Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G2 stock browser supports Adobe Flash Player

Tip us?

mp2ning
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default G2 stock browser supports Adobe Flash Player

The G2 (AT&T) stock Browser supports Adobe Flash Player. Just go to Adobe's Archived Flash Player versions and download the latest version under Android 4.0. It didn't work on the Galaxy S4 4.2.2 stock browser so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Remember this works only on the stock Browser. It does NOT work in Chrome. Chrome does NOT support Flash!

And make sure that the option Enable plug-ins is set to Always on in the Browser Settings.

eleazar123
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Very nice. I'm jealous. The Verizon version only has Chrome, no stock browser.

mp2ning
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleazar123 View Post
Very nice. I'm jealous. The Verizon version only has Chrome, no stock browser.
Verizon and their stuff....

I love Chrome but sometimes I just NEED to see websites that include Flash content and its awesome to have the option to see them if needed.

csimo
Old
(Last edited by csimo; 15th September 2013 at 07:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
If you're on Verizon you can still get the AOSP Browser and add Flash. I just did it, but I'm rooted and I don't know if it would work on non-rooted phones or not.

Install the [ROOT]AOSP Browser Installer from the Play Store. Ignore the warnings and have it install the AOSP Browser. Then go into your App maager and remove [ROOT]AOSP Browser Installer just to clean things up. You'll now have the stock browser that works fine.

Then just follow the instructions in the OP to install Flash. Works great.

-Joe
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csimo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jayochs
Old
Thanks Meter 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by csimo View Post
If you're on Verizon you can still get the AOSP Browser and add Flash. I just did it, but I'm rooted and I don't know if it would work on non-rooted phones or not.

Install the [ROOT]AOSP Browser Installer from the Play Store. Ignore the warnings and have it install the AOSP Browser. Then go into your App maager and remove [ROOT]AOSP Browser Installer just to clean things up. You'll now have the stock browser that works fine.

Then just follow the instructions in the OP to install Flash. Works great.

-Joe
awesome! thanks man. is the LG browser pretty much the same as aosp? just installed this.
LG G2
Samsung Galaxy S Tab 8.4 (white)
Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Previous Devices:

HTC One M8 (returned)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (returned)
HTC Droid DNA
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb Blue

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (sold)
Nexus 7 2012 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb White (sold)
HTC Incredible (AMOLED)
HTC Eris

HTC Rezound (sold)
HTC Evo View 4G

TechSilver13
Old
Thanks Meter 309
I like Firefox plus flash

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4
- Motorolla e815 - LG VX-9800 - LG EnV VX-9900 - LG Voyager VX-10000 - BlackBerry 9700 Bold - iPhone 3G - iPhone 3GS - iPhone 4 - Samsung Infuse (i997) - Samsung GSII Skyrocket (I727) - Samsung GSII (i9100/i777) - Samsung GSIII (i747) - Samsung Note II (i317) - Samsung GSIV 32gb (i337) - LG G2 (LG-D800) - Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-940) - Galaxy Note 3 (N900A) - HTC One M8

csimo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
awesome! thanks man. is the LG browser pretty much the same as aosp? just installed this.
On my Verzion G2 there is no LG browser... just Chrome (which won't use Flash). Other versions of the G2 use the AOSP browser. You can have multiple browsers on the same device... no problem.

gerelee
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by csimo View Post
On my Verzion G2 there is no LG browser... just Chrome (which won't use Flash). Other versions of the G2 use the AOSP browser. You can have multiple browsers on the same device... no problem.
Does Capture Plus work with this browser?

pouxonu
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Also, I've been using Dolphin Browser and it seems to support all my flash needs as well give it a try.
" Now get your 7'2" asmatic-ass back here before I tell everyone what a whiny little bitch you were about Padamame, or Panda Bear, or whatever the hell her name is!"

Device History:

LG G3
Galaxy s5
Galaxy Note lll
LG G2
Galaxy Note II
LG Intuition
LG Spectrum 2
HTC Rezound
LG Spectrum
Droid 2 R2D2 Edition
Droid X
Sony Xperia Play
OG Droid

shaq1907
Old
Thanks Meter 1,011
Does International version support flash?