Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Google edition Boot Animation [Flash]

Tip us?

bri315317
Old
(Last edited by bri315317; 27th September 2013 at 12:24 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 14,628

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up [MOD] Google edition Boot Animation [Flash]

The LG G2 uses the standard bootanimation.zip format and can be easily replaced.
You require root and recovery to flash this zip.
Use at your own risk!

Download attached file and flash in recovery
Reboot
Enjoy!

This should work on all variants.
This will not remove the boot sound, however that can be manually removed with a root file browser.

I did not create the zip file, had it around from my S4 days. Credits to original author that created it, who ever you are!
Attached Files
File Type: zip GoogleEditionBootANI.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.72 MB, 5873 views)

Please log ISSUES with my Dynamic Kat for the Note 3 in this spreadsheet to help me help you!
Please USE the Official Q&A thread for Dynamic Kat on the Note 3 in this Thread.
Please log ISSUES with my Dynamic Kat for the S5 in this spreadsheet to help me help you!
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to bri315317 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Namtaru
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Have you installed it yet?

Anyone else try it?

bri315317
Old
Thanks Meter 14,628

DONATE TO ME
Yes I have. Works as expected.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

Please log ISSUES with my Dynamic Kat for the Note 3 in this spreadsheet to help me help you!
Please USE the Official Q&A thread for Dynamic Kat on the Note 3 in this Thread.
Please log ISSUES with my Dynamic Kat for the S5 in this spreadsheet to help me help you!

sonofskywalker3
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Flashed on VZW G2, confirm working great! Thanks, I hated the verizon bootup.
If you like my work, please consider donating. Thanks.
Email: Sonofskywalker3@gmail.com
Twitter: Sonofskywalker3
The Following User Says Thank You to sonofskywalker3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mantan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks! This is way nicer than stock.

zxrax
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Very nice. But is there a way to get rid of or change the sound? I still hear the att boot sound, which is ****ty IMO.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

bri315317
Old
Thanks Meter 14,628

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxrax View Post
Very nice. But is there a way to get rid of or change the sound? I still hear the att boot sound, which is ****ty IMO.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
Pretty sure it is located in /system/etc/poweron.ogg

Rename or move to get rid of boot sound.

Someone correct this if it is wrong. That was the first thing I did with root and can't remember the exact location.

drkow19
Old
(Last edited by drkow19; 20th September 2013 at 03:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri315317 View Post
Pretty sure it is located in /system/etc/poweron.ogg

Rename or move to get rid of boot sound.

Someone correct this if it is wrong. That was the first thing I did with root and can't remember the exact location.

system/media/audio/ui/poweron.ogg and poweroff.ogg

I'm gonna try renaming them and see if that works. Haven't TWRP'd yet so I can't install this boot anim. Soon.

EDIT: renamed them to poweronx.ogg and poweroffx.ogg with Root Browser, no more boot sound.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to drkow19 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bri315317
Old
Thanks Meter 14,628

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkow19 View Post

I'm gonna try renaming them and see if that works. Haven't TWRP'd yet so I can't install this boot anim. Soon.

EDIT: renamed them to poweronx.ogg and poweroffx.ogg with Root Browser, no more boot sound.
Thanks for the correction. :thumbup:

The Following User Says Thank You to bri315317 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a400meter
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkow19 View Post

You don't have to install TWRP (or any recovery) to utilize the boot animation. Just extract the file in the OP and replace/overwrite the phone's 'system/media/bootanimation.zip' with the one located in the OP's zip. ('GoogleEditionBootANI.zip\system\media\bootanimat ion.zip')

Of course you do need root to apply this, but not a custom recovery. Just an FYI for those who may not know...
Phone: Nexus 4 | Retired Vibrant | MT3G

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to a400meter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]