Here's another neat root!
What is this?
This is a very simply and easy to use root package for the LG G2.
For now I'm calling it IORoot, despite the fact that it's not really all that deserving of a name.
Which phones does this support?
Currently the following phones are supported by this root package:
- AT&T G2 (D800) - D80010d
- Verizon G2 (VS980) - VS98010B (Shipping ROM)
- Verizon G2 (VS980) - VS98011A (OTA)
- T-Mobile G2 (Shipping ROM)
- KT F320k (Shipping ROM)
- Rogers D803 (Shipping ROM)
- Bell D803 (Shipping ROM)
- Telus D803 (Shipping ROM)
- OPEN D802 (Shipping ROM)
How do I use this?
Here's a video!
Or, in List Form:
- Ensure you have the proper USB drivers installed, and your phone is in the proper mode (For Verizon, use Ethernet mode on the PC settings menu)
- Enable Developer Mode on your phone and enable USB Debugging
- Extract this zip file somewhere on your PC
- Run root.bat
- The phone will ask you to disconnect USB, disable USB debugging, then re-enable it and plug the phone back in, do so when prompted
- You will then be asked if you would like to have a superuser package installed, which you can accept or decline
Why is it asking if I want to 'trip rootchecker'?
LG's phones come with some software loaded that detects the presence of root on a phone, and invalidates your warranty.
Rooting the phone, by nature, voids your warranty. You can put your phone in a special mode where ADB shell has root permissions, however your phone is not technically 'rooted' by app standards.
You will not be able to use 'root required' apps on your phone if you do not let the root script install Superuser.
Okay, where do I get this?
See @autoprime's post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=869
-- OLD VERSION --
Please do not mirror this link, as it makes my life easier to keep everything under one roof. Thanks!
NEW UPDATE: Now supports F320k on KT
NEW NEW UPDATE: Supports the VZW OTA, haven't confirmed yet, but this should do the trick.
NEW NEW NEW UPDATE: Thanks to DeamonFish in IRC, we now have a lovely howto video for this root!
NEW NEW NEW NEW UPDATE: Rogers AND Bell AND Telus AND D802 now supported!
Okay guys, so, @autoprime is taking over from here -- see his post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=869 and be sure to thank him!
Help! I cant even! I accidentally a phone!Alright guys, let me know if you run into any issues!
Calm down, don't panic. Join us in #lg-g2 on Freenode.
If you're new to IRC, click here http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#lg-g2 and it'll connect you to the channel.
I'm IOMonster on IRC, I still don't know why I have two nicknames. Personality disorder I suppose
PLEASE don't PM me on XDA asking for help. My inbox has exploded, and can no longer handle it. I will not be able to help you over PM of any sort (IRC or XDA, or even email).