VERIZON ONLY Revert to stock GUIDE [UPDATED]

Search This thread

WACOMalt

Jul 31, 2009
Google Pixel 6
Hey folks. I had a lot of trouble with the main Go Back to stock thread for VZW.
Mostly because of FlashTool and the fact I am on windows 8.

CLICK HERE FOR THE KDZ METHOD IF THIS ONE GIVES YOU ISSUES

This guide should work for anyone on Verizon. And the methods may be good for other variants though
DO NOT USE THESE FILES if you are not verizon!

IF YOU CANT GET INTO DOWNLOAD MODE, TRY THIS

GUIDE------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download drivers: WACOMalt Mirror | MJS Mirror

Download and INSTALL LG Flash Tool 1.8 [UPDATED]: WACOMalt Mirror | MJS Mirror

Download this DLL file: WACOMalt Mirror | MJS Mirror
- extract and overwrite the one at C:\LG\LGFlashTool (which will be there if you already installed LG Flash tool like you should have) <Do this. People are missing this. If you get a logon screen in the LG Flash Tool you didnt do this.

Download the Flash Device DLL: WACOMalt Mirror | MJS Mirror

And most importantly the Rom's tot file:
[11A]
WACOMalt Mirror[11A]
COMPRESSED zip file md5 - d89f8af8d58c506cd62597a5f7ad3d18
EXTRACTED TOT file md5 - 9158c88c3beef107388929955979e3c7
bweN diorD Mirror[11A]
COMPRESSED rar file md5 - 97deb69a24ed1946247f471205fee89e

[10B - it's an older image sir, but it checks out]
WACOMalt Mirror[10B]
EXTRACTED TOT file md5 - 9f04bfd357c66dbf808bacb0febcf02e
bweN diorD Mirror[10B]
COMPRESSED rar file md5 - 5372f54f0b981baeaae242ce41dbddbe

bweN diorD's download link post in case the links in this thread break again. Thanks bweN diorD!

MAKE SURE TO VALIDATE THE DOWNLOADED FILE with the md5 hashes listed under the links you followed for the tots.

You can use this to check It will add a tab to the Propterties" window for any file. Check that your MD5 matches the ones pertaining to your downloads. There is an MD5 listed for each download for the zip file, and for the tot included in the zip. If the TOT MD5 matches then you are fine. We only included the zip MD5s so you can quickly check as soon as you finish downloading. Repeat: MAKE SURE THE TOT FILE's MD5 MATCHES THE ONE LISTED UNDER THE LINK FOR "tot file md5". If it does, you are good to proceed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Go ahead and put phone in Download mode by VolUp + plug in USB to PC. At this time your computer should install the device, if it hadnt already. Open device manager to check if un der "Ports (Com and LPT)" it shows up as LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Serial Port (COM##) IF the COM number is anything other than 41, which it probably will be. Right click it in device manager and choose peroperties, then go to port settings tab and click advanced. On the bottom choose COM41 and hit OK. (if you get an error about it being in use I'll write more about that later)

hit ok and all that and close out the properties.

2) Open LG Flash Tool

You may get a menu asking ??? Korean something, choose that one hit OK.

Now in here you have to choose "Select Manual Mode" checkbox on top then on the top DLL box choose the "LGVS980_20130902_LGFLASHv151.dll" we saved earlier, then in the S/W box click add and choose your TOT file. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE ITS THE RIGHT ONE

Then hit OK.

3) Now click the yellow arrow in the top left of the main window. It will prepare and maybe give a milky way error (seriously) ignore it until it says finished, or ready.

4) Now unplug your phone, power off and then go back into download mode again, volUp+USB. It should immediately connect and start flashing.

It will restart around 83% and then you are done!

if you red light is flashing on phone just unplug and hold middle power until it either boots or turns off so you can turn it back on.

Done!

Want to root again? Follow IOMonster's guide and rooter here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45692679#post45692679
TWRP is now built for ATT and VZW variants, installation instructions can be found here.

Thanks to #lg-g2 on freenode for the help.
Specifically MJS for the mirrors, autoprime for files and tons of help, IOMonster for tons of help (also a new root!), djkinetic for tons of help, ni291187, Huskehn, [1]ibt, DeamonFish and probably more. Thanks folks!

