Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,907 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you think there will be WM5 for the Magician?
Yes, official by HTC 7 10.45%
Yes, a leaked one 19 28.36%
Maybe, but I'm not betting on it too much 16 23.88%
Yes, a build by buzz the greatest 12 17.91%
No, never 13 19.40%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think there will be WM5 for the Magician?

Tip us?

rjtd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Do you think there will be WM5 for the Magician?

So, what do you think?

(I hope this is not considered a rant)

kneeslasher
Old
Thanks Meter 1
We're actually just waiting on the Buzz/Raptor news. We'll all kno the answer soon enough I guess.

kta
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I agree, if the news is coming from Buzz, I have no doubt whether the ROM exists or not.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510
Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300)

tjempeng
Old
Thanks Meter 0
well if it's not going to come available, i'm not going to sit and cry about it. I'm still very happy with it as it is :D
I love my Magician !
Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
4.0.4 stock (not happy with it and want to go back to 2.3.6 rooted)

tjempeng
Old
Thanks Meter 0
well if it's not going to come available, i'm not going to sit and cry about it. I'm still very happy with it as it is :D
I love my Magician !
Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
4.0.4 stock (not happy with it and want to go back to 2.3.6 rooted)
TheBrit Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjempeng
I love my Magician !
Me too.

elefas
Old
Thanks Meter 22
What will change with wm2005? There are tons of wm2003 applications for our devices to keep us satisfied for long long time. I am not saying that I am not interested in getting a working rom for magician, but if this doesn't happen in the right way (official upgrade) we will have many problems and no support at all. So apart from satisfying our curiosity what is our gain?

I must admit that I am rather curious mind, so I'll probably be one of the first to try to put the wm2005 rom in my magician, but I am not expecting much and I am sure after some day coping with the problems I and many others would like to switch back to the good old wm2003.

Anyway I wish good luck to Buzz and all the other guys invloved in this "adventurous" project.

kta
Old
Thanks Meter 15
If there weren't any improvements Microsoft wouldn't have released it in the first place. It's a bit like asking what's the difference between Win98 and Win XP. Just when it came out everyone was like "Nah ... I'll stick to Win98" etc. When people start using it on a daily basis they wouldn't do without.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to:

1) Permament Storage
2) Better synchronisation with Outlook (inc. Contact Pictures)
3) Improved one-hand operation
4) Improved PIM

and the list goes on and on.

I sure can live with WM2003SE, but a stable WM5 is definitely my preferred option.

elefas
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kta
If there weren't any improvements Microsoft wouldn't have released it in the first place. It's a bit like asking what's the difference between Win98 and Win XP. Just when it came out everyone was like "Nah ... I'll stick to Win98" etc. When people start using it on a daily basis they wouldn't do without.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to:

1) Permament Storage
2) Better synchronisation with Outlook (inc. Contact Pictures)
3) Improved one-hand operation
4) Improved PIM

and the list goes on and on.

I sure can live with WM2003SE, but a stable WM5 is definitely my preferred option.
I am not talking about an official version but for a leaked one. The official of course should be better and have more benefits! That's undoubtable!

And if you are wondering for the difference about win98 and XP, try installing and living with XP on a Pentium 166. Simply you can't because p166 was not designed to be able to handle winXP.

kta
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I own a computer shop and people where asking for Windows 98 on a Pentium 4 - 1.4GHz with 256 or 512MB RAM!

Regarding WM5, agreed, I'm only talking about a stable version (whether it's official or not). Mind you, the WM5 we're all waiting for IS MEANT to run on the Magician as it was specifically built for it. Otherwise it wouldn't work in the first place.

And according to Microsoft, the Magician meets the WM5 minimum requirements, mainly being an Xscale compatible CPU, 64MB RAM and 64MB ROM.