Compiling Bochs for android

Search This thread

Dasher1

Feb 26, 2013
Stockholm
HI guys! I need help with compiling Bochs for android, Bochs is a virtual machine that emulates diffrent Operating systems on android such as windows 98,XP and many others!

Korv2003 compiled bochs 2.5.1 for android back in 2008 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389700
but no one has compiled it since then and we are not getting any new versions out. Me and alot more would be extremely glad if someone that knows how to compile these files could compile the new Bochs versions 2.6.1 and beyond, for android!
The newer versions are both faster and have more features! So please anyone that knows how to do this help out :)!

Last edited:
Reactions: nalf38

mascondante

Nov 25, 2012
Western NC
HI guys! I need help with compiling Bochs for android, Bochs is a virtual machine that emulates diffrent Operating systems on android such as windows 98,XP and many others!

Korv2003 compiled bochs 2.5.1 for android back in 2008 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389700
but no one has compiled it since then and we are not getting any new versions out. Me and alot more would be extremely glad if someone that knows how to compile these files could compile the new Bochs versions 2.6.1 and beyond, for android!
The newer versions are both faster and have more features! So please anyone that knows how to do this help out :)!

Bump

deimi1985

Dec 4, 2010
Innsbruck
it seems that no one is interested in this project. i'd love to see any new version because the 2.5.1 out there is really out of date and slow as hell. i've read that newer versions are speed up to 50%. i can't understand why no1 tries to port version 2.6.6 to android.

mascondante

Nov 25, 2012
Western NC
it seems that no one is interested in this project. i'd love to see any new version because the 2.5.1 out there is really out of date and slow as hell. i've read that newer versions are speed up to 50%. i can't understand why no1 tries to port version 2.6.6 to android.

I can take a crack at it. I'm not a pro at porting apps. I just recently learned how so don't hold your breath. I will give it the ol' college try though :)

piragz

Jun 6, 2011
tried this version (russian), but you can try use google translate.

in russian 4pda. ru there is detailed manual for 2.6.8 .
just search BOCHS для Android, Эмулятор Pentium PC для Андроид

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.