I want to stress that this guide was written with only Verizon variant in mind, while it may work for others Id appreciate not flooding this thread with requests about other variants.
Yes, this guide can be useful for them, but stuff will be different. I don't know what, and I don't care. Please don't post in this topic if you have issues with another variant, you can always start a new post, or join another one for that.
IF you wish to request me to write a guide for your variant, then please acquire links to all required resources, tell me what's different, and I'll put together a guide for you. Until that happens, no off-topic posts in here PLEASE.

Last edited:

drkow19

Apr 16, 2009
White Lake, Michigan
Trying this out right now. Really fast download speeds, thanks so much! I am doing this to get rid of the Chinese root and try the new one. Then I'm gonna uninstall/debloat TO THE MAX because I know I can always go back to stock :laugh:

EDIT: Everything went smoothly, and quickly too. Settings says "unrooted" but not for long hehe.

Last edited:

2000army

Aug 27, 2012
This is the error that is ok to get?

"MilkyWay Control Port open fail"

Last edited:

Han Solo 1

Aug 28, 2013
Didn't work for me.

Using Windows 7. On device manager, it just says LG Phone. Not LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Serial Port (COM##).

And I can't install the drivers; when I indicate the file the drivers are in, it says nothing is found.

Even though that step didn't work, I went ahead and continued with the steps. The LG Flash tool stuff worked. After "Ready", I unplugged the phone, but it stayed in "Firmware Update" mode. I long-pressed the power button and it powered on. I then turned it off, went back into download mode, and it's not flashing anything.

There is also no "port settings tab" in the device manager for the LG Android Phone.

And when I click on the LG Android Phone in device manager, under drivers, it says there are none installed. I tried installing the driver in MTP mode, but it says all drivers are up to date.

Last edited:

dmbfan13

Mar 4, 2010
Rockton, IL
I'm gonna sound like a pain, but does anyone possibly have the ROMs tot file hosted somewhere else? Both host sites are blocked for me while at work. No prob if they arent, I'll just wait till later. Thought I'd ask.

Last edited:

csimo

Dec 8, 2010
Hey folks. I had a lot of trouble with the main Go Back to stock thread for VZW.

This guide should work for anyone on Verizon. And the methods may be good for other variants though

GUIDE------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download and INSTALL LG Flash Tool 1.6: WACOMalt Mirror | MJS Mirror

- extract and overwrite the one at C:\LG\LGFlashTool (which will be there if you already installed LG Flash tool like you should have)

And most importantly the Rom's tot file: WACOMalt Mirror | MJS Mirror
- Unzip it to get the tot file by itself. MJS Mirror | WACOMalt Mirror

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Go ahead and put phone in Download mode by VolUp + plug in USB to PC. At this time your computer should install the device, if it hadnt already. Open device manager to check if it shows up as LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Serial Port (COM##) IF the COM number is anything other than 41, which it probably will be. Right click it in device manager and choose peroperties, then go to port settings tab and click advanced. On the bottom choose COM41 and hit OK. (if you get an error about it being in use I'll write more about that later)

2) Open LG Flash Tool

You may get a menu asking ??? Korean labor camp or something like that ;) choose that one hit OK.

Now in here you have to choose "Select Manual Mode" checkbox on top then on the top DLL box choose the "LGVS980_20130902_LGFLASHv151.dll" we saved earlier, then in the S/W box click add and choose your TOT file. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE ITS THE RIGHT ONE

Then hit OK.

3) Now click the yellow arrow in the top left of the main window. It will prepare and maybe give a milky way error (seriously) ignore it until it says finished, or ready.

4) Now unplug your phone, power off and then go back into download mode again, volUp+USB. It should immediately connect and start flashing.

if you red light is flashing on phone just unplug and hold middle power until it either boots or turns off so you can turn it back on.

Done!

Want to root again? Follow IOMonster's guide and rooter here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45692679#post45692679 Don't use that rooter that's in Chinese, it has potential security risks!

Specifically MJS for the mirrors, autoprime for files and tons of help, IOMonster for tons of help (also a new root!), djkinetic for tons of help, ni291187, Huskehn, [1]ibt, DeamonFish and probably more. Thanks folks!

EDIT: words n' stuff

I can tell you that when Verizon did this on their machine it still didn't change the About Phone, Status, Rooting status to "Unrooted". It stays at rooted if the phone has EVER been rooted. Even when I went back to unrooted the status still says rooted.

Did you have different results?

WACOMalt

Jul 31, 2009
Google Pixel 6
Didn't work for me.

