

Disclaimer:
- This requires a PC.
- No CWM needed.
- This installs a Chinese root manager rather than superuser or superSU. But I will teach you how to replace it below.

Instruction:
1. Download the rooting application. (This app can root many other devices )
***mod edit links removed
2. Install the app. This is a Chinese app so I will guide you. Below is a step by step screenshot attached guide.

Start the exe you downloaded. Click Next.

Next.

Don't create start menu. (as you wish)

Create desktop icon.

Finish. Uncheck if you dont want to start the rooting app now.

3. Start VROOT and root now!

Rooting app started. This will pop-up.

Now connect your device and you it will get detected. (Make sure USB Debugging is turned ON in your device)
Click the Green bottom right button and wait for rooting process to be done.

When this shows up, device will reboot, now you can unplug your device.

4. Now we need to install SuperSU from play store to replace the Chinese root manager called 授权管理 1.0.4.
5. Go to play store and install SuperSU.
6. Start SuperSU and you will be asked for permission by 授权管理 1.0.4, choose 允许(means allow). (Should be the right side option.)
7. SuperSU will prompt to install SU binary, go ahead with OK and it will display successful.
8. Now, freeze 授权管理 1.0.4 in titanium backup, just in case you need it again.
Note: If you uninstall straight away from app manager, you need to make sure SuperSU updated the binary.
9. Re-run SuperSU to make sure everything is alright. You will be prompt again to install SU binary, just do what it asked.
10. After that, you are rooted with SuperSU and 授权管理 1.0.4 will not be there anymore.

Optional
11. If you want to be more assured, in SuperSU app, prepare for a Reinstall in settings. (NOT Full unroot NOT Switch superuser app)
12. SuperSU will be removed and go back to play store to re-download and install.
13. Start SuperSU and SuperSU will prompt to install SU binary, go ahead with OK and it will display successful.
The Following 98 Users Say Thank You to zhuhang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gr8techie
Old
(Last edited by gr8techie; 8th September 2013 at 10:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Hi zhuhang.

Thanks for taking the time to post a usable guide for the VROOT method here.

Just wanted to confirm that this works on my Huawei MediaPad 10 Link tablet also.

I suggest that you create a post with a list of all devices with which this rooting method works.

Also, there is a problem when I tried to uninstall the chinese root manager after installing superSU. I am getting error when updating the superSU binary after uninstalling the chinese root manager from Titanium Backup.

Check this and let me know. I will also add this to the ROOT post of the Lenovo A706 thread.

Thanks.
If I helped you in anyway, Please show some courtesy & hit the THANKS button!

---------
Current Phones:

Sony Xperia C (C2305) Black, on Stock 4.2.2 Rooted | | Samsung Galaxy S4 [i9505] Black on Stock 4.3

Xperia Z1 (Sold) > iPhone 5 [16GB] (w/ Mom) > Galaxy Note 3 [SM-N900] (Sold) > Nokia Lumia 820 (Sold) > LG Optimus White (Sold) > Nokia Lumia 620 (Sold) > Sony Xperia TX on Stock Jelly Bean (w/ Sis) > Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo [MT15i] (Sold)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gr8techie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zhuhang
Old
(Last edited by zhuhang; 8th September 2013 at 12:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11499

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8techie View Post
Hi zhuhang.

Thanks for taking the time to post a usable guide for the VROOT method here.

Just wanted to confirm that this works on my Huawei MediaPad 10 Link tablet also.

I suggest that you create a post with a list of all devices with which this rooting method works.

Also, there is a problem when I tried to uninstall the chinese root manager after installing superSU. I am getting error when updating the superSU binary after uninstalling the chinese root manager from Titanium Backup.

Check this and let me know. I will also add this to the ROOT post of the Lenovo A706 thread.

Thanks.
Yes, that's the only part I'm afraid of where user getting error updating binary after uninstalling chinese root manager.

Did you install supersu before uninstalling chinese root?

Idk the list of supported device, I know there's a lot.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zhuhang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gr8techie
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuhang View Post
Yes, that's the only part I'm afraid of where user getting error updating binary after uninstalling chinese root manager.

Did you install supersu before uninstalling chinese root?

Idk the list of supported device, I know there's a lot.
yes, I installed the superSU from Playstore before uninstalling the chinese root manager app just as you had mentioned in your instructions.
If I helped you in anyway, Please show some courtesy & hit the THANKS button!

---------
Current Phones:

Sony Xperia C (C2305) Black, on Stock 4.2.2 Rooted | | Samsung Galaxy S4 [i9505] Black on Stock 4.3

Xperia Z1 (Sold) > iPhone 5 [16GB] (w/ Mom) > Galaxy Note 3 [SM-N900] (Sold) > Nokia Lumia 820 (Sold) > LG Optimus White (Sold) > Nokia Lumia 620 (Sold) > Sony Xperia TX on Stock Jelly Bean (w/ Sis) > Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo [MT15i] (Sold)

zhuhang
Old
Thanks Meter 11499

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8techie View Post
yes, I installed the superSU from Playstore before uninstalling the chinese root manager app just as you had mentioned in your instructions.
Hmm, i not sure how exactly did I did that, I will retry later.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zhuhang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Augustine02
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Useful
The Following User Says Thank You to Augustine02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bojan.miletic
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Thanks

this is awesome I have rooted my optimus l5 e610 with v20g firmware
The Following User Says Thank You to bojan.miletic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luisdavim
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is there a version that does not require a windows PC?
The Following User Says Thank You to luisdavim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

richard24
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for this! I was able to root my Starmobile Icon (i-mobile IQ 1.1)
HTC One V

ROM: Paranoid Android 2.53
Kernel: Hellboy
The Following User Says Thank You to richard24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fanbars33
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It`s all work!
Thanx!

The Following User Says Thank You to fanbars33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
one click, root, supersu, superuser, vroot
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe