Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][4.0+][FREE] Mini Tasker

OP phntm

17th September 2013, 10:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91

143 posts
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************

This thread is closed. Please use this thread for news and updates on Condi: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46657479

Condi (previously Mini Tasker) is a free android automation app for ICS or higher.

The app allows users to quickly set up fairly complex actions when certain conditions are met, without sacrificing battery life, and with the ability to easily share tasks between users. We never poll (everything comes from a broadcast), and we're pretty minimalistic so the memory footprint is reasonable. We use google play services to detect location using low power sensors and recognize activity like walking or driving.

This is a university project, and our first android app, we're very humbled by over 30k downloads, this is very unexpected and we're very grateful for the feedback and bug reports, you're awesome!

Me and my partner made this app this summer for academic credit so we give it out completely for free, without ads or tracking.

We decided to change the name to avoid any conflicts with the original Tasker (Pent is a nice person and you should buy his app), too bad there are so many reviews already out there using the old name.

This week we finally submitted the project (after some delays), which means we can start changing big stuff (the last 10 or so releases we're bug fixes only). We're gonna push our first beta version next sunday to the beta channel, please subscribe to this mailing list to get it: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/minitasker

Your feedback is appreciated, you can email us at contact@kix.co.il or reply here.
Thanks,
Anton and Michal

Download Condi (previously Mini Tasker) at Google Play

Changes:

v0.2.13
* volume control ui bug fixed
* activity detection delay setting more visible
* UTF-8 support for task sharing

v0.2.12
* new condition - on boot
* location editor auto focuses on current location, minimal radius enforcement of 75 meters as it's unlikely the low power sensors will ever give a higher accuracy than that.
* music player song picker now uses native dialog and native addresses - support for most players that can open mp3
* music player - play pause toggle buttons now use broadcasts instead of keyboard presses - no longer crashes youtube, get's stuck on total command etc.
* activity recognition (i.e. drive walk...) upped the confidence level, and now there's a programmable delay for the end task (see the settings window).
* fixed a crash on forwarding SMS from known numbers.
* wifi still wasn't included as it wasn't stable enough for the time.

v0.2.10
* wifi crash fixed, can't send sms during calls fix
* volume control now properly mutes in all cases

v0.2.9
* Inverse locations (start when leaving a location)
* Delete actions and conditions from the edit screen
* A lot of memory leak fixes

v0.2.4:
* I messed up with 0.2.3 a bit, sms forwarding and call silencing are not using the correct values of the message and origin.
* Fixed a rare crash on the settings dialog
* Fixed a calendar condition crash when no calendars / events exist.
* Apparently a lot of times our application was killed in the background for not responding, and this corrupted the states of events and made things not run as expected, so now there's a background service that should take care of that. Memory footprint is around 5mb which is still less then Tasker.
* Superuser actions sometime hanged the app, and made it crash for ANR. This should now be taken care of
Last edited by phntm; 26th January 2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: thread moved
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to phntm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2013, 01:44 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 415

2,760 posts
Can Mini Tasker set the network mode? ie. WCDMA only, WCDMA Preferred, LTE/GSM/WCDMA etc.

Can it enable/disable usb tethering?
18th September 2013, 09:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

143 posts
network mode should be easy enough, we already play with these settings on the "3g toggle", i just need to generalize it a bit.
i'll look into the tethering thing.

i'm adding both to the next major release. it might take 2 weeks or so for our work to be graded, then i'll push it to the public channel.
if you want you can join the alpha channel here and i'll try to get something together there sooner.

more things that will be added next are:
* better calendar support (currently doesn't support repeat events)
* wifi on/off condition
* wifi near ssid condition

suggestions are welcome
The Following User Says Thank You to phntm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2013, 04:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 90

1,007 posts
Not working on Galaxy S3 CM10.1 RC2. Try to open play list when connecting any headset. But after I connected, mini tasker disabled that profile ( I have poweramp, uninstalled Apollo).
19th September 2013, 10:55 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 415

2,760 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phntm

network mode should be easy enough, we already play with these settings on the "3g toggle", i just need to generalize it a bit.
i'll look into the tethering thing.

i'm adding both to the next major release. it might take 2 weeks or so for our work to be graded, then i'll push it to the public channel.
if you want you can join the alpha channel here and i'll try to get something together there sooner.

more things that will be added next are:
* better calendar support (currently doesn't support repeat events)
* wifi on/off condition
* wifi near ssid condition

suggestions are welcome

Thanks for reply and info.

As far as further suggestions....I've seen "wifi near" used in several apps but never saw a "bluetooth near" option....I don't know if it's feasible but if you can specify a specific "id" it could quickly distinguish when I'm home or in the car and then enable the appropriate commands such as linking to my car/home cordless phones via bluetooth.
19th September 2013, 06:51 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 40

163 posts
I'd like to try your app but I can't find it on the Play Store and when I access Play Store with a browser it says my device is not compatible. I have a nexus 7 running android 4.3
19th September 2013, 09:45 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

143 posts
Afaik bluetooth near is not a broadcast.
It should be much cleaner to add bluetooth state changed to detect the car connecting.
The car dock condition and activity detection in the current stable are already quite cool.
My car detection is based on charger+dock. The dock is enable by another software when the bluetooth connects.

Anyway, added to the wishlist.

The app works very well on my Nexus 7 but I think I need to add a 10" screenshot to make the market consider it compatible. I'll try to arrange that now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
19th September 2013, 10:07 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

143 posts
I didn't test with poweramp yet, i did with Apollo.
Not all players support internal storage style urls, even Google Play music fails.
That means any app that doesn't work right now needs custom support with some sort of url hack, which makes sharing profiles almost impossible across different setups.
I'll try to tackle this issue on the next major.
For now, try adding a launch app action, and a play music button emulation action. I'll try to arrange better support for more apps soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phntm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2013, 02:33 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 10

1,092 posts
how about using incoming sms as a trigger to do the app launching etc?
21st September 2013, 10:09 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsap

how about using incoming sms as a trigger to do the app launching etc?

it's possible already but there's no ui to easily do this atm. right now you can add an action to the sms forward condition but i guess you'll want to match the text as well and also, not do the forwarding part.
added to the wishlist.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread