fastboot mode adb

Search This thread

Tjisana

Dec 3, 2011
I downloaded minimal adb and fastboot from another thread

I had to disable "enforce driver signature" to install drivers for the device. Now I have an item in my device manager called "Samsung Android Phone" with "Android ADB interface"

I have tried command "adb devices" and it recognises my device

When I try "fastboot devices" nothing happens.

Maybe I don't know how to put the device into fastboot, but i thought all i needed to do was press and hold : power vol+ vol- and the device would reboot into fastboot.

Ultimately I am trying to unlock the bootloader and root, but the toolkit I am using get stuck as "waiting for device"

Any help would be appreciated

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
I downloaded minimal adb and fastboot from another thread

I had to disable "enforce driver signature" to install drivers for the device. Now I have an item in my device manager called "Samsung Android Phone" with "Android ADB interface"

I have tried command "adb devices" and it recognises my device

When I try "fastboot devices" nothing happens.

Maybe I don't know how to put the device into fastboot, but i thought all i needed to do was press and hold : power vol+ vol- and the device would reboot into fastboot.

Ultimately I am trying to unlock the bootloader and root, but the toolkit I am using get stuck as "waiting for device"

Any help would be appreciated

You probably did this but just to check:
1. Start cmd.
2. Navigate to your adb/fastboot folder.
3. Check if USB debugging is enabled.
4. Type "adb reboot bootloader" in the cmd window.
5. Type "fastboot devices".
6. Type "fastboot oem unlock" (THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA, data+internal storage).
7. Type "fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img".
8. Navigate to recovery option in the bootloader. And boot into recovery by pressing the power button.
9. Flash the latest supersu and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
10. Reboot.
11. Profit.

If it doesnt work at the step "adb reboot booloader" or "fastboot devices" you prabably are having a driver issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

silentarts

Mar 13, 2012
please help with fastboot/bootloader mode

You probably did this but just to check:
1. Start cmd.
2. Navigate to your adb/fastboot folder.
3. Check if USB debugging is enabled.
4. Type "adb reboot bootloader" in the cmd window.
5. Type "fastboot devices".
6. Type "fastboot oem unlock" (THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA, data+internal storage).
7. Type "fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img".
8. Navigate to recovery option in the bootloader. And boot into recovery by pressing the power button.
9. Flash the latest supersu and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
10. Reboot.

I tried this, but all my device does at step 4 is a normal reboot. I am able to fully use adb without any issues...

My device is a Titan Allwinner A20 Softwiner sun7i Tablet...

Does this mean that it does not have a fastboot/bootloader mode?

Thanks for your help...

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
I only know this for the Nexus 10. Maybe look up the thread for your device and see whats there. Or use google

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
I tried this, but all my device does at step 4 is a normal reboot. I am able to fully use adb without any issues...

My device is a Titan Allwinner A20 Softwiner sun7i Tablet...

Does this mean that it does not have a fastboot/bootloader mode?

Thanks for your help...

Hi,

This forum is dedicated to Nexus 10 only, I don't believe that we can be of wide help for you ;).

The fastboot commands only work for Nexus devices, so as you don't own one and can't even get boot loader mode, then I'm sorry but here is not the place that you may seek advice.

~Lord

"All I Ever Needed Was A Little Piece of Hope" - World of Fantasy (Helloween)
Sent from my monstrous Xperia Z1

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
True this isn't the place for the question, and the answer is you probably do not have a bootloader that is capable of interacting with the fastboot binary.
However fastboot is not only for nexus devices, virtually all HTC android devices are able to use fastboot, same with many Motorola, Sony and lg devices.
But again, more than likely your device will not work with fastboot
Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app