Part 1, 2 & 3: Root, backup TA and unlock the bootloader
== Part 1: Rooting the Xperia Z1 ==
It seems rooting at the moment will work with a tool called 360rot, you can download it here: 360 root homepage
. this tool sadly is in chinese language, I'll try to find out which rooting method it uses ot create an English exploit.
You can also use vroot, I'll discuss this one too
- You need to download vroot here: vroot homepage
- Install vroot, I just clicked next, next, next until it finished installation
I don't understand Chinese, but I rooted my phone
- Open up vroot and connect your Xperia Z1, you need to get something like this:
- Click the green button to start rooting
- When it finished you're phone will restart and you'll get this:
_ Voila, your phone is now rooted
For now this is the guide I made, thanks to @yeeson
for helping me with translating the chinese and giving me screenshots for root 360
- Download and open 360 root
- You'll get a prompt about needing to close the following conflicting service before continuing: adb.exe
- turn on usb-debugging in settings => developer options, and connect your phone
- Open 360 Root again, at this time the upper left corner shows a red font but it isn't to root:
- Click the green button in the bottom right corner, this button is to start rooting your device:
- Progress bar will advance automatically, it can restart a few times, just let it do it's magic!
- When it finished, on top there will be a message: Congratulations, rooting was succesfull:
- To get Root permissions, click the green button in the bottom right corner again now.
- Then the top left corner displays a blue font, this means you are rooted:
== Part 2: Backup TA ==
To backup your TA partition you can use this wonderfull tool created by @DevShaft
You can find it here: [Tool] Backup TA v9.7 for Windows
== Part 3: Unlock your bootloader ==
Unlocking your bootloader means you'll be ablet to flash custom kernels and more roms, like CM, AOKP, PAC and all other source based roms. What you need is a pc with adb acces.
You can download the adb files:
- Windows: Will add these later
- MAC: Will add these later
This procedure will wipe the /data partition of your phone, so you will loose all your stored data, settings. SDCARD will BE WIPED!!!
- DRM keys WILL be lost during this process
For Xperia™ devices released 2013 or later (for example Xperia™ Z and Xperia™ Z1), the SD card of your device will be formatted and you will lose all content (for example photos, music, videos) when you unlock the boot loader.
Unlocking the bootloader isn't a difficult process, just follow the steps:
- Go to the official sony site for unlocking the bootloader and follow instructions there: Unlock Xperia Bootloader
Please check my brand new site: Xperia-dev.be
please consider donating me something to buy the new Xperia devices or maintain my site in the future if you like my work, thank you very much
Don't pm me for silly questions, post in the threads please!
Devices I have:
- Xperia Z1
Current devices I develop for:
- Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra
- Xperia ZL, Xperia Z, Xperia Tablet Z
What I do:
- Member of Team AC!D, developer of Xperia Z Revolution Rom, Xperia ZL Revolution rom, Xperia S Revolution rom, Xperia Carbon rom's with tweaked kernel, and more!