Using Windows 7. On device manager, it just says LG Phone. Not LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Serial Port (COM##).

And I can't install the drivers; when I indicate the file the drivers are in, it says nothing is found.

Even though that step didn't work, I went ahead and continued with the steps. The LG Flash tool stuff worked. After "Ready", I unplugged the phone, but it stayed in "Firmware Update" mode. I long-pressed the power button and it powered on. I then turned it off, went back into download mode, and it's not flashing anything.

There is also no "port settings tab" in the device manager for the LG Android Phone.

And when I click on the LG Android Phone in device manager, under drivers, it says there are none installed. I tried installing the driver in MTP mode, but it says all drivers are up to date.
You should be in download mode when installing the drivers, and install from the EXE, dont install from device manager, unless you want to extract the EXE's contents and find the driver ini files, that wont work.

Also if it still fails on you, right click the LG phone in device manager, and choose uninstall, reboot, install EXE, then plug in phone directly in download mode. And tell me what happens. I'll try to help ya out. Maybe join #lg-g2 on freenode to get some more help?

Reactions: Kaix77

WACOMalt

Jul 31, 2009
Google Pixel 6
This is the error that is ok to get?

"MilkyWay Control Port open fail"

Yup, that's what I got. After that error, and it saying finished, make sure to unplug and replug your phone back in in download mode, and make sure your device is showing up in device manager under COM ports as COM41

If you are still unsucessful, join #lg-g2 and ask in there or ping me, as I'm sure you want faster help than forum replys can get you ;)

WACOMalt

Jul 31, 2009
Google Pixel 6
I can tell you that when Verizon did this on their machine it still didn't change the About Phone, Status, Rooting status to "Unrooted". It stays at rooted if the phone has EVER been rooted. Even when I went back to unrooted the status still says rooted.

Did you have different results?

I did. My root status went away until I rerooted with IOMonster's rooter. Both on the download screen and in about phone. Might want to join in #lg-g2 on freenode and give them a head's up they have been working on this there. I am not a developer, I simply decided to write a guide out of the procedure they led me through.

Reactions: Kaix77

dmbfan13

Mar 4, 2010
Rockton, IL
Blocked? o_O... why is my site blocked at your work?

That's not good... does it give a reason for the block?

I dont think it's anything for you to worry about. My work blocks a lot of hosting sites. However, the reason just says "Uncategorized"

Good thing is that theres a button I didnt realize before that bypasses the block... :laugh:

MJS139115

Apr 22, 2011
I dont think it's anything for you to worry about. My work blocks a lot of hosting sites. However, the reason just says "Uncategorized"

Good thing is that theres a button I didnt realize before that bypasses the block... :laugh:

So were you able to get the files? If not, I can copy them to another of my servers for you.

drkow19

Apr 16, 2009
White Lake, Michigan
Didn't work for me.

Turn your phone off. Then hold vol. up as you plug in a usb cable. This will send you to download mode, and the proper device should show in device manager.

iowabowtech

May 31, 2010
Des Moines
GREAT job on making up these instructions on the fly like that bro. I got tired last night and did it this morning instead. Instructions were absolutely perfect. :good:

Han Solo 1

Aug 28, 2013
You should be in download mode when installing the drivers, and install from the EXE, dont install from device manager, unless you want to extract the EXE's contents and find the driver ini files, that wont work.

Also if it still fails on you, right click the LG phone in device manager, and choose uninstall, reboot, install EXE, then plug in phone directly in download mode. And tell me what happens. I'll try to help ya out. Maybe join #lg-g2 on freenode to get some more help?

Ok, it appears to be working, thanks!!!

It has been stuck on 8% for a while, though, maybe 2 minutes. Is that normal? Is this a pretty lengthy process?

EDIT:

Still stuck at 8%. Getting worried. . . .

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

It has been stuck on 8% for a while, though, maybe 2 minutes. Is that normal? Is this a pretty lengthy process?

EDIT:

Crap. It’s been a good 7 or 8 minutes, stuck at 8%.

Edit:

Still at 8%, last 10 minutes.

Did I brick my phone?

Last edited:

WACOMalt

Jul 31, 2009
Google Pixel 6

EDIT:

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Crap. It’s been a good 7 or 8 minutes, stuck at 8%.

OK, this is a new one for me... You ARE on verizon LG G2 right? Might need to check the MD5 of that tot file. I'll update the guide with that step.

Han Solo 1

Aug 28, 2013
OK, this is a new one for me... You ARE on verizon LG G2 right? Might need to check the MD5 of that tot file. I'll update the guide with that step.

Yes, I'm on VZ LG G2.

If I disconnect and reboot my phone, am I screwed? Checking the MD5 isn't going to help me at this point, I'm afraid.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CLICK HERE FOR THE KDZ METHOD IF THIS ONE GIVES YOU ISSUES

IF YOU CANT GET INTO DOWNLOAD MODE, TRY THIS

Download and INSTALL LG Flash Tool 1.8 [UPDATED]: WACOMalt Mirror | MJS Mirror

- extract and overwrite the one at C:\LG\LGFlashTool (which will be there if you already installed LG Flash tool like you should have) <Do this. People are missing this. If you get a logon screen in the LG Flash Tool you didnt do this.

And most importantly the Rom's tot file:
    [11A]
    WACOMalt Mirror[11A]
    bweN diorD Mirror[11A]
    COMPRESSED rar file md5 - 97deb69a24ed1946247f471205fee89e

[10B - it's an older image sir, but it checks out]
    WACOMalt Mirror[10B]
    bweN diorD Mirror[10B]
    COMPRESSED rar file md5 - 5372f54f0b981baeaae242ce41dbddbe

bweN diorD's download link post in case the links in this thread break again. Thanks bweN diorD!

MAKE SURE TO VALIDATE THE DOWNLOADED FILE with the md5 hashes listed under the links you followed for the tots.

You can use this to check It will add a tab to the Propterties" window for any file. Check that your MD5 matches the ones pertaining to your downloads. There is an MD5 listed for each download for the zip file, and for the tot included in the zip. If the TOT MD5 matches then you are fine. We only included the zip MD5s so you can quickly check as soon as you finish downloading. Repeat: MAKE SURE THE TOT FILE's MD5 MATCHES THE ONE LISTED UNDER THE LINK FOR "tot file md5". If it does, you are good to proceed.

1) Go ahead and put phone in Download mode by VolUp + plug in USB to PC. At this time your computer should install the device, if it hadnt already. Open device manager to check if un der "Ports (Com and LPT)" it shows up as LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Serial Port (COM##) IF the COM number is anything other than 41, which it probably will be. Right click it in device manager and choose peroperties, then go to port settings tab and click advanced. On the bottom choose COM41 and hit OK. (if you get an error about it being in use I'll write more about that later)

2) Open LG Flash Tool

You may get a menu asking ??? Korean something, choose that one hit OK.

Then hit OK.

Done!

Want to root again? Follow IOMonster's guide and rooter here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45692679#post45692679
    TWRP is now built for ATT and VZW variants, installation instructions can be found here.

I want to stress that this guide was written with only Verizon variant in mind, while it may work for others Id appreciate not flooding this thread with requests about other variants.
    Yes, this guide can be useful for them, but stuff will be different. I don't know what, and I don't care. Please don't post in this topic if you have issues with another variant, you can always start a new post, or join another one for that.
    IF you wish to request me to write a guide for your variant, then please acquire links to all required resources, tell me what's different, and I'll put together a guide for you. Until that happens, no off-topic posts in here PLEASE.
    Vs98026a tot

It appears that Autoprime has uploaded the VS98026A.tot.zip it can be found here.
    This works like a charm and resets the rooting status flag to "unrooted" double win!
    I am trying to restore to stock everything (coming from successful install of TWRP 2.7.0.0 + Vanir 4.4.2). I cannot get into download mode. Simply gives me the[500] fastboot error when I hold volume + and plug into PC. Any help please?
    Restore download mode with xdabbeb's zip from his thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51855848
    Scroll down to the link for restoring download mode.
    Download Links!!

You can also get the files under the TOT install method in this OP. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45293512

thanks, now i can provide both files to this thread :) (thanks to op of the files in the other thread)

@WACOMalt
    you can put these mirrors in the op if you wish (give credit please, as im hosting these from a paid account. thx). i prefer this method to restore my phone and would like to see the thread stay alive.

10b tot md5. 5372F54F0B981BAEAAE242CE41DBDDBE
    11a tot md5. 97DEB69A24ED1946247F471205FEE89E
    (extract to get the .tot file inside)(the md5 i provided is for the entire zip, the md5 in the op should match the .tot file inside)

simple md5 checking tool if you need it.