FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

How To Root The DROID RAZR HD On The Latest Software

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By Six_Three, Junior Member on 18th September 2013, 08:59 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th November 2013, 12:44 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 403
 
More
Updates for all phones forever have locked exploits. And the manufacturer isn't going to give you a disclaimer to let you know they're locking your phone. That's what xda is for. We tell you not too. And generally it wouldn't be the end. But seeing as how this phone is old at this point chances are very slim of a new exploit.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX
 
 
12th November 2013, 01:07 AM |#22  
legend221's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Anywhere and Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 334
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeje00

There is no way to unlock anymore. If you were planning on going custom why even take the other? This is why people have to check before getting willy nilly with random ota's that don't do anything other then lock your phone generally. To check bootloader status boot into fastboot it'll either say locked or unlocked.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX

I did my research and made sure not to update. I'm glad I was smart enough to read into comments on here and another website about this. But the good thing is anyone that is anyone locked can still rely on safestrap and flash an awesome Rom.


sent from my xt926 Droid RAZR HD flashed with Nexesque v3.5

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeje00

Updates for all phones forever have locked exploits. And the manufacturer isn't going to give you a disclaimer to let you know they're locking your phone. That's what xda is for. We tell you not too. And generally it wouldn't be the end. But seeing as how this phone is old at this point chances are very slim of a new exploit.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX

This phone might be considered old but this is my favorite phone of all time. Best thing about it is the battery life and how fast stable and Force Close free my current Rom is. Yea maybe I could of got the HTC One or S4 but I have zero regrets on my purchase.


sent from my xt926 Droid RAZR HD flashed with Nexesque v3.5
12th November 2013, 01:16 AM |#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 403
 
More
I didn't say the phone wasn't good. I love my atrix. I plan on keeping it for quite awhile.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX
28th November 2013, 05:26 PM |#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Will a Factory Reset Help
I'm running 4.1.2 version 9.18.94. Will a factory reset allow me to root using the previously available methods?
29th November 2013, 12:39 AM |#25  
RikRong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 572
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETrazrHD

I'm running 4.1.2 version 9.18.94. Will a factory reset allow me to root using the previously available methods?

No
1st December 2013, 02:22 PM |#26  
Carloskeee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Longview, TX
Thanks Meter: 113
 
More
work on 9.30.1?
1st December 2013, 02:51 PM |#27  
bweN diorD's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,784
 
More
no
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2013, 12:39 AM |#28  
RikRong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 572
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloskeee

work on 9.30.1?

.1 and .94 are the same update.
18th December 2013, 08:25 PM |#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Rookie Question(s)
I have slight differences:

System version: 9.30.1.XT926.Verizon.en.US
Model number: DROID RAZR HD
Android version: 4.1.2
Build number: 9.8.1Q-94-1
Build date: Thu Sep 26 11:56:01 CDT 2013

Will this work?
19th December 2013, 01:29 AM |#30  
RikRong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 572
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjnhv6

I have slight differences:

System version: 9.30.1.XT926.Verizon.en.US
Model number: DROID RAZR HD
Android version: 4.1.2
Build number: 9.8.1Q-94-1
Build date: Thu Sep 26 11:56:01 CDT 2013

Will this work?

Did you read any of this thread?
The Following User Says Thank You to RikRong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2013, 01:31 AM |#31  
bweN diorD's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,784
 
More
the title of this thread needs to be changed to the software version it was meant to address.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes