[APP][4.1+][V3.9] Open Mic+ for Google Now
BACK ON PLAYSTORE!!!
About Open Mic+
Google Now, Everywhere.
As featured on XDA, LifeHacker, SlashGear, Android Community, Android Spin, dotTech, AndroidInt'l, and more!
With Open Mic+ for Google Now, access all the commands from anywhere on your phone. Simply say "Okay Google" or wave your hand in front of the screen. Screen on, screen off Google Now will be ready to listen.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Google Now becomes more conversational as after a search just say Okay Google to start a new one. And even better get the answers to your questions while your hands are tied, or when you're on the couch, or in the car.
TOMORROW'S FEATURES TODAY
Everybody's talking about the new Touchless Controls features for the Moto X, but now any phone that is running Jelly Bean or higher can have the same experience.
Open Mic+ will run in the background and can be configured to start at boot so that it truly becomes part of the phone.
Truly automate your device by combining the endless command list of Tasker with the ease of access of Open Mic!
Open Mic+ uses offline voice recognition which means less data usage and faster results.
We saved the best for last. Open Mic+ has no ads, no in-app purchases, and is free to download. So why are you still reading this? Try Open Mic+ for Google Now.
What I'm working on:
See the g+ page for more details! Also please contact me if you are willing to contribute. Experience in sound engineering is especially welcome!
Please see the g+ page for more details and for videos (Also follow to be notified of updates!): http://plus.google.com/112424215551484520138/posts
Remember this is a work in progress, if it isn't working for you now, make sure to follow the g+ page so you'll know when I make it better
- bug fixes
- Security fix: wasn't relocking after Google Now closed
- (Donate) Choose if Open Mic+ relocks or not
- (Donate) Completely hide the notification using root permissions (Thanks to the Switchr Dev!)
- Stability, bug, and crash fixes
- (Donate) Ability to blacklist apps. This is useful to fix many of the compatibility issues (for example: voip, games, apps that use the mic, etc.)
- A whole ton of stability, crash, and bug fixes
- Multiple issues associated with Android Kitkat resolved
- (Donate) Screen Off Only Listening bug fixes
- Screen Off listening now works on many more devices including the Nexus 5
- New Permission: Disable Keyguard to ensure lock screen gets bypassed on all devices
- Translation into Russian (Arthur Tretuhin)
- Updated Translations in multiple languages
Version 3.6.1 Released:
- Bug fixes associated with screen off listening
Version 3.6 Released!
- Ability to use the default Google Now hot word detection. This makes the app much much more stable and allows for complete integration into Android Kitkat (listen only screen off is no longer necessary)
- Various other bug fixes and stability improvements
- Coming soon: ability to blacklist apps so that Open Mic+ won't listen (ex. camera, voip app, etc.)
- New permission: Get_Tasks allows me to determine the current app
WHAT'S DIFFERENT IN THE DONATE VERSION
Hi, my name is Ryan Senanayake and I'm a Junior still in high school. As the amount of time I have spent on this project grows to more than 500 hours, I need to better justify the time I spend on development. The Free version will in no way be hobbled and will continue to receive bug fixes + performance/battery improvements, but from now on, new features will be added to the Donate version. It will only cost $2 and if you are not able to spend this, just shoot me an email and I'll send you one for free.