Discussion: other devices and upgrading

Search This thread

XxSilent.NightmarexX

Jul 21, 2010
Los Angeles/El Monte
Probably the pink note 3, I've only had black or white phones, maybe it's time for an exotic color for a phone. Lmao probably the only one amongst my friends that will have a pink phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

bso44

Oct 2, 2010

Sleestax

Jun 27, 2008
Atlanta
Note 3 as soon as my contract is up in February. There should be some sweet ROMs by then too.

*edit* Since Sprint decided to nerf the Note 3 with single band LTE, I'll be waiting for something else. I'm so glad Dazed has revived the Wicked Sensations ROM as I will be on thr SGS3 until next May.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

shazo85

May 7, 2011
I have to make a decision on what I'm going to do. I would like the Note 3, but my contract isn't up till August. I really don't want to stay with Sprint if the LTE in my area, 15-20 minutes from downtown St. Louis MO on the IL side, is going to be as bad as it is. I can get 4G LTE in Edwardsville IL fine however in Granite City IL, where I live, and some other areas I'm not getting it or it is hit and miss. I have been in the middle of it and still not been able to get it or not be able to stay connected to it. If they are not done in the are and it gets better I will keep the service till then and hold off till the Note 4 and keep my S3 as a backup. If they are done and this is the best it is going to get I'm going to T-Mobile. So it is stay till my contract is up, pay the ETF or try to get out of the ETF and hand over my S3. If I stay till my contract is up to switch then again I might as well hold off till the Note 4. Also if I go to T-Mobile and they're service is bad then I might as well drop them, pay full price for the phone and go with Straight Talk for the 45 a month. Only issue with that is now I don't have a warranty and if something happens to the phone I have to buy a new one at full price.

I was all excited for the Galaxy Gear, but after seeing it and thinking about it when I have been reading all the stuff on the Pulse reader I'm thinking I wont get it. I would like a smart watch, but none of them are causing me to want to buy them. I thought the Gear would be it, but it wasn't. I guess I will hold out to see what Google comes out with. I'm sure it will be stock Android that is made for a watch, and probably be called Nexus something or something Nexus. However I'm not having high expectations for it like I did with the Gear.

The last thing that was to be announced the other day that I was wanting to hear about was the camera from Sony. The price seems a little high to me for both and I'm not sure if I'm wanting it just because it is new tech to play around with. The price and the fact that if I'm going to carry that around and a phone I might as well just take a camera with me.

mainstang

May 4, 2008
I'm trying to decide between the note 3 and the g2. I like the big screen and expandable storage and battery of the note 3. But the g2 has a better camera and triband lte so that it will match all future upgrades that sprint does to its network.

Which would you all choose.

Sent from my glitter pony

betoishly

Sep 24, 2010
Waxhachie
Definitely Nexus 5. I miss the clean uncluttered feel of the nexus line. Last time I had a nexus device was back the the Nexus S came out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: schroder509

BubZX

Jul 5, 2011
Has anyone looked in to the sprint one up program yet? If so how exactly does it work?

BubZX

Jul 5, 2011
HTC one max is looking pretty sweet with its bigger than the note 3 screen and support of triband lte

Sleestax

Jun 27, 2008
Atlanta
HTC one max is looking pretty sweet with its bigger than the note 3 screen and support of triband lte

Sealed battery makes it a no go for me. Which sucks because I was hoping it could replace the Note 3 on my wish list.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

bsaucier0810

Mar 1, 2012
Plainfield, CT
"The Galaxy S4 should start receiving the update on 10/28 on Verizon, 11/13 on AT&T, 10/30 on Sprint and 11/18 on T-Mobile. The Galaxy S3 will get it on Verizon starting on 11/22, AT&T on 11/13, Sprint on 11/6 and T-Mobile on 11/25."

SOURCE:http://m.christianpost.com/news/gal...for-att-verizon-t-mobile-and-sprint--107475/

Sent from the future using Tapatalk 4!

Please, when you don't have an answer and others spend their time looking for it for YOU, hit the thanks button, it is appreciated. So, if I helped you out, thank me by giving me a thumbs up!

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
I've been contemplating the N5 as well (once I learned the Google Play unlocked model will activate on Sprint).
I'm read for pure google and KitKat + earlier updates.

I don't really use any TW specific functionality and $399 for 32gb and no extending the contract is pretty good.
I want to move to T-Mobile next summer once my contract is over.

I may pull the trigger tonight or tomorrow.... we'll see

coogrrr94

Jan 20, 2011
I've got the itch for a new phone. At first I was thinking Nexus 5, then LG G2, now I'm leaning toward waiting for the Galaxy S5. Hopefully it will come out sooner in 2014 rather than later. I love the look of the HTC One but I feel like if I just wait a little longer the specs of next year's phones will blow it away.

aenews

Jul 29, 2013
Bakersfield
Humm... My 2 Cents

Would say HTC One Max is not worth it as it has the older Snapdragon 600 processor and lacks a MicroSD card slot and a removable battery. It does look nice though! The LG Nexus 5 is probably not worth it. It does have the Snapdragon 800 and 2 GB RAM, but... It only comes in 16/32 GB variants both without microSD card slots so no expandability. Really the craze about the Nexus 5 is nothing amazing. It comes with pure Android but you can get solid AOSP ROMs on all the other competitors anyway. On the other hand, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is probably the phone to get. It has the same new Snapdragon 800 processor as all its rivals but Samsung went ballistic and gave it 3 GB RAM. That's insane. None of the other competitors have that much RAM. And of course it has a microSD card slot and removable battery. The Sony Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra are also very much worth getting, both with the Snapdragon 800 and the more standard 2 GB RAM along with microSD card slots albeit no removable batteries. They are unique in that they are waterproof and have nice cameras and all and seem to be lower priced than the Note 3. Right now, the Note 3 seems pretty locked up but hopefully devs will make the phone go round so it is ROM friendly. Some carriers are worse than others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    It's that time of year again when all the new phones will start rolling out.
    Please use only this thread to discuss devices other than the Sprint S3 or to compare them and your upgrading options.
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    I've been doing this to iPhone users all day today. Lol! http://miscellaneousmischief.com/textinprogress.html
    I'd have to get a new one as I plan to ditch Sprint for straight talk. Save about $40 a month.
    I took the prepaid route also. Sold my s3 and bought an amazing condition White 16GB Nexus 5 and am now on T-Mobile $30 plan and couldn't be anymore happier. Switching off of sprint was the best decision I've ever made
    S5 whoa getting that as there next. Phone?

this guy! :D

I really like Samsung but not a fan of the Knox crap at all

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I got a bad taste in my mouth from HTC Evo (1st one). The radio in it seemed really weak.

Everything on the original EVO was pretty weak compared to the stuff out today... It seems the specs almost double every year and the EVO was 5-6 years ago.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png