Battery drain & Deep sleep avoiding Tips
I have been facing battery drain & deep sleep issue on my Nexus 4 which i have reported in my earlier post. After formatting couple of days ago, yesterday i noticed again the deep sleep & battery drain issue. I was totally frustrated & annoyed by the Google's 4.3 update. The above said issue persist only after 4.3 fix (1.8Mb) update, may be most of users facing the issue since then.
Here are few tips i followed to get rid of battery drain & deep sleep issue,
1. Menu - Google settings - location - uncheck location
2. Google settings - Google+ - location sharing - uncheck location sharing
3. Menu - settings - location access - uncheck gps satellite
4.Settings - wifi - advanced - uncheck scanning always available
5. Settings - wifi - advanced - wifi frequency band - select 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz based on router. Don't select Auto as wifi signal fluctuates often.
6. After following the above steps clear the cache, turn off the phone.
7. Wait for the battery to drain to 0
8. Charge the battery to 100% using the normal charger. Dont use any other fast charger, portable or wireless charger, as it ll have impact on battery.
Let me know if the above steps works.
Ps: The above settings are carried out in Stock 4.3 & not rooted.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Google Nexus 4
Nokia Pureview 808
Nokia Lumia 800