Old
(Last edited by RSenG2x; 11th April 2014 at 08:02 AM.) Reason: Update 4.5
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb [APP][4.1+][V4.5] Open Mic+ for Google Now

About Open Mic+
Google Now, Everywhere.

As featured on XDA, LifeHacker, SlashGear, Android Community, Android Spin, dotTech, AndroidInt'l, and more!

With Open Mic+ for Google Now, access all the commands from anywhere on your phone. Simply say "Okay Google" or wave your hand in front of the screen. Screen on, screen off Google Now will be ready to listen.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Google Now becomes more conversational as after a search just say Okay Google to start a new one. And even better get the answers to your questions while your hands are tied, or when you're on the couch, or in the car.

TOMORROW'S FEATURES TODAY
Everybody's talking about the new Touchless Controls features for the Moto X, but now any phone that is running Jelly Bean or higher can have the same experience.

SEAMLESS
Open Mic+ will run in the background and can be configured to start at boot so that it truly becomes part of the phone.

TASKER INTEGRATION
Truly automate your device by combining the endless command list of Tasker with the ease of access of Open Mic!

Open Mic+ uses offline voice recognition which means less data usage and faster results.

100% FREE
We saved the best for last. Open Mic+ has no ads, no in-app purchases, and is free to download. So why are you still reading this? Try Open Mic+ for Google Now.

What I'm working on:
See the g+ page for more details! Also please contact me if you are willing to contribute. Experience in sound engineering is especially welcome!

Please see the g+ page for more details and for videos (Also follow to be notified of updates!): http://plus.google.com/112424215551484520138/posts
Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...penMic.Pheonix

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...penMic.Pheonix" />

Remember this is a work in progress, if it isn't working for you now, make sure to follow the g+ page so you'll know when I make it better

Changelog:
4.5:
★ Lots of Force close and bug fixes (sorry these are very complicated issues, still working on them...)
★ Additional logging to help understand other issues
★ Tweaking of PocketSphinx engine settings for better recognition
★ Resolving issues with UserVoice SDK (if you are having trouble sending a log, remember that your log is copied so you can always paste it into the email link below)
4.4:
★ Lots of Force close and bug fixes (sorry this took so long, but they were pretty tricky to figure out)
★ (Donate) Pocketsphinx - Option to pause listening during music playback
★ Issues with sending support requests should be resolved
★ Check if both versions are installed to prevent accidentally using the free version when the donate version is installed
4.3:
★ Force close and Can't Reach Google fixes (Thanks for all the logs! If you are still having this issue please email me. Sorry it has taken so long to fix these, but it is actually a very complicated issue which has many sources)
★ Shake sensitivity fixed
★ Bug fixes & performance improvements
4.2:
★ Force close and Can't Reach Google fixes (if you are still having this issue please email me)
★ Crash reporting added to help fix future crashes. This requires the Internet permission, which is why I added it. Please know that based on my privacy policy (http://OpenMic.RSenApps.com/privacypolicy.html) I cannot and never will upload any data without the user's consent
★ Native contact us, knowledge base, and future ideas, just click the Support button. This makes it easier to report issues...

4.1:
★ Force close and Can't Reach Google fixes (if you are still having this issue please email me)
★ Huge Apk/install size fixed
★ Various bug fixes...

Version 4.0 ICS (I Crave [Pocket]Sphinx):
★ PocketSphinx Speech Engine Integrated. PocketSphinx is a much faster, more reliable, and more battery efficient speech recognition engine and can now be used with Open Mic+ (Tasker commands are not supported yet...)

What this means:
- Faster, more reliable recognition
- Significantly reduced battery and memory usage
- Volume muting bugs resolved
- Recognition during music playback
- (Donate) Customize sensitivity

★ (Donate) Read out SMS messages when Open Mic+ is running (useful while driving)
★ Shake phone to activate
★ Loads of bug fixes and performance improvements
★ New Language: Finnish (Thanks to: Jaakko Salminen)

3.13:
- An activation screen to resemble Touchless Controls of the Moto X (work in progress)
- Multiple hotphrases by separating them with a comma
- (root) AutomateIt Support, to see how, click the support button and view the article!
- Lots of bug fixes (start on boot, Tasker integration, screen off, notification toggles, etc.)
- Optimize kill-prevention
- Updated translations
3.12:
- Compatibility with new Google Search update (this is an important update!)
- (Donate) Turn off screen after an activation from screen off
- Start on Boot + Listen Only When Screen Off is fixed
- Open Mic+ randomly stopping is now only caused in low-memory (working on this!)
- Bug fixes/performance improvements
- Updated Translations
- New Language: Dutch (Thanks to Gert-Jan Anema, Maxim van Loo, Soedhier Bansidhar, and Jorim Tielemans)

After both Open Mic+ and Google Search are updated:
- No more system sound locking!
- No more silencing of notifications!
3.11:
- (Donate) Full Bluetooth support! Ask and receive answers with a bluetooth headset
- Complete rewriting screen on/screen off activation code which should fix some issues of Open Mic+ stopping "randomly"
- New languages: Serbian & Turkish (Thanks to Julijan Nikolic & Mehmet Can Ekinci) - if you want to translate your language, please send me an email to tickets@rsenapps.uservoice.com
- Updated Translations
- General bug/stability fixes

WHAT'S DIFFERENT IN THE DONATE VERSION
Hi, my name is Ryan Senanayake and I'm a Junior still in high school. As the amount of time I have spent on this project grows to more than 500 hours, I need to better justify the time I spend on development. The Free version will in no way be hobbled and will continue to receive bug fixes + performance/battery improvements, but from now on, new features will be added to the Donate version. It will only cost $2 and if you are not able to spend this, just shoot me an email and I'll send you one for free.
Attached Files
File Type: apk OpenMic3.11.apk - [Click for QR Code] (755.0 KB, 200 views)
File Type: apk OpenMic3.12.apk - [Click for QR Code] (818.0 KB, 168 views)
File Type: apk OpenMic3.13.apk - [Click for QR Code] (821.3 KB, 428 views)
File Type: apk OpenMic4.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.56 MB, 130 views)
File Type: apk OpenMic4.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.56 MB, 826 views)
File Type: apk OpenMic4.4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.57 MB, 104 views)
File Type: apk OpenMic4.5.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.57 MB, 132 views)
The Following 129 Users Say Thank You to RSenG2x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thesparky007
Old
Thanks Meter 893
Great app! I'm surprised it was suspended

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thesparky007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pogi1100
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Great app! Currently testing on my GT-I9300. Screen-off mode works like a charm, don't really need to worry about power consumption because of my extended battery haha.

Is it possible to keep the lockscreen while in screen off mode?
Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Nexus 7 2013 (flo), Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
Kernel: Temasek Kernel (i9300), Faux Kernel (flo), Franco Kernel (hammerhead)

[GUIDE] Get Facebook Sync (with phone numbers) working on CM10+ (Different from Haxsync as it allows phone numbers to be synced as well.)

Paparasee
Old
Thanks Meter 154

DONATE TO ME
Nice! but could you provide an option to switch it off too? Since this affects the battery, I'd like to run this just when I'm in my car and then switch it off after I reach my destination.

Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500) [4.4.2 INU]

Samsung Nexus S (i9020A) retired
ROM: Slim Bean [4.2.2] build 4 | Kernel: Marmite - ROM Default

Zekeman
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Works good on galaxy s4 but screen mode off doesn't unlock screen when activated. I hear it in background but lock screen stays locked...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

davietr
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekeman View Post
Works good on galaxy s4 but screen mode off doesn't unlock screen when activated. I hear it in background but lock screen stays locked...

+1.

I look forward to future releases for this app.
Galaxy S4 Task650 AOKP

RSenG2x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogi1100 View Post
Great app! Currently testing on my GT-I9300. Screen-off mode works like a charm, don't really need to worry about power consumption because of my extended battery haha.

Is it possible to keep the lockscreen while in screen off mode?
Unfortunately no, it seems that Google Now only works if the lockscreen is deactivated. But what I'm trying to do is only allow the user to use Google Now above the lockscreen and have to still enter the password to use any other apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee View Post
Nice! but could you provide an option to switch it off too? Since this affects the battery, I'd like to run this just when I'm in my car and then switch it off after I reach my destination.

Thanks
You can use Tasker, AutomateIt, etc.to provide this automation, there are guides on the g+ page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekeman View Post

The current ways to do this are pretty sporadic as the Android apis are bad. I'm focusing on the new speech recognition as it gives me more control, but after I finish that I'll work on resolving this issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to RSenG2x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drewmonge
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Looks awesome. Trying to download it, but every time I hit the download link it goes to a blank white screen.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

RSenG2x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmonge View Post
Looks awesome. Trying to download it, but every time I hit the download link it goes to a blank white screen.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
Yeah sorry about that. You can download it on your computer, but not on your phone... Hey I'm an Android dev, not a web dev I know what I did wrong, I'll fix it tonight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RSenG2x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RSenG2x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291

DONATE TO ME
Ok downloads working now, sorry about that

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RSenG2x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
google now, open mic, open mic+, touchless controls