Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[USERS CAN REQUEST][TUTORIAL]Motorola Defy Mini XT320/XT321 Custom SBF with fastboot

Tip us?

rootdefyxt320
Old
(Last edited by rootdefyxt320; 31st December 2013 at 12:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 371
Default [USERS CAN REQUEST][TUTORIAL]Motorola Defy Mini XT320/XT321 Custom SBF with fastboot

Hey Defy Mini Users, I've been able to make custom SBF's and include fastboot and Bootloader 01.0a in them.

Refer to this post for a new way to root Defy Mini XT320/XT321 for those without fastboot: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=41

Refer to this post if you don't understand on how to root Defy Mini XT320/XT321: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=70 Thanks to @jonaut

Request which firmware you want me to do and I will do it for you.

Now you don't need to do Alin Razvan method anymore to obtain fastboot. This method is based on @ManOLCZ method. So credits to him for the original method. I went a step further by including an older bootloader. Bootloader 01.0a can fix battery charging issues if you are not using original Defy Mini Battery and it is the native bootloader for fastboot mode.

How to get Bootloader 01.0a and fastboot on Motorola Defy Mini XT320/XT321 SBF:

1. Download the attachments below.
2. Extract all the zip files
3. Open Motorola Android Depacker and select the button 'Open From file' and select the SBF file for your phone and open it.
4. Click on the button 'Split to folder' to split your desired SBF file.
5. Now select the button 'Open from File' and change the selection of file type to 'MOTOBLUR mbn image (*CG2.smg)' go to the folder called nameofsbf-extracted which contains CG2.smg and open it.

NOTE: nameofsbf-extracted this means the name of the SBF file with the word extracted at the end. Here's an example: TNBST_4_0A.1F.0ERPS_flex_WE_Orange_Spain-extracted

6. Now go to the folder CG2-Extracted to and replace the files with the one from the 2nd attachment.
7. Now go to Motorola Android Depacker and select 'Open Files Folder' and select the folder named CG2-Extracted.
8. Select 'compile file' and it should be place in a folder named rebuilt
9. Now copy the custom CG2.smg to folder with the files named 'firmware.hmg' and 'RAMDLD.smg'
10. Now open SBF Recalc and select the button 'Open CG-Folder' and select where CG2.smg, firmware.hmg and RAMDLD.smg are.
11. Now select 'Create SBF-File' and wait for a moment. Now wait a moment and your custom SBF file will be created.
12. Your SBF is now ready to be flashed with RSD-Lite.

Guys all Defy Mini XT320/XT321 SBF's are all hosted here: http://www.filefactory.com/f/835cff656c4785cd

Thanks to @daywalker04
Attached Files
File Type: rar SBF-Recalc_1.2.9.1.rar - [Click for QR Code] (749.4 KB, 1866 views)
File Type: zip Defy Mini Fastboot Files.zip - [Click for QR Code] (285.1 KB, 1784 views)
File Type: zip MotoAndroidDepacker1.2alpha-3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (46.6 KB, 1561 views)
Devices:
Motorola Defy Mini XT320- Stock 2.3.6 Rooted.
Sony Xperia X10 Mini Pro U20i- Cyanogenmod 10.

Press the thanks button if I helped you instead of saying thanks

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to rootdefyxt320 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ManOLCZ
Old
(Last edited by ManOLCZ; 11th September 2013 at 10:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ManOLCZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

baso53
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Does anyone know which .sbf is the newest? I mean by having the most recently updated software.

