Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy S3 Mini will get KITKAT!!!

OP luise_sarmiento

5th January 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Well, I also sent an email to Samsung and I finally got an answer.

Dank u voor uw e-mail met betrekking tot uw Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini. U geeft aan dat u wilt weten wanneer de volgende update uitkomt en welke versie dit is.
Graag had ik u dit verteld, echter hebben wij geen informatie over updates meneer. Deze worden ons ook zeer kort van tevoren bekend gemaakt en dit is over de SIII Mini nog niet bekendgemaakt. Daarom kan ik u nu niets met zekerheid aangeven. Ik hoop u hiermee voldoende geinformeerd te hebben en wens u nog een hele fijne zondag.
Heeft u nog vragen dan kunt u altijd contact opnemen met ons Contact Center. Dit kan telefonisch, via e-mail of via de live chat op onze website.
Met vriendelijke groet,
Huseyin Tas

And here you go in English (I used Google translate )

Thank you for your email regarding your Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini. You indicate that you want to know when the next update comes out and what version it is.
I would have told you this, but we have no information about updates, sir. These are also very shortly be announced ahead of time and this is not yet published on the SIII Mini.

Oh and I only translated the part you needed, the rest is about how to contact Samsung, I hope this helped.
5th January 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #92  
Flag hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 148

580 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by infurnius

Well, I also sent an email to Samsung and I finally got an answer.

Dank u voor uw e-mail met betrekking tot uw Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini. U geeft aan dat u wilt weten wanneer de volgende update uitkomt en welke versie dit is.
Graag had ik u dit verteld, echter hebben wij geen informatie over updates meneer. Deze worden ons ook zeer kort van tevoren bekend gemaakt en dit is over de SIII Mini nog niet bekendgemaakt. Daarom kan ik u nu niets met zekerheid aangeven. Ik hoop u hiermee voldoende geinformeerd te hebben en wens u nog een hele fijne zondag.
Heeft u nog vragen dan kunt u altijd contact opnemen met ons Contact Center. Dit kan telefonisch, via e-mail of via de live chat op onze website.
Met vriendelijke groet,
Huseyin Tas

And here you go in English (I used Google translate )

Thank you for your email regarding your Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini. You indicate that you want to know when the next update comes out and what version it is.
I would have told you this, but we have no information about updates, sir. These are also very shortly be announced ahead of time and this is not yet published on the SIII Mini.

Oh and I only translated the part you needed, the rest is about how to contact Samsung, I hope this helped.

I think we are done with samsung as we have only 5 months of update service
by Gods grace we have maclaw
The Following User Says Thank You to eswarvf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 372

1,197 posts
...and(!) thehacka1...
m.
The Following User Says Thank You to meduza2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #94  
Thanks Meter: 140

574 posts
More
People, you can forget about Samsung developing and releasing KitKat for 3mini. Remember SGS1? It didn't get official ICS because (their reply to my mail) "HW in SGS1 is not capable of running ICS." They didn't care that in that time ICS was working on that phone way better than GB...

It's their policy. You have flagship current SGS4 and SGS4 mini, future that everyone is expecting (SGS5, announced) and obsolete in their eyes (SGS3 mini).
If they upgrade SGS3 mini, they will lose about 1/3 of potential buyers that would go for SGS5. They don't want that people stick to "old" stuff, there is no profit in that. Remember SGS1 again? That piece of magnificence (best phone ever build by Samsung) is running KitKat! So all those people still on SGS1 are lost cause for Samsung's profit. According to Samsung they should buy SGS2, SGS3, SGS4 and in 4 months SGS5 and not stick for the same phone 4 years.

As I said, if you have same phone in your pocket more than 1 year, Samsung ( and any other manufacturer, be honest about that) is treating you as lost investment. By not updating second generation phones (and tabs) they will get a lot of people to buy new, better, updated blahblah phone, and when that new, better, updated phone will be second generation they will forget about it again, like they did for SGS3 mini. That's market's, focused only on profit, reality.

Sorry to bring you bad news, but you already knew that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stenc55 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #95  

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stenc55

People, you can forget about Samsung developing and releasing KitKat for 3mini. Remember SGS1? It didn't get official ICS because (their reply to my mail) "HW in SGS1 is not capable of running ICS." They didn't care that in that time ICS was working on that phone way better than GB...

It's their policy. You have flagship current SGS4 and SGS4 mini, future that everyone is expecting (SGS5, announced) and obsolete in their eyes (SGS3 mini).
If they upgrade SGS3 mini, they will lose about 1/3 of potential buyers that would go for SGS5. They don't want that people stick to "old" stuff, there is no profit in that. Remember SGS1 again? That piece of magnificence (best phone ever build by Samsung) is running KitKat! So all those people still on SGS1 are lost cause for Samsung's profit. According to Samsung they should buy SGS2, SGS3, SGS4 and in 4 months SGS5 and not stick for the same phone 4 years.

As I said, if you have same phone in your pocket more than 1 year, Samsung ( and any other manufacturer, be honest about that) is treating you as lost investment. By not updating second generation phones (and tabs) they will get a lot of people to buy new, better, updated blahblah phone, and when that new, better, updated phone will be second generation they will forget about it again, like they did for SGS3 mini. That's market's, focused only on profit, reality.

I still have hope that they update the software to KitKat, I think they won't do it in the next 6 months or so, but after that, what do they've got to lose? There are still people who want a low budget phone and if they see that SGS3 mini is still getting updates, the phone will probably get popular among some people.

Either way, I was looking at the price again and I saw that it has raised in price, I bought mine 2 months ago for 219,- euro, and now it is in the same store for 250,- euro! So the phone is increasing it's popularity I think.

(sorry for my English )
6th January 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #96  

1,197 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stenc55

...I`m afraid you are complitly right...
m.
6th January 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #97  
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 5

40 posts
More
hope samsung gives update our s3 mini to 4.4
6th January 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #98  
Thanks Meter: 113

622 posts
Yes but now they will lose the people who bought s3 mini and they were disappointed by the lack of updates.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #99  

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefterios

Yes but now they will lose the people who bought s3 mini and they were disappointed by the lack of updates.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

I think so too, the people will be dissapointed and will go to Apple or something, somewhere they'll know they get updates
6th January 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #100  

1,197 posts
...hope dies last...
m.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread