JASJAR / UNIVERSAL - BUGS N TWEAKS
Just thought I would start a forum Dedicated to one location to document any Bugs that are known, and possible solutions. So if you have any known bugs, or if you have known tweaks, please post.
I have only had the JASJAR for 2 days now, and notice the following issues:
1. Significant amounts of my old software that was working on WM2003SE will not run on WM2005 for example:
SPB - The screen short cuts work fine, but the rest doesnt, no tweaks to PIE, no battery status, no "CLOSE" fix. This is a big problem, cause everything you open stays open unless you close it all via running programs.
KSE Fax - didnt work
Resco Explorer - didnt work
MSVC - didnt work, wont uninstall!!
Pocket Dictate - didnt work
Navman SmartST - didnt work, so didnt get to test the GPS port technology.
Flashdash - didnt work, per supplier working on a fix.
PHM Registry editor - didnt work
2. Text messages dont appear to be deleting, they come back on reset
3. Mortgage calculator due to VB Runtime not supported
4. Couldnt activate MS Reader even though its a microsoft product!!
5. No backup software which is a pain when you are installing software to test, and then cant install it, or your not certain its properly uninstalled
6. No VGA output, or cannot locate how to display on alternative screens such as data projectors. I got the back pack with the XDA II, but cannot find an option here.
7. Serious slow downs due to applications not closing
8. Seem to be a problem with the Blue tooth headset activating the voice command when its switched off.
9. calculator is still the basic model, not the advanced version you can get on your PC.
10. Cant find the registry hack to show the date not just the time.
11. Couldnt get avantgo to work.
12. Explorer still takes a very long time to explore the windows directory, and still doesnt allow a properties view on it.
Some of these might be because I simply couldnt be bothered tweaking some of these, or looking at possible fixes.
I can also see some serious memory issues and the need for a good SD card is going to be important. Speaking of which, allows the ability to automatically/select install to SD card, which is a bonus, dont need cabinstall anymore. Even so,
BUT OVERALL, I think its a nice device, only just released, nice and clear screen, great functionality, good WIFI without serious battery drains compared to what I am used to, BT Headset works usually. I am still to get the MMS and GPRS operational, and dont know anybody that can use 3G yet.
Synchronising music with WMP10 is a good feature, and it can be setup to synchronise your videos and pictures I think.
So, what do the rest of you think please list your bug bears, and if you see a fix great, and any suggested tweaks or software that does work on your devices would be great. Hoping for a long and fruitful post of consolidated tweaks and bugs.