ManOLCZ
Old
(Last edited by ManOLCZ; 8th September 2013 at 05:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Greetings from Czech Republic to Čakovec.For your region you can find the rom here:
***.droidevelopers.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=112

rootdefyxt320
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by baso53 View Post
Does anyone know which .sbf is the newest? I mean by having the most recently updated software.
This firmware is the newest: TNBST_4_17.21.A7RPS_flex_WE_Retail_Nordics_v4_0816 _NOAPR_sec_20120816_MSU.sbf
Devices:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rootdefyxt320 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

baso53
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootdefyxt320 View Post
This firmware is the newest: TNBST_4_17.21.A7RPS_flex_WE_Retail_Nordics_v4_0816 _NOAPR_sec_20120816_MSU.sbf
Actually that Nordics .sbf was compiled on the same day as TNBST_4_0A.1F.49RPS_flex_WE_Orange_Spain_v24.sbf so those two are most recent.
Thanks anyway.

ManOLCZ
Old
Thanks Meter 6
What are the advantages of implementing Bootloader 01.0a?
Any info,please...

Quote:
Hey Defy Mini Users, I've been able to make custom SBF's and include fastboot and Bootloader 01.0a in them.

Now you don't need to do Alin Razvan method anymore to obtain fastboot.

3. Open Motorola Android Depacker and select the button 'Open From file' and select the SBF file for your phone and open it.
5. Now select the button 'Open from File' and change the selection of file type to 'MOTOBLUR mbn image (*CG2.smg)' go to the folder called nameofsbf-extracted which contains CG2.smg and open it.

NOTE: nameofsbf-extracted this means the name of the SBF file with the word extracted at the end. Here's an example: TNBST_4_0A.1F.0ERPS_flex_WE_Orange_Spain-extracted

6. Now go to the folder CG2-Extracted to and replace the files with the one from the 2nd attachment.
7. Now go to Motorola Android Depacker and select 'Open Files Folder' and select the folder named CG2-Extracted.
9. Now copy the custom CG2.smg to folder with the files named 'firmware.hmg' and 'RAMDLD.smg'
10. Now open SBF Recalc and select the button 'Open CG-Folder' and select where CG2.smg, firmware.hmg and RAMDLD.smg are.
11. Now select 'Create SBF-File' and wait for a moment. Now wait a moment and your custom SBF file will be created.

rootdefyxt320
Old
(Last edited by rootdefyxt320; 11th September 2013 at 07:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOLCZ View Post
What are the advantages of implementing Bootloader 01.0a?
Any info,please...
The advantages is that it accepts any battery for Defy Mini, fixes battery charging issues when you use another battery and it is the native bootloader for fastboot.
Devices:

juliusaea
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Firmware request

Quote:

Now you don't need to do Alin Razvan method anymore to obtain fastboot. This method is based on @ManOLCZ method. So credits to him for the original method. I went a step further by including an older bootloader. Bootloader 01.0a can fix battery charging issues if you are not using original Defy Mini Battery and it is the native bootloader for fastboot mode.

Excellent tutorial bro !! I tried the Alin Razvan method semi-flashing the Orange Spain rom but I was not quick enough and now I have the spanish rom and no signal in my Defy Mini. Since you said we can request any firmware from you, could you please help me with this one? :

Software version: TNBST_4_0A.21.21RPS
Flex version : WE_RTGB_v14_0512_FLEXTNBST

My telephone company is Claro Dominican Republic.

Thanks in advance.

rootdefyxt320
Old
(Last edited by rootdefyxt320; 13th September 2013 at 07:04 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliusaea View Post
Excellent tutorial bro !! I tried the Alin Razvan method semi-flashing the Orange Spain rom but I was not quick enough and now I have the spanish rom and no signal in my Defy Mini. Since you said we can request any firmware from you, could you please help me with this one? :

Software version: TNBST_4_0A.21.21RPS
Flex version : WE_RTGB_v14_0512_FLEXTNBST

My telephone company is Claro Dominican Republic.

Thanks in advance.
Ok, press thanks button when I do it for you.
@juliusaea Here is your firmware

http://www.filefactory.com/file/6jor...c_20120514.zip

Password for zip file is mod2xtreme.com or droidevelopers.com
Devices:

The Following User Says Thank You to rootdefyxt320 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
bootloader 01.0a, defy mini xt320/xt321, downgrade bootloader, fastboot, sbf