Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 52,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where to buy the original Mcs-04wr and original premium usb cable that came with the

Tip us?

Attackcenter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Where to buy the original Mcs-04wr and original premium usb cable that came with the

I looked all over, but i could not find the original Mcs-04wr (1.8a) and original premium usb cable (thick grade cable) that came with the At&t LG-E980. I could always buy an anker charger or a verizon thick grade 2.1a rapid charger. Although the cable that came with this phone is the best i have seen so far, as its premium thick grade, and it of course fits the phone perfectly and tight. Unlike the premium thick grade monoprice usb cables that even know the quality appears to be good, the connection to the Lg Optiumus Pro G loosens quickly sometimes in just matter of days making your charge go on and off.

Anybody know where to get the original cord and cable? Or any ideas?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4

Attackcenter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
hi.
I saw that one also at ebay. That's not like the premium thick grade usb cable that comes with the At&t-E980 is it? Cause that cable is thicker than any Usb cable I have ever seen included with a new smartphone.

Crinos512
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I am using this one with my car charger, is nice and thick and handles the full speed charging very nicely.

Samsung 2.5 feet Micro USB Data Cable for the Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Black
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Currently: LG Optimus G Pro

Retired: Dell Streak 5 (the Original Phablet)
The Following User Says Thank You to Crinos512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Attackcenter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crinos512 View Post
I am using this one with my car charger, is nice and thick and handles the full speed charging very nicely.

Samsung 2.5 feet Micro USB Data Cable for the Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Black
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like one of the thinner thickness grade cables. I had one left over from an old Samsung charger. It seemed to work. I am looking for either the original cable or one that fits well of the same grade.

Right now i settled on the OEM-Samsung-ETA-U90JWE-White-2-0-Charger-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S4. It has a thicker premium grade usb cable. Not sure if they upgraded the size even further for the Gs4. This is also the original charger that came with the white At&t Note 2. i will see when i get it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-OE...:X:AAQ:US:1123

solaris2k
Old
Thanks Meter 47
You ever try local pawn shops?

I'm a phone junkie!
The Following User Says Thank You to solaris2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Attackcenter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
No. Doesn't seem like you would find the very latest stuff there though would you?

I am very happy with the Galaxy S4 / Note 2 chargers + usb cables that I previously referenced. They are the most highest quality 2.0a compliant I could find except the Verizon Rapid Chargers. They charge my Lg Optimus Pro G and my Astro 3 2nd Generation 12000 external battery at full speed. The chargers/cables also appear to be authentic with code tags, Samsung label on the usb cable bags, and a verizon tag on the usb cables.