[N7105]MutiTool - Swiss army knife - MUST have tool for Newbies
MutiTool - Swiss army knife - MUST have tool for Newbies.
Glad to announce a utility tool - MultiTool.
This is state of the art must have tool for all newcomers. You can manage following things with it.
- EFS Backup/Restore
- Recovery changer
- Kernel changer
- Modem changer
- Backup/Restore System App & Framework folder
- Bloatware Backup-Remove-Restore
- LockScreen Security bypass
- Clean device to prepare for Triangle Away
Details of features under Installation & Features
Installation and Features MUST READ BEFORE USING
So You must have CWM/TWRP Recovery Installed to use this tool. Here is detail guide to get CWM on your device.
Procedure to get CWM :
Also you need to have Kies OR Samsung USB driver
installed on PC.
1.Open Odin and select PDA tab (see image below) (Get Odin from here
2.Point to recovery file you have downloaded philz_touch_* -n7105.tar.md5
3.Now switch off device and reboot in download mode
press Vol down + Home +Power, And then, press Volume UP button in Warning Page to enter the Download Mode
4.Connect device to PC and wait till device successfully added to com port (it will turn light blue) (see image below)
5.Hit ‘Start’ to flash
6.Once it flashed successfully, you can see 'PASS' in table above the ID :COM, you can disconnect device from PC (see image below)
[Note : normally, phone should auto-reboot into recovery.
If it reboots into android and your recovery remains stock, repeat above steps and untick "autoreboot" in odin. Once flash is done, keep pressing power button until it reboots (normally will go to recovery)
when in recovery, if you choose option "reboot system now" and you get "yes - disable flash recovery", select that option to avoid stock recovery overwriting cwm]
On successful flashing your recovery change to CWM, Now Next step How to use Multitool
Installation of Multitool and Detail features
- Download N7105_MultiTool-AromaVxx.zip
and copy to SD card (Internal / Ext)
- Reboot device to Recovery (Vol Up +Power + Home).
- You will have recovery menu like this(see image below), Select Install zip
- Then select Int/Ext SD card depending on you have copied file.
- Select file you have copied N7105_MultiTool-AromaVxx.zip and hit Entre. (See image File name may be different)
This will Open Aroma Installer and you will have following Option to perform. Read every option in detail before proceeding.
Here you will have two option.
You can root your device with this option, Also this option cleans leftover of previously installed Superuser/SU of different superuser app.
In case your device is previously rooted and on reboot you can't see SuperSU app in drawer OR if you unable to update binary, simply update from Play store and it should work.
- Routinely this doesn't needs and most of app needs root works without this too. Still any of your app demand this then you can select this option also you can do it later too.
If you are newbies and don't know why you need this then first read this thread
. I recommend all user to make EFS backup if you still don't have.
: This will make EFS backup in format of raw imahe efs.img to int SD card MyEFS folder
: This will restore previously made backup in case you lose IMEI and need it.
- This is recovery changer tool.
You can switch to different recovery like
A.Philz touch CWM based recovery
- remember if you flash stock recovery, you will have to use odin to flash CWM/TWRP.
Here is Philz Recovery original thread
Here is TWRP official project website
- You can switch between kernel
Available kernels are
A.NEAK kernel B.Perseus Kenel C.Stock Kernel
Here is Neak kernel
original thread if you have any queries for NEAK kernel Credit @simone201
for NEAK kernel.
Here is Perseus Kernel
original Thread, in case you have any kernel related queries for Perseus Kernel. Credit @AndreiLux
for Perseus Kernel
A.Old Modem LK6
: This will Break EFS if you have new ROM, so i have removed this option
Accidental flashing this only show msg 'Flashing old modem Not supported to your device'
B.New Modem MG1
:If you downgrade ROM and lose your IMEI, flashing this new modem can restore your IMEI.
6.backup Restore general
- Helpful before trying different MODs, if that doesn't work you can restore previous file wuth this.
A.Backup Framework folder
- Will make backup of System/framework folder to IntSDcard/DrKetanMod/framework folder -Needs 100MB free space
B.Backup System Folder
- will make backup of System/app folder to IntSdcard/DrKetanMod/app folder. it needs appr 700MB space.
C.Backup to ExtSD
- will backup System/app + System/framework folder to ExtSDCard/DrKetanMod. Needs 800MB space.
For Restore select option according you have selected backup location.
D.Restore Framework folder from IntSD
E.Restore System/App folder from IntSD
F.Restore System app and framework folder from ExtSD
- Select this to backup bloatware before removing it so you can restore anytime you need it.
- You can remove batch bloatware with this. To remove selected bloatware use this tool
8.LockScreen security bypass
- If you forget your lockscreen password/Pin/Pattern, you can bypass security with this option. This will remove PIN/Password and you can reset new. In case you bypass Pattern then you may have pattern on reboot but you can unlock with any pattern and you can reset your new pattern.
9.Prepare device to use TriangleAway
Newbies are not knowing about their recovery/kernel so this tool will help to reset stock.
- This will remove all left over of Super user app and SU, also remove Busybox and symlink of busybox. As well this will Replace CWM to Stock recovery. But still clean root access will remain present to use triangle away app. That can be unroot with SuperSU settings.
Again if device doesn't have SuperSU app OR fail to update binary then update it from play store.
Remember after selecting this option your recovery will be stock and if you need CWM, you have to use Odin again
B.Select This If you have stock kernel
- If your kernel is custom and you want to make device clean you also have to select this option along with A. to use triangle away.
Hope friends you will find this tool helpful to keep on your SD card so you can use it anytime. If Niewbies can't post here in dev section, use this thread instead.
I don't own N7105 so coudn't test this, but there is nothing needed to change in script just i have replaced recovery,kernel and modem file of N7105. Reports are highly appriciated.
GoodLuck And Happy Flashing !